Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
May 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #17 of 3,047
sennheiser hd6xx clone for half the price with better materials and no need for monster amp - a bomb. reading russian site i came to a conclusion that fischer is gona repeat jh history: some engineers escape from famous company and give  birth to  ''right'' products instead of profitable.

May 12, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #20 of 3,047

Quote:
A flawless headphone??? I must give in that I tend to have a kind of "sceptical reflex" whenever I read such raving reviews.

Quote:
Look out !  The Fischer hype train is out of control!

I never said they were flawless. They are not perfect and they are not the end all and be all of headphones. What I will say is that they are now among my favorites. I do consider them to be among the best headphones out there.

You know, I am well aware of my liking for their products and was expecting comments like these. However, please be aware that it doesn't benefit me in anyway to "hype" products up. I like them - you may not  and that is fine. If were to take a product that I don't like...say...the turbines that demo'd at CanJam2009 and hype them for whatever reason it would only lead to one thing - you guys not trusting in what I write or say. I actually take my reputation here very serious. Fischer Audio never asked for a review and I never offered to give one. I merely expressed some interest in trying ONE of their products. I chose to write a review because I was immensely impressed with not only the sound quality but the build quality and price. Thus, I thought I would share the news with you.

Take my DBA-02 thread. If I had "hyped" them beyond their worth, certainly by now someone or perhaps more than one person could have come out and called bull$h*t after hearing them. I felt I reviewed them as accurately and as honestly as possible and I chose to review to share the news of an amazing product with you guys and gals. I have received many pm's and emails thanking me for the reviews and further confirmations of my initial impressions both for the DBA-02's and FA-004's. I know some people already posted their confirmation of my initial impressions in the threads themselves. I was one of the first to listen to the JH13 and talk to people about how awesome they were when I demo'd them. Certainly people were skeptical at the time but look at the JH13 threads now.

Take from my reviews what you will but I am not forcing these products into peoples faces and I am not intentionally hyping or lying about my thoughts and impressions on these or any other products. If anything, I want to share the fact that there are other quality products out there aside from the big names. In the end if one person gets any joy from these headphones from reading this review, then to me, the review was worth it.

May 12, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #21 of 3,047

Quote:
Look out !  The Fischer hype train is out of control!

So it appears. And that is one ugly set of sweat-inducing cans. Besides, how could I possibly purchase a set of 'phones from a manufacturer called "Fischer". I mean, I would spend all my time thinking of Pam from 'The Office'. 

May 12, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #22 of 3,047
Now this has gotten me very curious! I'm a great fan of neutral cans. I'll eagerly await more impressions on these ones.

May 12, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #23 of 3,047

Quote:
So it appears. And that is one ugly set of sweat-inducing cans. Besides, how could I possibly purchase a set of 'phones from a manufacturer called "Fischer". I mean, I would spend all my time thinking of Pam from 'The Office'. 

You would have to eliminate a lot of headphones and gear on that basis...Grado, Sennheiser, Beyer, Lavry, Shure, Koss, many others too I'm sure... :D

May 12, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #24 of 3,047
They may very well be great headphones, I just don't know much about Fischer audio I guess, and it seems like only about a dozen people on the forum have heard their phones.  $200 is starting to get up to the price where you can get some nice used cans from established companies.

What is the story on Fischer?  Are they a new company?  Just by looking over their website quickly, It looks like none of their models are similar to each other, there is no brand identity or design.  Just a bunch of random knock-off looking models.  I saw some blatant AD-700 look alikes on there for example.  I'm still intrigued by a couple of their IEM models though.

May 13, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #26 of 3,047

Quote:
They may very well be great headphones, I just don't know much about Fischer audio I guess, and it seems like only about a dozen people on the forum have heard their phones.  $200 is starting to get up to the price where you can get some nice used cans from established companies.

What is the story on Fischer?  Are they a new company?  Just by looking over their website quickly, It looks like none of their models are similar to each other, there is no brand identity or design.  Just a bunch of random knock-off looking models.  I saw some blatant AD-700 look alikes on there for example.  I'm still intrigued by a couple of their IEM models though.

That's the problem... It's hard for people to try new things, especially if they sell at a low price, the thought of "there must be a catch" is too great.
And just because the Titans share a similar headband with the ad700, doesn't mean it's a total copy, saying that will be like saying that every clip-on headphones are a design taken from the KSC75.
Why am i getting so excited about Fischer Audio? Because i haven't had much experience with headphones, and i don't need a company to be well established here at Head-fi for me to take intrest in it's products, if the reviews state that they are great.

May 13, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #27 of 3,047
yeah...
the problem with head-fiers, and i'm including myself here, is that you won't buy the fischer headphones because when you put them in your siganture, no one will know what they are, much less how good they sound... 
wink.gif

May 13, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #29 of 3,047
Would you be able to comment how they sound compared to Denons? I have occasionally been wondering about getting a HD600 in addition to my D2000 but with these going for two thirds of the price...

May 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #30 of 3,047
Well, I happen to trust LFF. The fact that it's $200 peaks my interest. I've been turned off by all these $1-2K headphones that don't hold a candle to comparably priced speakers and take a back seat to the vintage headphones designed years ago have turned me off a bit on the whole direction of headphones. But quality at a reasonable price AND closed headphones...definitely something that interests me.

Thanks for the review LFF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back