REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP
Jun 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #46 of 92
Quote:

Hopefully it will be fixed soon :/ I have atleast win 7 on another pc.

Today it seems that I sound overly pessimistic, but probably this will not happen. It is not something that Hifi ET could change so easily, this is stuff that the Rockchip (the processor inside the MA9) company provides.I saw it back then with the Teclast T51, it is so many years, but that damn firmware upload tool is still the same.

On the other hand... maybe there will be an easy to use rockbox loader. Who knows.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #53 of 92
It is on par with DX100 in terms of SQ and outperform it on a usability (especially when flash rockbox on it).
Outperforms ak120/100 in SQ whithout any question.

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #55 of 92
I dont have an ak120 on a hand. Just because it is not interesting for me. I'm an engineer and can imagine it's potential regardless the asked  price. This units just coming from a different leagues of the sound and direct comparsion between them is not possible to perform.

As for MA9AE it can work with different (say balanced) amp module. Some of them coming to me right now for testing. Didn't hear it until now. So can't comment.

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #56 of 92
Im really interested in this beast. 
There is a point that really annoys me.. the crosstalk is huge..specially for a +/- power supply. Any fix for that?
Any idea how the rock box is performing on the M9. 
Regards!

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #57 of 92
  Im really interested in this beast. 
There is a point that really annoys me.. the crosstalk is huge..specially for a +/- power supply. Any fix for that?
Any idea how the rock box is performing on the M9. 
Regards!

What do you mean about crosstalk? I'm unclear. 

I have not been able to find an XP machine to install Rockbox. So no comment on that yet. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #58 of 92
Any update on rockboxing this thing? I wonder if it does improve the player usability significantly.
Can someone provide the playtime of MA9 playing standard red book files? One more question, does it support 64GB uSD card?

Apr 27, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #60 of 92
I have recently purchased a HIFI ET MA9c directly from HIFI ET.
I am very pleased with it, the only problem I am having relates to Rockbox, I am hoping for some advice from this forum.

Not having a PC with Winows XP or 7 32bit, I requested that it be shipped with Rockbox preinstalled. This did happen, and when booting from the card it boots into Rockbox with no problem. The combination of this player and Rockbox I find to be excellent.

Having Rockbox preinstalled, I expected to be able to download the latest Rockbox files for the MA9C from the Rockbox site, place on the SDHC card and boot to the newest version.

When doing so, I receive the message “bad id No”. I have then looked at the info file (Rockbox) that was on the card that came with the player and work. Comparing this file to the one on the Rockbox site, the id numbers for the payer are different ( do not have the details here with me).

I checked the relevant details for the files for the MA9 on the rockbox site, this file has the same player id as the files pre loaded onto my player. Despite this being for the MA9 not the MA9C i tried these files, the player booted but of course the screen colours were wrong as expected using the incorrect files.

I am at a loss as to why this is the case. I have contacted the company and they were of little help. All they suggested was to install as per the instructions on the Rockbox site. This is no help to me as I still do not have a machine that will allow me to do the installation.

I would like to know it would be possible to place the files for the MA9 on to my card, then replace the files that impact the screen with those from the MA9C (if anyone can identify them).

Whilst I am pleased with the player and that it has Rockbox on it, I am currently unable to upgrade to the most recent Rockbox files where it should have been a simple issue of placing the MA9C files onto the card.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back