REVIEW: GoVibe MAGNUM USB DAC/AMP
Sep 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #62 of 73
Doesn't sound too bad, though it's a lot lower than I was originally led to believe. Could you tell me what the mAh rating for the stock battery is?

If I were to get my hands on a Magnum, I'd probably be using my Maha Powerex battery (230 mAh), would you happen to know how long it would last?

[EDIT] Forgot to thank you for your reply. Thank you!

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #63 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by whypigsfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't sound too bad, though it's a lot lower than I was originally led to believe. Could you tell me what the mAh rating for the stock battery is?

If I were to get my hands on a Magnum, I'd probably be using my Maha Powerex battery (230 mAh), would you happen to know how long it would last?

[EDIT] Forgot to thank you for your reply. Thank you!

not too sure about the power rating because i sold it off sometime ago

Dec 25, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #64 of 73
any new update or reviews about this magnum?

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #65 of 73
bump

has anyone compared this to the ibasso d4?

which has more punch,, with knob turned up obviously.

and id like a govibe vulcan vb compare to the ibasso d10 considering they have same optical inputs.

thank you

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #67 of 73
How does this compare to the Vulcan VB? I'm currently debating between the Magnum, VB or Lisa III. I want the best oomph/impact in the bass department. I heard the Vulcan VB has more bass capabilities than the Magnum; however, everyone really likes the Lisa. What do you guys think? I am sort of a "bass-head" so I want an amp that is capable of the most bass boosting ability while not sacraficinh SQ. Thanks I advance for any input/advice.

Apr 21, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #69 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Arrow 12HE has a really good bass booster, the best hardware implementation I've heard so far.

You think it has more custimization than the Vulcan VB? That was one of my other options mainly for the price but I have read that it creates interferance when used with an iPhone. I'm going to have to upgrade my PMP, either through iMod on my iPod Rockboxed and getting a good LOD or I was gonna get a Cowon or SFLO2. Haven't decided yet.

Were you able to do a direct comparison between the Vulcan VB & Arrow? I really like the portability feature but I want the amp that's capable of cranking up the best possible bass to the max. Like a super crisp subwoofer is what I'm going for. I now have all the Turbine Pro models which I hear work great with amps, apparently they perform very well when driven hard. So what amp is going to give me the best performance and the ability to boost up the bass to monstrous levels when I feel like it?

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #70 of 73
I didn't test the Vulcan, but I've heard quite a few amps so far... the Arrow is the only one I would recommend to anybody. It makes the Minibox E+ look (and sound) like crap, it makes the Headsix appear astronomically overpriced, etc.

The Arrow drives SE530 and UE11 as well as it drives HD650, and its features are all very well implemented (bass, crossfeed, gain, impedance). As for the bass, I don't think any other amp has a +12dB bass boost built in? The ones I've tried go to at most +6dB, if at all.

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #71 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't test the Vulcan, but I've heard quite a few amps so far... the Arrow is the only one I would recommend to anybody. It makes the Minibox E+ look (and sound) like crap, it makes the Headsix appear astronomically overpriced, etc.

The Arrow drives SE530 and UE11 as well as it drives HD650, and its features are all very well implemented (bass, crossfeed, gain, impedance). As for the bass, I don't think any other amp has a +12dB bass boost built in? The ones I've tried go to at most +6dB, if at all.

You would recommend the Arrow over the Triad Audio III? I know it's expensive but my research leads me to believe the Lisa III is the best of the best.

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #72 of 73
You can get them here:

Jaben Network

PM Uncle Wilson, or goto that site and send him an eMail and see what it will be with shipping. I suspect the pricing is in the same ballpark as the Petite.

What kind of dac chip and amp does the GOvibe magnum use?

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #73 of 73
You can get them here:

Jaben Network

PM Uncle Wilson, or goto that site and send him an eMail and see what it will be with shipping. I suspect the pricing is in the same ballpark as the Petite.

Wanted to ask if you could compare this to the Pico dac amp that is available? Is the DAC on par with the E17 as far as sound quality? I know it is a different chip in both. The E17 has a wolfson 8740. This is an AD1852 right? Does it have an okay sound stage and detail? Is it smooth or analytical?  sorry about the questions but I am asking because of possibly getting one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back