[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #751 of 964
in active mode, they sound almost like beats 
confused_face.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #753 of 964
I personally love the bass in passive. I'm no bass head so maybe thats why. I like how it sort of gives way to the others while being clear.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #754 of 964
Having heard the solo's, solo hd's and studio's; they are much clearer than those. Not sure about the mixers or the pros as non of my friends have them so I haven't been able to test them.

EDIT: was meant to be a reply to Ophiel. 
confused_face.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #755 of 964
I actually haven't actually heard any of the beats headphones.. Only the iem. I took soo long trying to convince my friend not to get it and in the end I failed. So I tried listening to it ..the bass just kills everything. Yea the ue6000 is definitely less boomy compared to it. But instead of being muddy like the beats, I find that details simply vanish..no idea why

edit: my impressions above are on active mode

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #756 of 964
Yeh after a few days you will probably get bored of active mode and use pssive mode only because the quality is better in the mids and highs, although there is not as punchy bass it is much better quality as well. The quantity of bass in passive mode is ok, a bit low I think. At the moment I am using the Momentums more but I still think these are very good if you can get them a bit below the RRP.

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #757 of 964
This thread hasn't gotten any love in some time. 

I'm hoping some UE6000 owners can chime in and help a little. I purchased one of these second hand recently. My current problem is that the two channels sound a little imbalanced. After listening a bit more, I feel the right side has a slightly better overall isolation, so I'm not sure how much that has to play into it. 

I'm using the 4 pin TRRS on a stereo jack (TRS), so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it either. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #758 of 964
Quote:
This thread hasn't gotten any love in some time. 

I'm hoping some UE6000 owners can chime in and help a little. I purchased one of these second hand recently. My current problem is that the two channels sound a little imbalanced. After listening a bit more, I feel the right side has a slightly better overall isolation, so I'm not sure how much that has to play into it. 

I'm using the 4 pin TRRS on a stereo jack (TRS), so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it either. 

Okie well I did a little more sit down with these. I really really am falling in love with the design and the sound is also growing on me. 

I think I have figured out the issue. The left cup with the battery compartment leaks a lot of sound from the batter compartment itself. I can't see any pictures, and it seems like no one has opened these yet.

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #759 of 964
Quote:
I think I have figured out the issue. The left cup with the battery compartment leaks a lot of sound from the batter compartment itself.

You can make pancakes with these?

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #763 of 964
I like the UE6000 because they are just nice to use, they do not have amazing sound quality, they are quite dark and slightly muffled sounding, but they sound nice, are very comfortable, work well for music, games etc. you can use them for as long as you like without any listening fatigue and they are made of nice materials. I think at £100 (ebay) they are really good headphones. I agree 100% with Innerfidelity, they should get more attention on head-fi, if I paid RRP though, I would not be as happy with them, I am looking for a more "reference grade" pair, but I might keep the UE6000 anyway just because I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back