Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jul 27, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #1,126 of 4,469
well hopefully you didnt get gypped because those are def. defective if they are cutting out and distorted. Try and get a new pair.

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #1,127 of 4,469

Quote:
well hopefully you didnt get gypped because those are def. defective if they are cutting out and distorted. Try and get a new pair.

they do cut out but the bass isnt distorted it was just the seal, but if the bass is supposed to better than my e2cs then its not, my e2cs sound louder and better

im in a wheelchair not deaf (yet)
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #1,128 of 4,469
well if they cut out I would switch them out for new ones

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #1,130 of 4,469
I like a balance with a little harder bass if that makes sense I do like it loud though most of the time I have the source and amp as high as it goes

David its not only the bass that sounded better the e2c overall just sounded better, hopefully I get the problem fixed then I can try them longer

I got the invoice from the original buyer and emailed treoo

Anyways its bedtime.

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #1,131 of 4,469
so right now as i speak im listening to my dbas through musiland mon 02 -> alo rx and it sounds very bad especially with the volume almost full on my pc and the rx, i have a good seal too, i really hope treoo helps me

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #1,133 of 4,469
well i contacted and told him about the problems and he said they were not defective when he sent them obviously, so ill just try and work with treoo for now, i mean these should handle full volume without sounding bad right?

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #1,134 of 4,469
I'd get a refund actually. It's obviously defective and it should be the seller at fault here not treoo who didn't even sell it to you.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #1,135 of 4,469

Quote:
I like a balance with a little harder bass if that makes sense I do like it loud though most of the time I have the source and amp as high as it goes

I think that might be your problem. You might have actually damaged the drivers yourself by setting the amp volume close to max...

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #1,137 of 4,469

Quote:

I think that might be your problem. You might have actually damaged the drivers yourself by setting the amp volume close to max...

i listen to my e2cs for hours on max and theres nothing wrong with them, also i didnt try max right off the bat, they sounded like that before i even tried louder, and the louder i went the worst it sounded , maybe i expected a little too much out of these who knows
smile.gif

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #1,138 of 4,469
Quote:
unlike other iems It doesnt seem like people are using other tips beside from the triple flanges and the stocks. Are shure olives and other foams not work to well with them?

I've tried a number of tips with my DBA-02's:

- OEM single flange - mediums give me a good seal and the fabulous DBA sound sig, but the first pair have gotten loose on the nozzles
- Ety triflange - didn't get a good seal
- Ety triflange modded to biflange - still didn't get a good seal
- Shure "large" biflange - good seal, but tendency toward slightly harsh, aggressive treble. Less comfortable for me than single flange.
    The only apparent difference from the modded Ety triflanges (other than color) is the length of the tube behind the flanges. I trimmed this by about 1/8", but it is still that much longer than the Ety's. When trimmed and fully installed on the nozzle, the largest flange just barely touches the DBA housing.
- Shure "olives" - good seal and SQ (as good as OEM for me), but the tip removal process is scary. Probably the best isolation.
- Shure grey "soft flex" single flanges - SQ similar to OEM, much more snug fit on the nozzle (but not scary-tight like the olives). What I'm using now.

Thanks to a very generous head-fi-er, I've got another pair of OEMs coming,and will do a more detailed comparison with the Shure greys, which have a much smaller aperture that OEM. I'd offer to include the olives in that comparison, but worry that I'll break something every time I remove one of those.

I've heard that Comply T100 or Tx100 fit, but I've spent enough on Comply tips for other IEMs to know about their limited life and negative affect on the highs.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #1,139 of 4,469
@Yianni   

I'm surprised that your E2C's are still holding up! I know that dynamic drivers are used in them and I'm wondering if dynamic drivers can handle more power than ba drivers? I know that impedance and sensitivity comes into consideration as well. Somebody?

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #1,140 of 4,469
@dfrost: you are supposed to trim the stalk on the Shure triple flanges. The ones I have trimmed look just like the Etymotic ones except for color.

@Rip N' Burn: Dynamics typically like more power but near max I'm not sure how long that would hold up. I would be more worried about my hearing than the e2c if I listened at that volume. I usually don't have my dac/amp very high and no where near max.

I await trying the sensorcon double flange tips I have and hope they sound even better than the Shure tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back