[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jun 8, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #451 of 7,021
Okay I briefly searched this thread but couldn't really find an answer.
What is the difference between the standard ASG-2 and the Stealth one?
Is it just of cosmetic nature?

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #452 of 7,021
Quote:
Okay I briefly searched this thread but couldn't really find an answer.
What is the difference between the standard ASG-2 and the Stealth one?
Is it just of cosmetic nature?

The differences are solely cosmetic. The standard finish for the ASG-2 I believe is a clear frosted finish for the shield and the sleeve (someone correct me if I'm mistaken here), and the Stealth version has a black sleeve and shield instead. Judging from the pics in this thread, most people seem to opt for options other than the clear frosted finish. There are other finishes available too, at a price (like the Rhodium finish for the shield, which is $300 more). 

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #453 of 7,021
Quote:

The differences are solely cosmetic. The standard finish for the ASG-2 I believe is a clear frosted finish for the shield and the sleeve (someone correct me if I'm mistaken here), and the Stealth version has a black sleeve and shield instead. Judging from the pics in this thread, most people seem to opt for options other than the clear frosted finish. There are other finishes available too, at a price (like the Rhodium finish for the shield, which is $300 more). 

Thanks!
Good thing I prefer clear shells anyway :)

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #454 of 7,021

I thought the stealth ASG-2 still had the frosted body and it was just the faceplate that was different....I might be wrong....if the whole unit is stealth finish that's probably going to finalise my decision on upgrading from the 1.2 to 2 :)

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #456 of 7,021
Quote:
I'm going to go with standard frost w/ bass valve.

Is there even an option to buy it without the bass valve
confused.gif

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #457 of 7,021
Hi all,
thanks for the excellent review and feedbacks
that really helps the noob I am in my IEMS choice.
Long story short I just got some ASG 1.2 in the classifieds and although I really enjoy the sound they are litteraly killing my ears.
I love the fact that I could listen to music non stop for hours without fatigue but that's never gonna happen because those litlle ergos where the red and blue dots sit are piercing my ears.
So simple question and I hope simple answer:
How do one qualify to get into the ASG 2 exchange programm?
thanks!

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #458 of 7,021

I thought the stealth ASG-2 still had the frosted body and it was just the faceplate that was different....I might be wrong....if the whole unit is stealth finish that's probably going to finalise my decision on upgrading from the 1.2 to 2 :)

The Stealth is completely black, with the red logo. Look at the pictures I took in the first post.

As for the bass port, it's optional.

Quote:
Hi all,
thanks for the excellent review and feedbacks
that really helps the noob I am in my IEMS choice.
Long story short I just got some ASG 1.2 in the classifieds and although I really enjoy the sound they are litteraly killing my ears.
I love the fact that I could listen to music non stop for hours without fatigue but that's never gonna happen because those litlle ergos where the red and blue dots sit are piercing my ears.
So simple question and I hope simple answer:
How do one qualify to get into the ASG 2 exchange programm?
thanks!

Sorry about that.

You can send an email to in-ear@aurisonics.com to get more info.

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #459 of 7,021
Quote:

The Stealth is completely black, with the red logo. Look at the pictures I took in the first post.

As for the bass port, it's optional.

Interesting. So the is the version without bass port supposed to sound like the bass port version but with completely closed port? Most likely :|
Not having a bass port wouldn't be a big deal for me, because I'm not that much of a basshead anyway.

Does the bass port-less version cost less?
It seems like you can only pre-order the version with the port on Musica Acoustics.
http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/aurisonics-asg-2/

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #460 of 7,021
So, I just reread the upgrade program post on Facebook and it seems like Aurisonics have upped the retail price by $50, eg. they list the frosted as being $550.

So I've decided to send my ASG-1 in for the upgrade. Hope I like it, (especially out of my iPhone).

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #461 of 7,021
Quote:

Sorry about that.

You can send an email to in-ear@aurisonics.com to get more info.

Just did it, I hope they can help out. It's frustrating cause I like the sound signature (which I was dreading tbh) but my right ear simply can't bear it.
Anyway, fingers crossed! 

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #462 of 7,021
Quote:

Just did it, I hope they can help out. It's frustrating cause I like the sound signature (which I was dreading tbh) but my right ear simply can't bear it.
Anyway, fingers crossed! 

Hm. maybe they can do something for you where you just upgrade to the 1.3. The 1.3's shell gets rid of that bump as well.

Quote:
So, I just reread the upgrade program post on Facebook and it seems like Aurisonics have upped the retail price by $50, eg. they list the frosted as being $550.

So I've decided to send my ASG-1 in for the upgrade. Hope I like it, (especially out of my iPhone).

Welcome.

images

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #463 of 7,021
Quote:

So have I.... Granted, I got my ASG-1 for $120 through auction... so I'll be getting my stealth for 520, rather than 650. But honestly, still worth it to me. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #464 of 7,021
Quote:
Interesting. So the is the version without bass port supposed to sound like the bass port version but with completely closed port? Most likely :|
Not having a bass port wouldn't be a big deal for me, because I'm not that much of a basshead anyway.

Does the bass port-less version cost less?
It seems like you can only pre-order the version with the port on Musica Acoustics.
http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/aurisonics-asg-2/

We decided not to release the version without the adjustable bass port. The only two versions that are currently available are the ASG-2 with classic frosted finish and the Stealth. Both with the adjustable bass port.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back