REVIEW: GoVibe MAGNUM USB DAC/AMP
May 11, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #16 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by beetlez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone tried with IEM? Livewires in specific? Are there any noticeable hissing sound?

I haven't listened with Livewires, but with UM2's (which are VERY sensitive to hissing) there wasn't anything.

There's a little thump when turning on the amp, it's noticeable (not loud or annoying) with whatever headphones you have on, but most notable with IEMs.

May 11, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #17 of 73
hopefully i will get my end of mei
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #18 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by beetlez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone tried with IEM? Livewires in specific? Are there any noticeable hissing sound?

The version that I listened to did not have a hiss with Livewires. However, it was a very early prototype. Uncle Wilson would not even tell me who made the amp. Only later, at the meet, did I discover what amp I had been listening to.

Explorer

May 15, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #20 of 73
Have you tried the DAC hooked up?

I believe its the Burr Brown PCM2702 as it shows up for me in vista.

I was curious, for those who have tried the DAC, does it support ASIO or Kernal Streaming?

May 15, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #21 of 73
If only I didn't leave it at work, I'd give it a shot...I can hopefully fill ya in tomorrow after I get off work...

May 15, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #22 of 73
its not showing up in media monkey when you open up KS or ASIO driver....works fine with mediamonkey direct

May 18, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #24 of 73
Should be available this week. Go here and contact Wilson for and order:

Jaben Network

May 18, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #25 of 73
i havent been able to get KS or ASIO working on the DAC portion....i got ASIO4ALL working though.

Anyone got KS or ASIO working?

May 18, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #27 of 73
Here's some pics of it's relative size:

CIMG0106.JPG

CIMG0112.JPG

It's pretty small...a little smaller than a Hornet, but bigger than a Tomahawk...

May 18, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #28 of 73
Thanks oicdn. I loaded an ipod, tomahawk, and hornet on sizeasy.com and got a decent idea of its size. Its pretty small. Looks a tad fat though.

What do you mean by "dry" when your describing the sound?
Im looking for domething with full body and smooth, not thin in any way.
Do you think this fits that, or not the best choice?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back