[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
May 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #136 of 7,021
You guys have never had an IEM with an ass emphasis? They take some fat from a dynamic driver and inject it into choice parts of a balanced armature, like the ASG-2. :D

May 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #137 of 7,021
rolleyes.gif

And you guys wonder why many women don't hang around here.

May 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #138 of 7,021
Quote:
My ASG-2 has been sold people. It didn't take long!

Wow, that really was quick considering the sales pitch was akin to “this car is unreliable, rides and accelerates poorly, and I hate it. “I wish someone would give me full Blue-Book value and take it off my hands”.-- That wouldn't have deterred me from getting an ASG-2, but considering Tyll's AS-2  unit, I would've thought something was wrong with yours too.

May 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #139 of 7,021
Quote:

Wow, that really was quick considering the sales pitch was akin to “this car is unreliable, rides and accelerates poorly, and I hate it. “I wish someone would give me full Blue-Book value and take it off my hands”.-- That wouldn't have deterred me from getting an ASG-2, but considering Tyll's AS-2  unit, I would've thought something was wrong with yours too.

It's an age old head-fi problem. Coming from a mid-centric phone, a flat signature will sound V-shaped.

The Etymoic family is quite different from most phones. I've heard two of their most iconic models and, if you're used to that kind of signature, very few other phones will suffice.

May 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #140 of 7,021
Quote:

Well in this case, his issues stem from the ASG-2s not having his preferred sound. He actually complained of too much highs rather than not enough and no detail like Tyll. So his tweeters are working. Tyll's probably weren't working.

May 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #141 of 7,021
Quote:

It's an age old head-fi problem. Coming from a mid-centric phone, a flat signature will sound V-shaped.

The Etymoic family is quite different from most phones. I've heard two of their most iconic models and, if you're used to that kind of signature, very few other phones will suffice.

Yes, it's the different-strokes-for-different-folks thing that would not have deterred me from being interested in the ASG-2. I just wouldn't have wanted his particular unit. Call me overly cautious.

May 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #142 of 7,021
Quote:

Well in this case, his issues stem from the ASG-2s not having his preferred sound. He actually complained of too much highs rather than not enough and no detail like Tyll. So his tweeters are working. Tyll's probably weren't working.

Okay, but to me it sounded like a bad seal (wrong tips kinda thing). You know, where you get sibilance and no sub-bass.

May 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #143 of 7,021
I'd give the man enough credit to recognize a bad seal.

:rolleyes:

And you guys wonder why many women don't hang around here.

Haha, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

May 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #144 of 7,021
Quote:

Okay, but to me it sounded like a bad seal (wrong tips kinda thing). You know, where you get sibilance and no sub-bass.

I'm pretty sure a seasoned reviewer like Tyll knows how to get a proper seal and knows when he does or doesn't have one. 

May 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #146 of 7,021
Quote:

Are you talking about the guy that sold his ASG-2 or Tyll?  Tyll had a custom, so he's got a good seal (he's got enough experience to know a good seal from a poor one) :p  Sibilance and lack of bass response comes from an incomplete seal, Tyll most likely has one. Additionally, Tyll speaks of not enough treble (none), he would have hit sibilance if he had hit this sort of incomplete seal (almost certain of that).

It could also be a bad fit or something random.  I know a different IEM, the A151 by MEE, I got a horrible resonance in the upper midrange which physically hurt my ears.  He may be getting one of those in the treble. 

May 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #147 of 7,021
Maybe I'm in some mood but ok, I'll bite:

I think he was referring to gnarl, which would be just as bad given that he's an expert at deep Ety insertion

hehe.
I'll assume you were dangling the carrot for my own self respect.

May 23, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #148 of 7,021
Quote:
Maybe I'm in some mood but ok, I'll bite:
hehe.
I'll assume you were dangling the carrot for my own self respect.

At first I didn't have "Ety" in there. Good thing I decided to proof read before hitting submit.

May 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #149 of 7,021
First ass emphasis and now deep insertion... Please do the next comparison soon so we can move away from the innuendo? 
etysmile.gif

May 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #150 of 7,021
Quote:
First ass emphasis and now deep insertion... Please do the next comparison soon so we can move away from the innuendo? 
etysmile.gif

My sincerest apologies 
redface.gif

I'm actually struggling to compare the Flat-4 and ASG-2. They're so different.

Maybe by midnight (central us time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back