[Review] InEar Stage Diver 3 - An experience
Mar 9, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #781 of 786
Hi,
I got a pair of these IEMs a couple of months ago and have been generally very pleased with them but I have one issue - the tips.

I've struggled a lot to get a good seal even with the largest pair but, almost ironically, I've also trouble with the tips getting stuck in my ears when removing the IEMs. To top things off, one of them has now disappeared - it was there when I carefully put them away in their box when I got to work but when I took them out their box it was gone - checked in the box, no sign; checked on the ground nearby, no sign.
So I'm in need of new tips for them, preferably of a better material, as the silicon ones it came with simply doesn't seem to have been of a high enough quality.

Obviously people have mentioned the likes of Comply and Ortofon in this thread but I was wondering how big a selection were available and whether their were any specific places that stocked them that I should look at, especially UK-based ones.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As an aside, I find the cables to be much longer than I need so I'm going to have a wee look for replacements.
I saw that someone in the thread said they were compatible with Westone cables, is that correct?

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #782 of 786
Hi,
I got a pair of these IEMs a couple of months ago and have been generally very pleased with them but I have one issue - the tips.

I've struggled a lot to get a good seal even with the largest pair but, almost ironically, I've also trouble with the tips getting stuck in my ears when removing the IEMs. To top things off, one of them has now disappeared - it was there when I carefully put them away in their box when I got to work but when I took them out their box it was gone - checked in the box, no sign; checked on the ground nearby, no sign.
So I'm in need of new tips for them, preferably of a better material, as the silicon ones it came with simply doesn't seem to have been of a high enough quality.

Obviously people have mentioned the likes of Comply and Ortofon in this thread but I was wondering how big a selection were available and whether their were any specific places that stocked them that I should look at, especially UK-based ones.

As an aside, I find the cables to be much longer than I need so I'm going to have a wee look for replacements.
I saw that someone in the thread said they were compatible with Westone cables, is that correct?

Hey, i am currently using the JVC Spiral Dots with my SD-2s. Compared to the Complys and Spin Fits, the Spiral Dots bring out the best sound (in my opinion haha). Sorry as i am unsure where you can get hold of these in UK.

Regarding the cables, you are right; the SDs are compatible with Westone 2-pin connectors :)

Hope the above help! Cheers

Mar 9, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #783 of 786
  Hi,

It would have to be ebay for the ortofon and jvc tips I'm afraid.  As for cable although I do not have a stagediver I can recommend the linum bax cables for their lightness and no memory wire.

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #784 of 786
Thank you both for replying.
After a quick look at the various brands mentioned, I feel more inclined to go for the Complys - partly because the likes of the Spiral Dots and Ortofans are both pretty similar to the original tips and I wasn't hugely pleased with them but also because the Complys seem to be more readily available and I need something ASAP as my SD-3s are currently out of action.

One further question though.
Is there a specific model of Complys that are compatible with the SD-3s or will any do?
And if the latter is the case, what is the difference between them?

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #785 of 786
  Thank you both for replying.
After a quick look at the various brands mentioned, I feel more inclined to go for the Complys - partly because the likes of the Spiral Dots and Ortofans are both pretty similar to the original tips and I wasn't hugely pleased with them but also because the Complys seem to be more readily available and I need something ASAP as my SD-3s are currently out of action.

One further question though.
Is there a specific model of Complys that are compatible with the SD-3s or will any do?
And if the latter is the case, what is the difference between them?

Good choice to go with the Complys :D I previously used the T500 series on the SD-2s, and they fit nicely. The T400 may be a little too tight when replacing them. I don't think there was much difference in terms of sound quality except for the bore diameter sizes (for the T series) hehe.

Apologies, if you are looking at the different types of series of the Comply tips, this would be a good summary:
http://www.complyfoam.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back