[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Jul 21, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #931 of 964
NOPE!  jk.. but I do want a 9k, can't find em for a good deal yet.

Have two UE6ks.. why I don't know.. maybe waiting to gift one to a cousin or friend eventually. You want to trade? 2 for 1?

I've just sold a pair on eBay, £150 seems to be the going rate. Sadly these are my keepers I'm afraid. I previously owned the 6000 and sold them as soon as I got these as they don't compare at all despite what people say. Hope you find some, pairs with broken headbands sell really cheap and are not that hard to fix if you don't mind what they look like too much.

Aug 20, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #932 of 964
Would anyone say the UE6000 sounds like the Klipsch S4 iem since they have that bassy recessed treble sound? I'm seriously considering the UE's but the talk of dull, recessed and boring treble worries me. I've tried the Klipsch S4 and thought they were terrible due to the underwater blanket-covered sound of the high frequencies. Its either these UE6000 or the TDK ST-750 for me which seem to be the polar opposite with super bright treble.

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #933 of 964
Would anyone say the UE6000 sounds like the Klipsch S4 iem since they have that bassy recessed treble sound? I'm seriously considering the UE's but the talk of dull, recessed and boring treble worries me. I've tried the Klipsch S4 and thought they were terrible due to the underwater blanket-covered sound of the high frequencies. Its either these UE6000 or the TDK ST-750 for me which seem to be the polar opposite with super bright treble.

That's odd, if anything the S4 have too much treble. They were very sibilant for me. The UE6000 have plenty of treble in active mode and recessed treble in passive mode.

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #934 of 964
That's odd, if anything the S4 have too much treble. They were very sibilant for me. The UE6000 have plenty of treble in active mode and recessed treble in passive mode.

There was a number of diffetent drivers used in the S4 over the years. The early ones were very sibilant and slightly harsh but imo the later ones were v shaped in their response but more refined in their highs. Comparing to something like a Grado they could be considered veiled but as budget iems I always found them quite dynamic and fun sounding

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #935 of 964

Due to all the positive reviews of the S4 i suspect i may have had fakes. They did have the correct basic freq response though so its hard to guess. Compared to my usual Panasonic RP-HJE900E IEM's the S4 were shockingly dull and completely missing musical parts of the high end in some Cocteau Twins tracks that i simply was unable to find no matter how closely i listened. I may be immune to sibilance and certainly favour a neutral to bright signature.

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #936 of 964
Due to all the positive reviews of the S4 i suspect i may have had fakes. They did have the correct basic freq response though so its hard to guess. Compared to my usual Panasonic RP-HJE900E IEM's the S4 were shockingly dull and completely missing musical parts of the high end in some Cocteau Twins tracks that i simply was unable to find no matter how closely i listened. I may be immune to sibilance and certainly favour a neutral to bright signature.

They have positive reviews in the consumer world, but I think on headfi they've always been seen as a pretty mediocre iem. I certainly thought they were overpriced when I got mine and quickly sold it off, but as was mentioned maybe they had a bunch of different iterations or maybe I was the one with the fakes. Who knows

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #939 of 964

You can see measurement pics here taken from this thread. You'll also see it up at the top right as "Recent Images In This Thread".

thank you for your help! I was really only wondering about the depth on the earcups. are there any references to that measurement? thxs again :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #941 of 964
Just measured, earpad openings are 55mm tall, 35mm wide and 22mm deep

Thank you so much!!! Omg 22mm deep... These r going to be my next buy heh

Sep 3, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #942 of 964
Thank you so much!!! Omg 22mm deep... These r going to be my next buy heh

I don't know where you're located but this is probably the best deal in the UK at the moment. I don't know if he ships international?http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=310704525627&alt=web
I bought a pair from him a while back and they were like brand new.

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #943 of 964
I don't know where you're located but this is probably the best deal in the UK at the moment. I don't know if he ships international?http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=310704525627&alt=web
I bought a pair from him a while back and they were like brand new.

ahhh i want white tho! heh

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #944 of 964
Just my two cents, to me, I feel like the ue9000 is rather versatile, as in passive mode with the cable the entire range sounds close to flat-ish with a small hump in the bass region and somewhat recessed highs; the headphones sound rather good for movies, lindsey stirling type of music, or just classical music in general (which i prefer when studying). However, turn on the noise canceling or bluetooth (noise canceling comes on automatically w/ bluetooth but you can also use it with the cable) and you notice more emphasis in the highs and lower regions, BUT, recessed mids (keep in mind though that this is nowhere near as bad as Beats, which I feel ripped off of for buying). This isn't necessarily a bad thing though, as the change in sound signature makes them very preferable for modern hip-hop or edm - Glitch Mob and Timbaland are very fun to listen to. For these versatile aspects, I actually prefer ue9000 to momentums, and if you look online, you may be able to find them even cheaper than said momentums (when on SALE-i got mine for $170), which i feel only best the 9000s in looks and materials used (momentums use a beautiful leather, but other than that, ue9000s seem very durable and on par with the momentums in that sense). The only cons I have about the headphones are that they feel rather tight from the get go (not as bad as aiaiai tma-1s though) and that WHILE charging, the headphones do have a somewhat notable hiss if you are listening and charging in between songs.

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #945 of 964

cupsize for ue9000
popcorn.gif

1.5inch x 2 inch

Is this on-ear headphone ? my ear is longer than 2.5 inches. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back