Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips
Nov 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #137 of 237
Thanks Shane.  That's what I've read about the MG7 drivers...that the treble was more pronounced with the MG7's.  I can live with not having the best treble....but not having the best bass...tough call hahaha.  Luckily I don't have to make that decision though. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #138 of 237
Biggest difference between mg5 and mg7 is treble, not bass.  My mg5 Atrios actually had ever-so-slightly better bass than my mg7's, although mg7 treble was much improved.

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #142 of 237

Quote:
Any of them really. Getting bass quantity isn't a real concern. Any tip with a good seal gives you that. The concern is finding a comfortable tip with a large sound hole to allow as much treble as possible through. 

This, although if you really want max bass, go for foams.  Get Shure Olives or Comply Foams.  Most people prefer the Shure's I think, although I like the Comply better.

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #143 of 237
Ended up getting the Atrio X's yesterday (managed to get a deal on 'em $34.95 new).  I'm wearing them with Sony Hybrids and Monster Adapaters...all is well and the fit is comfortable for me
etysmile.gif
  From everything I've read about Atrios they need lots of burn in time, but I like the way they sound right now just fine.  Only complaint is the cord length is kind of short.

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #145 of 237
Nov 25, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #146 of 237

Quote:
Are these the Olives for the Atrios..will they fit?  I haven't tried them, but price looks good on these: http://www.eardio.com/memory-foam-replacement-ear-tips-black-medium-3-pairs-p-93.html

No, not without modding them with the core of another tip.  Those are made to fit the Shure e2c, which has a wider nozzle.  Besides, you do not want to use foam with the Atrios IMO.  It completely kills any treble presence.

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #147 of 237
I sometimes use Comply foams.  I definitely agree that foams decrease treble on the Atrios (and generally reduce the SQ while doing it), but I like foams, especially when I fly.  If you really want foams, I'd say it's worth a try as long as you go into it not expecting an improvement in SQ.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #148 of 237
Ok thanks guys.  I must say the Atrio X's have been really growing on me.  I still haven't gone the 100 hours yet, probably at about 35 hours now, but I think the bass has gotten deeper.  I'm not completely sure though.  I've been using the FS small biflange tips primarily because it's so fast to get a good seal and I think I've gotten use to them so pretty comfortable.  I'm more curious than anything else to try different tips with them that keep comfort level high and no degradation in Sound Quality.  I use the Monster Adapters with Sony Hybrids which are comfortable, but I like the seal/fit of the small biflanges better.

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #149 of 237

Quote:
Awesome!  Thanks for that.  I sent them an e-mail earlier today asking if it was Version 1 or Version 2 of the MG5.  Waiting to hear back.

It's been a while since your post, but I just wanted to make clear that the atrio x does not use the same driver as the one found in either the v1 or v2 version of the atrio m5.  The atrio x uses the old MG5 driver (which was used in Future Sonics old FS1 model), whereas revisions 1 and 2 of the atrio m5 used the upgraded MG5pro driver.  I owned the v1, v2, and atrio x all at the same time until recently, and I really felt that the atrio x was a pretty substantial step back from the v1 and v2 atrio m5 in terms of bass impact and overall enjoyment.  I'm not saying that it sounded bad or not worth the going price, but I was hoping for something that sounded more like the old atrio m5, and it didn't deliver.

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #150 of 237
Quote:

It's been a while since your post, but I just wanted to make clear that the atrio x does not use the same driver as the one found in either the v1 or v2 version of the atrio m5.  The atrio x uses the old MG5 driver (which was used in Future Sonics old FS1 model), whereas revisions 1 and 2 of the atrio m5 used the upgraded MG5pro driver.  I owned the v1, v2, and atrio x all at the same time until recently, and I really felt that the atrio x was a pretty substantial step back from the v1 and v2 atrio m5 in terms of bass impact and overall enjoyment.  I'm not saying that it sounded bad or not worth the going price, but I was hoping for something that sounded more like the old atrio m5, and it didn't deliver.

Very interesting, I didn't realize that the Atrio X have different drivers; I just assumed they were the same as the older Atrios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back