[review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1
Oct 30, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #198 of 452
I found that stash tin on ebay, however it would ship from Korea...

Your little amp looks amazing, I wish I could do that kind of DIY. I'm thinking about getting a cMoy for my HD 238s but I don't know how much they will benefit from the amp.

Quote:
The details of my amp is in my profile page and it was put together by Armaegis. If you would like to see the internals of it Armaegis has pictures of it while it was being built in a DIY folder found HERE. The tin itself I found it at a small shop in my city and I'm sure you could find it online if you Googled it. eBay might be a good place to start I know they have tons of stash tins for sale on there of various different types.

If anyone is interested, the HDJ-2000s are on Amazon for $224, with an extra 10% off, it's a great deal.

Oct 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #200 of 452

Quote:
I found that stash tin on ebay, however it would ship from Korea...

Your little amp looks amazing, I wish I could do that kind of DIY. I'm thinking about getting a cMoy for my HD 238s but I don't know how much they will benefit from the amp.

If anyone is interested, the HDJ-2000s are on Amazon for $224, with an extra 10% off, it's a great deal.

Thanks for the compliment friend but I didn't make that amp Armaegis did.

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #201 of 452
Many thanks Armaegis for your very in depth review.
Thanks for taking the time to cover a lot of pro and cons of each headphone .
It has created a good "buyers guide" for people.
Well done.

Nov 1, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #202 of 452
hello, im new to this kind of things, and i'm planning on buying headphones, planning to use it at home and for travel, looking for clarity and like a bit of good bass, not that much, don't like to get headaches like when listening to those crappy beats "no offense". hope you guys can give me suggestions on what to buy. A friend of mine suggestion on buying the sennheiser Hd25-1 ii. what do you guys think about it? willing to learn new stuff :D thanks!

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #203 of 452

hello, im new to this kind of things, and i'm planning on buying headphones, planning to use it at home and for travel, looking for clarity and like a bit of good bass, not that much, don't like to get headaches like when listening to those crappy beats "no offense". hope you guys can give me suggestions on what to buy. A friend of mine suggestion on buying the sennheiser Hd25-1 ii. what do you guys think about it? willing to learn new stuff :D thanks!

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #204 of 452

Quote:

There's no question that the HD25-1 II is a great all around choice for portables.  You get excellent sound quality, but still a bit fun, with exceptional build quality, relatively decent comfort (once you get them adjusted right), and the choice of velours and pleather pads to tweak the sound how you like it. 

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #205 of 452
Absolutely. The HD25 has a good sound that should appeal to most people unless you're looking specifically for mid-driven orchestral soundstage stuff. My only gripe is the comfort, as supraaurals with glasses are typically uncomfortable for me, and the HD25 is no exception to this.

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #207 of 452

Quote:
Well when I say headshaker, that doesn't necessarily mean "good" bass... just a lot of it. The HD25-13 and modded HDJ-2000 reach low and give a fairly clean sound. So does the D2000. The XB700 is a bit overwhelming (and XB500 even moreso as it has less control). The Ultrasones hit more on the outer edges of the ear so it's a more visceral feeling rather than simply volume. The DT770pro has an excellent bass response though doesn't quite reach into the 30-40Hz range as cleanly as the others. The DT990 is just louder but not as clean to my ears.

For you, just be patient and wait for the Pro900 to go on sale; just a couple weeks ago it was down to $320.

idk why but the DT770's remind me of the M50's but they still sounded quite different. I haven't heard them amped properly, but the M50's were a bit better, and so are the HD25's, but amped it will probably improve. I liked the bass I thought it reached pretty low, but not an emphasis on the sub bass.
Of course if I remember correctly XD 

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #208 of 452
I felt the bass response in the DT770pro80 was much better than the M50.

In general, I like the bass response from circumaural cans more than supraaural. I think it's mostly because the pressure reaches my entire ear and gives me that visceral feeling which I like, even if the supraaural cans have better technical chops. Granted sometimes I feel the circumaural bass can be too much, whereas I almost never get that with supraaurals... with the notable exception of the Beats Solo which was a travesty to my ears and psyche alike.

Supraaurals I find generally provide a better punch than the circumaurals; more pressure directly into the ear rather than around the ear. The psychosomatic effect of pressure from the pads sitting on my ears also affects how I perceive sound. It all comes down the personal taste I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back