[Review] Bowers & Wilkins P7, a highly musical closed portable option
Sep 16, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #47 of 51
  Just bought a pair of these headphones.  If you buy these retail they're pretty damn expensive.  They look very elegant.  Hope they sound good.  Seems like most are pretty happy with the sound.

Any thoughts?

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #48 of 51
  Any thoughts?

Sounds pretty damn good to me.  Earpads are a bit rigid but more comfy than the Bowers P5's headband is also really rigid so after a few hours I'm ready to take them off.  I can't really comment on highs or mids and bass because I don't really know the terminology all that well.  They do have good bass without sounding bad or overpowering the mids or highs.  They are probably some of my best sounding headphones though.  The plug in for the cable is weird that it's built in earcup wish it just had  a standard 3.5mm jack on the outside.  I know it's more stylish this way but proprietary **** sucks.

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #49 of 51
You can change the cables by pulling the magnetic ear pads off, but options aside from stock are limited.

If you find them tight, you can rest them over the box they came in for a few days and this loosens them up nicely!

Glad you like :)

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #50 of 51
  Sounds pretty damn good to me.  Earpads are a bit rigid but more comfy than the Bowers P5's headband is also really rigid so after a few hours I'm ready to take them off.  I can't really comment on highs or mids and bass because I don't really know the terminology all that well.  They do have good bass without sounding bad or overpowering the mids or highs.  They are probably some of my best sounding headphones though.  The plug in for the cable is weird that it's built in earcup wish it just had  a standard 3.5mm jack on the outside.  I know it's more stylish this way but proprietary **** sucks.

Yeah the jack would be better suited with something more traditional, but it would throw off the beautiful aesthetics. At least the cable hasn't crapped out on me yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back