REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More!
May 31, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #136 of 140
Quote:
Unfortunately I have to agree. Today I just noticed that my HE-500 started to rust. My HE-4 has rusty screws so I cant even replace them while the HE-500 is rusting on all metallic parts. I am very sad as they are my favourite headphones and I thought I would settle down with them as my final cans. I cleaned some rust away but the colour was removed with it so the grey-silver paint is now golden-brown on some areas.
frown.gif

The HE 500 is a great start for those who want to jump into Orthos but Hifiman should improve the build quality. 
I ain't spending $700 for rusted screw, loose fittings, cheapo cables etc. The HE6 seems to be better built.
Beyer still wins in the build quality department. Their mid range stuff are still built like Panzers

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #137 of 140

The HE 500 is a great start for those who want to jump into Orthos but Hifiman should improve the build quality. 
I ain't spending $700 for rusted screw, loose fittings, cheapo cables etc. The HE6 seems to be better built.
Beyer still wins in the build quality department. Their mid range stuff are still built like Panzers

Which BeyerDynamic can's do you mean ?

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #138 of 140
Hm... I thought that HE-500 is a planar magentic can ? but how come some people here call it Ortho... ?

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #140 of 140
Half the world of audiophiles call planar magnetics orthodynamics because it was a term coined by Yamaha for their line of planar magnetics back in the day.

Cool, thanks man !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back