[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jun 9, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #4,966 of 7,021
image-auris.png

Hmmmmm

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #4,971 of 7,021
New kickstarter campaign.  Intriguing indeed.  Wireless IEMs.
http://aurisonics.com/auris/

Tried to sign up for notifications, got an error saying my address has been used too many times, although I only clicked "submit" once.

Color me interested for sure. I do hope they get the Rockets situation handled and those units shipped before taking on another Kickstarter campaign though.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #4,972 of 7,021
Does the ASG-2 / 2.5 play well with bass centric EDM music? what would you say the main focus of this IEM is?
Im considering getting one of these... 

InEar StageDiver 3s (SD-3s)    ($600)        3 BA
EarSonics SM64                    ($450)        3 BA
Dunu DN-2000                    ($315)        2 BA 1 Dynamic
(Sennheiser) iE80                ($270)        1 Dynamic
(Aurisonics) ASG-2 / 2.5        ($550)    

Is there anything else i should consider? >.< so many choices...

If you're in EU you should try the FA-4E. While I like the ASG-2 a lot with acoustic, relaxed, vocals etc I think the artificial drum section on the FA-4E is way better at conveying the proper "Oomph" in lack of a better term. No but honestly. After more listening and less A/B than before, I like the ASG-2 more than before. Just stock cable, stock biflanges, closed valves. Something about my ears or my G-2's changed. I find them less sibilant than before. Less focused around the 7-9 kHz sibilance and opening up a bit more towards the upper frequencies. Can't wait for my hydra-4 to return.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #4,973 of 7,021
I was able to sign up but it was just for their newsletter.  I suppose we'll get alerted about the Auris when it does hit kickstarter.  Haven't followed the Rockets but I was too late to the party anyway so I missed the sign up.  As an owner of the ASG2 I don't feel a need for another IEM but I would be interested about the reviews for the wireless IEM when it hits the stores.  If it were on the sonic level as the ASG-2 then I'd really consider one.

Quote:
Tried to sign up for notifications, got an error saying my address has been used too many times, although I only clicked "submit" once.

Color me interested for sure. I do hope they get the Rockets situation handled and those units shipped before taking on another Kickstarter campaign though.

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #4,975 of 7,021
Oh wow I haven't really read through this thread but I think it's safe to say since Dale told me not to say anything till word got out =)
rmb when Dale came to Singapore to personally fix the crack I found in my first pair of ASG-2s(honestly how many companies can say that their Ceo fixed a problem personally for a customer)I suspect the courier may have opened the case and tried to close it back cracking the IEM since Aurisonics has a 3 process inspection on them) they didn't have the red colouring in the word AS on the faceplate back then.
When I met him he agreed to give me the touring set that they use to lure unsuspecting victims into the poison that is the ASG-2...
The ASG he gave to me, he told me was a sort of upgrade on the current ASG-2 at the time.
He had improved quite a boat load of things though he told me not to say in detail so I won't. =X
But I'm assume mine is a ASG-2.5 but not really there yet 0.0 Hahaha a
(but seriously I have bought alot of things in my life. And I have never been this glad that I spent $750 sgd on the ASG-2, mind you I have bought a $1400 Bitcoin grid seed array that have made back the money and then some but I never felt so good about a purchase this long after buying guide it. Nothing not my AK100 or my previous pair of Modded TF10s)

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #4,976 of 7,021
But in anycase I wanted to submit a mini review of the ASG-2 vs the RSA MA750i (I got the MA750i for my dad as a birthday gift)
I never intended to use the 750 but I'm in Thailand now on holiday and my poor ASG-2 was stuck inside the hotel safe for the past 3 day =(
So my dad loaned me the 750 to use.
I did not listen to them till my dad loaned them to me.
But oh wow.
They sound SOOOOO much like the K3003....
Akin to how the ASG-2 sounds like the TG334.
I thought it would be relevant to post the comparison since the 750i itself is competing with the K3003.
It was not my kind of sound though.

Compared to the ASG-2 it sound Hollow.
The instruments had almost the same accuracy as the ASG-2 but lacked... Life.
It made the music sound dead compared to the ASG-2.
It was like when you turn on the great Hall effect on Windows realtech music controller...
So I got to use it for a solid 2 days waiting for my ears to get used to them.
It was the sudden change in total sound sig that I didn't like.
I just got my G-2s out of the safe so I'm doing a Ab now.
From the 750i to the G-2s to give it a fair chance since my ears have tunes themselves to the 750i's sound sig

Soundstage.
Imagine the 750i as a poorly constructed opera hall... It has the acoustics but it sound hollow. There is not enough music to fill the room kind of feeling.
And the ASG-2 is like being locked in 10m by 10m soundproof recording room with the artist the drummer is in a certain position so is the guitarist and singer etc. . Soundstage is not as wide. But it's accurate, has good placement and most important good body and detail to the instruments.
Though you realise the bass is a bit much (bass port is closed and blocked).

Treble.
OK this is where I see the 750i doing well it has good treble I like it the crispness of the sticker cymbals are giving shiver. The ASG-2 can take a cue from this. But but but voices that have excessive SSSSSSSSS annoy me alot. Like the are hissing in my ear. Where as the ASG-2 tames it's alot to my liking but listening very very very closely I hear clipping. Not sure whether it's the recoding or the dynamic driver. But it kind of annoys me so I tune the volume down a bit and it's perfect. (Using the Fiio X5 at volume 66 settings max out max. Volume on high gain no EQ)

Mids.
OK I'm not good at describing this and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna confuse some people so I will leave it out.

Bass.
OK it's clear here that the G-2s are Way way out of the 750i's league here.
The bass texture and presence is so known and involved and satisfying without being like most phones which try to imitate this kind of bass level (Beats I'm looking at you)
Does not distort or effect the other Frequencies and let's every out.
That's the character of good bass right there.
The bass on the 750i is there its there but sounds... Floppy when the volume gets to high. Like you have to use a bass boost to get it to reveal itself.
It's there. It's enough it's quite detailed but it needs more presence if it's going to be enjoyed with most music (except classical and Opera)
This is the reason why I say it sound hollow and lifeless at times.. It's like hearing a speakers tweeter most of the time...
Now.
I'm not bashing the 750i for the price and the IEM I'm comparing it too is already a compliment to it.
IMHO I would choose it over the UE900/TF10/530/SM3/and quite a few other IEMs here.
Though the ASG-2 has it beat here.
Though people who listen to mostly classical music will prefer the ASG-2 though not even classical with painos.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #4,977 of 7,021
The ASG he gave to me, he told me was a sort of upgrade on the current ASG-2 at the time.
He had improved quite a boat load of things though he told me not to say in detail so I won't. =X

I think he had the same mods done to my custom brush nickel faceplate asg2 also when he personally took mine back from Hong Kong to fix.  
beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #4,979 of 7,021
Haha
@Nukeshock Is your comparative review based on original ASG2 or the replaced tweaked (2.5) ?

I'm not sure.
Me and KKCC both got a different IEM from the 2.0
We both bought the 2.0 and had problems.
Then dale replaced it and told us that these had improvements that should affect the quality but told us not to say anything as at the time he did not want to make it final yet.
So I guess you could say...
Me and KKCC have a legacy version of the ASG2.5?
LOL

Hey guys.
I my Jack on my swan cable just died...
So being my usual tinkering and experimenting self... I saw it as an opportunity to test out a theory.
So I to my silver Cryo interconnect.
Removed one of the jacks by desoldering it.
Then I cut the cable of the Swan cable and realised it is those 8 core Cable...
You can imagine it took me 4 hours to find out which cables are the left and right and the ground...
I observed something here... The sound sig... It changed...
Which is interesting... See if any body here has done any electrical engineering you will know the impedance/ohm of the cable will be based on the highest rating part of it.
So I'm assuming from the Swan cable since its a copper hybrid and the Cryo cable is pure silver.
And silver conducts better then copper.
But the sound sig was so much nicer now. As I'm sure you guys know when first listening to the ASG-2 that it is a bassy IEM and if you don't give it a chance it won't show you what it's got.
And this just tames the bass sooo much more to my liking.
That I can actually consider playing around with the bass port. This might be cuz I'm coming from bright sounding phones before.
E4RS / SRH-1840
And this makes the bass what the 1840's bass should have been.
It's like the DT880 Bass now but with so much more accuracy.

Test albums.
American Authors Oh what a life
Blake Sheldon Based on a true story.
Macklemore The Heist
Lorde Pure Heroin
Daft punk Random access Memories
Mudford & Sons Babel / Sigh no more
Of monster and Men My head is an Animal
The Lumineers - The Lumineers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back