[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Sep 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #3,497 of 7,021
Just curious, are your Taeyeonie from HWZ? Same picture and from sg.
biggrin.gif

Yes I am lol. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #3,499 of 7,021
If you want to be constructive, may I politely suggest that you elaborate a bit on this opinion? Disappointing in what way? Compared to what?

Either that the set that I've tried has faulty drivers, or the treble region wasn't there at all. The bass far too much for me.

The 334 has clear bright highs, where as the demo ASG-2 set I've tried has treble so deep, I can't find myself in the dark.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #3,500 of 7,021
Dude, they sound like a TG!334. Maybe you auditioned a lemon set?
tongue.gif

The ASG-2 I tried belongs to a nearby audio retail store, which carries a demo set. If the set is really faulty, It would definitely left a lot of bad impressions on the ASG-2.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #3,501 of 7,021
You can't find them in Singapore, so either have to purchase then online from MusicaAcoustic or Ortofon Europe. Bare in mind though that the Ortofon tips are smaller than normal tips. So if you use M size stock tips, most likely you'll be using L size Ortofon
Thx for the advice, looks like I needed L size and ordering online is quite inconvinent for me, it will be better if I could get it locally.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #3,502 of 7,021
Thx for the advice, looks like I needed L size and ordering online is quite inconvinent for me, it will be better if I could get it locally.

I'm using M size ortofon tips though. If you looking for M sized tips, I have a few spares :)

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #3,503 of 7,021
After doing some cable change I can say that the stock cable supplied with ASG-2 is hurting asg-2 greatly! I have a cheap silver plated copper with 6 cores and compared to the stock the bass becomes a light tighter and there is a noticeable improvement on how the dynamic driver is performing. Dynamic drivers always require a good amount of power for them to sound best. 

I am reading about various cables I think asg-2 deserve a better cable than what it is provided with them. 

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #3,506 of 7,021
Lol, actually i also need the ortofon tips medium and Im also from Singapore, cant seem to find them in Singapore.

hahah same dibs on the large ortofons !

Sep 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #3,507 of 7,021
Sep 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #3,508 of 7,021
The ASG-2 I tried belongs to a nearby audio retail store, which carries a demo set. If the set is really faulty, It would definitely left a lot of bad impressions on the ASG-2.

My thought also bro. When I tried a demo set which belongs to the local distributor back in May, the treble was almost non-existence and the bass was just to overpowering.
So when I tried another demo set at the local audio store set that you also tried recently and my finding remains the same, it struck me that maybe they are just tuned that way.

Sep 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #3,509 of 7,021
My thought also bro. When I tried a demo set which belongs to the local distributor back in May, the treble was almost non-existence and the bass was just to overpowering.
So when I tried another demo set at the local audio store set that you also tried recently and my finding remains the same, it struck me that maybe they are just tuned that way.

Do you have a pair of ASG-2? I would love to hear the real signature If the one I've tried is really faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back