[Review] InEar Stage Diver 3 - An experience
Jun 21, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #771 of 786
What's your experience with the sd3 on a fiio x3, ibasso dx-50? I am waiting for the arrival of my fiio x5 and I hope it's the perfect match. The fiio x3 seems to sound too dark, combined with the sd3 it's a no-go imho. Excited for the 10-band graphic eq to tweak the 100-250 area(3-5dB, nothing spectacular) and maybe a little boost in the treble... Personal preference.
wink.gif

Speaking from my own experience they do extremely well with the DX-50

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #772 of 786
I found DX50 with RSA Shadow amplification was fabulous combo for electronics and dance with the SD3.

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #773 of 786
Selling mine in classifieds if interested.

Dec 26, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #774 of 786
I'm really thinking about purchasing these IEM but I've never owned an expensive IEM before. I currently own the Yamaha eph-100 and they are almost dead (they lose sounds sometimes and I've had them for 3 years). I want something that will last a long time so I'm willing to pay the extra. However, is it essential to use an amplifier with these? I want to use them in the office and during commute and don't want to carry an amp with me at all. Also, I pretty much listen to every genre under the sun. Has any one tried these with melodic death metal or metal/rock as a whole? I've read these have good bass so genres like IDM, ambient, techno, electronica, funk, hip-hop, etc will be good I assume.

Thanks! 

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #775 of 786
I'm really thinking about purchasing these IEM but I've never owned an expensive IEM before. I currently own the Yamaha eph-100 and they are almost dead (they lose sounds sometimes and I've had them for 3 years). I want something that will last a long time so I'm willing to pay the extra. However, is it essential to use an amplifier with these? I want to use them in the office and during commute and don't want to carry an amp with me at all. Also, I pretty much listen to every genre under the sun. Has any one tried these with melodic death metal or metal/rock as a whole? I've read these have good bass so genres like IDM, ambient, techno, electronica, funk, hip-hop, etc will be good I assume.

Thanks! 
Maybe the SD will cover needs coming from the Yamaha.Both are great with prog-rock and there is no need for an amp as they are very sensitive

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #777 of 786
Hi guys I just bought these IEM's and I can say that they are stunning in every sense...
Is it the general consensus that the best eartips are from ortofon?

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #778 of 786
Hi guys I just bought these IEM's and I can say that they are stunning in every sense...
Is it the general consensus that the best eartips are from ortofon?
That remains a personal thing. Trying all out might be expensive but for an in ear of this level, it is worth the trouble. I use the originals and Comply's depending on how much seal I want if for example in a noisy environment

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #779 of 786
Im truly astounted by these IEM's...The delivery, dynamism, tight bass, sparkling treble is something i did not expect for something that is not a custom IEM. Im investing in a balanced cable from peterk...hopefully that will improve things even more.

But anyone on the fence about these, dont be...They are sensational.

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #780 of 786
I'm very interested in these but would like to know how they compare to my current equipment. I mainly use Sennheiser IE80 and love how they sound, especially how the bass makes your head explode. How do these compare to the IE80 in terms of bass, comfort and isolation? I have Shure SE215 as well, but find their bass lacking, comparisons with those would be interesting as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back