REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
Aug 3, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #361 of 835
I ordered concerto. He told me that he will send amp today early in the morning. Sliver one. Now i just have to wait few days. Usually around 5 days... But its hard to wait. I would like to have it now on my table with T1 plugged in.
smile.gif

Aug 4, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #363 of 835

Quote:
I ordered concerto. He told me that he will send amp today early in the morning. Sliver one. Now i just have to wait few days. Usually around 5 days... But its hard to wait. I would like to have it now on my table with T1 plugged in.
smile.gif

Hi ElephantTLK, I would love to hear your impressions of your new Concerto paired with the T1, especially vs. the Darkvoice 336. After much research the Stagedac+Concerto+T1 is the combination I've got my sights on. Skylab has indicated good synergy with the T1, which is very reassuring - and a principle factor in considering this setup, but other opinions on this pairing are thin on the ground and there are many indications in the T1 thread that this headphone pairs better with tube amplifiers vs. solid state.

The Concerto is attractive to me because it seems good value for money, has a strong feature set and should be versatile in pairing with different headphone types. I'm leaning toward solid state over tube for my first serious investment as it seems simpler and more reliable.

I was originally considering the HD 650 and pairing it with the Concerto, but after conversing with Jan via e-mail (a friendly and helpful chap), I'm going to go with his recommendation to upgrade to the T1 to get the best out of the Concerto (he also recommended the HD 800). I'm still working my way through the T1 thread, but the consensus appears to be that it's a significant improvement over the HD 650 and is a little more accessible than the HD 800 (it's also cheaper - which is an important factor as this expenditure is going to hurt my wallet!).

Congratulations on your new purchase - I hope you enjoy it, and please do keep us posted on your impressions!

Aug 4, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #364 of 835
@jr41

I hope that i will get it soon. And i will try to do little review. But i am not good at writing reviews. And not so good with describing sound... But i could tell my opinnion.

I used to have HD650. It was good headphone. But never near T1. Its big difference yes. Its worth going with T1. 
I hope that i will got Concerto in next days.

Aug 4, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #366 of 835
Outstanding pairing. You will be very, very pleased.

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #369 of 835
Concerto submitted:
26.07.10  DHL  Europe

D7000 submitted:
08/03/10  UPS  USA

UPS says already cleared customs here in OZ and no word from DHL. I think UPS will beat DHL by a week or more.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #375 of 835
Skylab, how does the Concerto compete with the Blue Circle SBH? Reading your reviews they seem to play in the same ballpark, am I wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back