Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
May 13, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #31 of 3,047
great review OP. 

just wondering if you could offer some comparisons with headphones from established companies such as the HD600, DT880 amongst others (even if they are open). Just dont really know where they stand amidst other headphones.

thanks

May 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #33 of 3,047
Quote:
TheWuss said:

yeah...
the problem with head-fiers, and i'm including myself here, is that you won't buy the fischer headphones because when you put them in your siganture, no one will know what they are, much less how good they sound... 
wink.gif

Actually, I think that there is a problem with off-brand (not bad quality, just not well known) is that it is hard to gauge it in comparison to other headphones. Such as, here, how would you compare one of Phiaton's offerings to one of Fischer's? Your only option is unknown>known>unknown type comparisons, which can be erroneous and/or incomplete.

May 13, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #34 of 3,047

Quote:
great review OP. 

just wondering if you could offer some comparisons with headphones from established companies such as the HD600, DT880 amongst others (even if they are open). Just dont really know where they stand amidst other headphones.

thanks

Thanks! I think they are at least on par with the HD-600. The FA-003 are closed headphones but they don't sound like it.

Quote:
LFF, how is the isolation from the environment? I know you said others can't hear your music, but can you hear outside noise? 

Unfortunately it won't isolate you from all outside noise like a good IEM but that's a given. In my bedroom we have one of those noisy air conditioners that are wall mounted (no central air). When playing music at a moderate level I can barely hear it. However, if my wife puts them on, she can't hear the air conditioner nor me talking at a reasonably loud level 3 feet away. I guess it will depend on your hearing.
regular_smile .gif

May 13, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #35 of 3,047
By open sounding, I take it you mean there aren't too many earcup resonances? And is the sound nice and airy just the way I like it? :wink:

Still looking forward to more impressions, but these are certainly in my watchlist now.

May 13, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #36 of 3,047
Ah, got it, thanks...I'm about to pull the trigger on DBA-02s (I hope), but I just wanted to see if these offered good isolation, but I should have known not to expect IEM sound reduction...thanks for the info!

May 13, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #37 of 3,047
LFF, loved your review, looked forward to it for some time now.
I had no doubts these sound great, as i have read some russian reviews about them, but what intrigues me right now is: How do the FA-003 handle gaming? Have you tried gaming with it? Can you tell me what you think about them for that purpose? I'd like to know that since gaming takes about the same of my time as listening to music, and i think i just found my next pair of headphones.

May 13, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #38 of 3,047

Quote:
LFF, loved your review, looked forward to it for some time now.
I had no doubts these sound great, as i have read some russian reviews about them, but what intrigues me right now is: How do the FA-003 handle gaming? Have you tried gaming with it? Can you tell me what you think about them for that purpose? I'd like to know that since gaming takes about the same of my time as listening to music, and i think i just found my next pair of headphones.

I actually just finished a few rounds! The FA-003 are great! The positioning of sounds is very accurate. The only bad thing: My ears sweat when under pressure. Aside from that I can tell you that these will be permanently on or near my desk from now on.

May 13, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #40 of 3,047
Oh god I want these so bad now

May 13, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #41 of 3,047
Thanks for the review, dude! I thought you might like 'em... :о) A friend of mine has just bought them (not without my involvement), and so I'll hopefully get a chance to audition these soon... Also am trying to buy the DBA-02's, so far without much success (since they're out of stock everywhere).

May 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #42 of 3,047
Portable use with these is a no go right? Too bulky I guess and probably don't clamp hard enough.

May 14, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #44 of 3,047

Quote:
Hey, LFF:  you mentioned you also have the FA-002s.  Do you find that the 003s are warmer/bassier than the 002s?  I've found the FA-002s to be a little fatiguing.

I haven't entirely settled on my opinion about the FA-002's. They do sound different but similar at the same time. The FA-002's do sound less natural than the FA-003's. I also find that the upper mids are lacking in quality somewhat in the FA-002 because they sound more pronounced and this in turn makes them a bit more fatiguing. I'll be doing a comprehensive write-up between the two but IMHO, the FA-003 sounds much better. The FA-003's are very natural and present a very neutral sound. I wouldn't say that about the FA-002's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back