[REVIEW] Blox TM7 - King of 'Buds
Aug 7, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #16 of 42
Good review. I like it that companies such as Blox exist. They might only be doing a few hundred products but people seem to enjoy them. I don't even like buds myself because of fit problems but I'm glad someone is still making them. 

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #17 of 42
Hisound chose an existing housing of nice quality for the Live/Living. I don't expect designing their own housing but the third time out and for $150 shipped I'd expect something along the lines of what Hisound did for their $99 and $149 earbuds.

Yeah, but the transducer HiSound used barely fit the housing of Living actually. I would think it might not fit a smaller housing like those used for PAA-1 Pro. Also, that housing add some weight and isn't ergonomically better thought. A few years back some company also used the ATH-CM700 housing which also great on the look but fail on the fit. I think we need a design that can better compromise the two aspects.

Good review. I like it that companies such as Blox exist. They might only be doing a few hundred products but people seem to enjoy them. I don't even like buds myself because of fit problems but I'm glad someone is still making them. 

Thought they never told me how many they have planned to produce, I can tell from their response that it isn't going to be much more than M2c. They are talking about their hope to release an extra model, but it is out of their capability for now. Most likely next year, I guess.

Aug 8, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #19 of 42
No, TM7 is their flagship for now. That future model can be either a higher or lower end compared to TM7. They didn't say and I didn't ask, since it is still a bit too far to discuss it right now.

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #21 of 42
Good review ClieOS. For me it's difficult to imagine a good sounding earbud, as I've only tried very cheap Sony and Philips models xD

By the way, have you tried the Sennheiser MX980? I have read very good comments about these. I wonder how they compare to the TM7 (I know the Senns are ~$50 more expensive, but I'm just curious).

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #22 of 42
Could you compare the new Tm7 to the Tm5? I haven't listen to Tm5 yet, but it's more expensive than Tm7 and very rare.

Never own or hear TM5 before. As you have said, it is quite rare since only 250 pairs was said to have produced.

By the way, have you tried the Sennheiser MX980? I have read very good comments about these. I wonder how they compare to the TM7 (I know the Senns are ~$50 more expensive, but I'm just curious).

I have heard MX980, almost buy one too if not for the fact that Sennheiser Asia didn't stock them. Since I don't own one, and comparing via memory is highly inaccurate, I don't think I can give you a very clear answer. All I can say is my memory of MX980 seems to point to a more neutral sound than TM7, but I can certainly say that as far as first impression goes, TM7 surprises me much more than MX980..

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #23 of 42
Thanks for your impressions ClieOS! :)

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #25 of 42
Subscribed!  

PK3 gifts have made SO many people happy and also co-workers...

There is always a place for great earbuds.

(And I don't have a pair right now.)

Thanks ClieOS!    Hey Kostalex!

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #28 of 42
Quote:

Was just saying "hi", @kostalex!

Got a pair of the TM7.  

At first, I was worried...but the muddy bass and slow sound got better and I have had a couple of nice sessions with them + a couple of times that I needed more isolation.

Have not yet compared directly to PK3 but asked the GF and a co-worker to compare.  They both said they "were better" but they still love their PK3.

So, I'll report back after I get a chance to compare for myself.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #29 of 42
Just picked up a pair myself. How long does it take to break these phones in? ClieOS's review says 100 hours, Blox says 80. Anyone hear any improvements with longer burning? Quite a change just with 20 hours

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #30 of 42
Just picked up a pair myself. How long does it take to break these phones in? ClieOS's review says 100 hours, Blox says 80. Anyone hear any improvements with longer burning? Quite a change just with 20 hours

If you read back the section, I actually think it sounds just fine without burn-in. Blox says I should give it 80 hours so I made it to 100 hours just to be extra sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back