REVIEW: iBasso D1, Leckerton Audio UHA-3, and Meier Corda Move compared.
Sep 16, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #136 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedbird151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is the best source for these chips? I'm a beginner here. I'm thinking of pairing the 2111/LM4562 mod with the HD650's. Would that be a good combination?

Paul

It is an excellent combination. I also am using the HD650s. You can order direct from the mfg websites. You do need to register first.

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #137 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by ehlarson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm. I have a couple of LME49720 kicking around. Looks like I am going to have to try them as buffers in the D1.

yeah, please do, i always found that 49720 sound better than 4562, and it doesnt need soldering...
cool.gif
cool.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #138 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by ehlarson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm. I have a couple of LME49720 kicking around. Looks like I am going to have to try them as buffers in the D1.

If you have more than two I might be interested in purchasing a pair. Thanks.

Sep 17, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #140 of 247
Skylab,

If you dont mind can you compare your FUBAR II > MOVE to the sound quality of MOVE's DAC/AMP since both of them have quite similar spec DAC. Your comment about MOVE's DAC SQ (which i do agree) made me curious if maybe the MOVE's DAC is not implemented properly. Thanks.

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #141 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab,

If you dont mind can you compare your FUBAR II > MOVE to the sound quality of MOVE's DAC/AMP since both of them have quite similar spec DAC. Your comment about MOVE's DAC SQ (which i do agree) made me curious if maybe the MOVE's DAC is not implemented properly. Thanks.

The Fubar sounds better than the Move's built in DAC (but not as good as the D1's). At least in my setup, the Move, which is one of the best sounding portable headphone amps I have ever heard, and I have heard a LOT of them, does not have the greatest sounding internal DAC. It's not awful by any means, but it is the Move's weakest link.

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #142 of 247
Skylab, kind of Grateful Dead looking, your new sign is. Kind of scary, not so sure I will be reading these posts a night now. . . . scaaary. . . .

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #143 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab, kind of Grateful Dead looking, your new sign is. Kind of scary, not so sure I will be reading these posts a night now. . . . scaaary. . . .

Excellent, looks like I found exactly what I was looking for - kind of Grateful Dead, kind of scary
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #145 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Fubar sounds better than the Move's built in DAC (but not as good as the D1's). At least in my setup, the Move, which is one of the best sounding portable headphone amps I have ever heard, and I have heard a LOT of them, does not have the greatest sounding internal DAC. It's not awful by any means, but it is the Move's weakest link.

Thanks for that Skylab.
Hmm.. looks like i have to sell my MOVE and get D1 since i mainly use it primarily as a DAC/AMP combo.

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #146 of 247
I'm new here and will order a D1 in a week when they're available again (my name is on the list). Anyway, I started looking for a pair of LM4562 chips to replace the opamps when the D1 arrives and ended up with this list: http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/bro...questid=143063.

Anyone know which is the right opamp? Sorry for the newb question, but replacing opamps is new to me.

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #148 of 247
I'm not sure about ordering from the website. I sent them an e-mail after reading Skylab's awesome post (I'd happily send him anything for review, what an outstanding job!) and they said they'll be available in about a week and they've added my name to the list. I'm not sure what that means but if you want one, definitely send them an e-mail.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #149 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by douglasjboehme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Anyway, I started looking for a pair of LM4562 chips to replace the opamps when the D1 arrives and ended up with this list: http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/bro...questid=143063.

Anyone know which is the right opamp? Sorry for the newb question, but replacing opamps is new to me.

Thanks!

Newark doesn't have it in stock. Digi-key does:
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...me=LM4562NA-ND
However, Digikey.com charges $5 handling if your order is less than $25 - in addition to shipping. Newark doesn't charge for handling, shipping for both is reasonable via USPS priority or UPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back