[REVIEW] 18 IEM reviewed and compared!!! (Final update NOV 2, 08)
Nov 1, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #256 of 335
@ ClieOS: Here's a suggestion that might be useful for this thread: Add a poll that goes something like, "To what extent do you agree with the OP, on a scale of -4 to +4?". That might give this thread a more stickiable status. Or something.

Nov 2, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #258 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnXioZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nicely done ClieOS. By the way, did you try different tips other then the retail ones that come with the PL-30?

Yes. I also tried Comply T400 (new version: T500), which give me slightly better seal / isolation than bi-flanges, but not as much as the included 'olive' style foam. I'll say the result is somewhere in b/w those two. I also tried Head-Direct's big bi-flanges (for the RE1/2). Though seal is better, it sticks out just a bit too much to my liking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ ClieOS: Here's a suggestion that might be useful for this thread: Add a poll that goes something like, "To what extent do you agree with the OP, on a scale of -4 to +4?". That might give this thread a more stickiable status. Or something.

A fun suggest
smile.gif
I'll add a poll, though I am not sure it will be of much help in turning this thread to a sticky... or something
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
next candidate proposed for list,
Sens IE8

If the local price is in line with the Euro/UK price and not the U.S. price, IE8 is definitely worth looking into. Fingers crossed.

[EDIT] The poll is up. Everyone votes please?
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #261 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nothing wrong with your browser, i saw it too. free e3. but that amp cost usd10 only haha.

Oh, jeez, that would explain it, haha. I just glanced at it and got excited! Seems like a good idea still, and a $10 amp is better than no amp, right?

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #263 of 335
I believe that the reason that the opening post has not been put forward for stickying yet, is because it is still a work in progress... If ClieOS were to 'close' the first post on this thread, and then carry on the comparisons on a new thread / post then that would mean that this one could be put up...

ClieOS... Let me know by PM or otherwise if you would want to do that, then if so, I'll put the thread forward for stickying
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #264 of 335
Couldn't you just copy/paste his code from the first post into a "sticky" thread and call it good? Then just leave this one with a different name?

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #265 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe that the reason that the opening post has not been put forward for stickying yet, is because it is still a work in progress... If ClieOS were to 'close' the first post on this thread, and then carry on the comparisons on a new thread / post then that would mean that this one could be put up...

ClieOS... Let me know by PM or otherwise if you would want to do that, then if so, I'll put the thread forward for stickying
smily_headphones1.gif

I think earlier on in the thread, when someone suggested this thread be stickied, other (mods even, maybe) opined that that would be inappropriate, given that it's just one person's opinions. And I kinda agree with that, actually. I thought the poll might help, like those rating stars on some blogs. In fact, it'd be cool to have such a thing on all review threads. The big ones, anyway.

Nov 2, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #266 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SoundMAGIC PL-30 added.

Your review of the PL-30 is spot on. The bass knobs need some management if the earphones are to last. I would just leave them on one setting and forget about them.

Steve
L3000.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #267 of 335
i voted mostly agreed because i think the comments on the shure se530 were a bit off target.

they can be had for the same price as the triple fi these days and they do offer more in the way of comfort,design and sound quality.

people will be sold on comfort and design alone and this is clearly an advantage over the triple fi design. as for sound quality the mids and bass are a step up over triple fi IMO, but the triple fi does give sweeter highs, but thats 2-1 shure + that comfort and design is surely worth the extra cash over triple fi.

i also think the ER6i is overrated and are poorly built and sound is nothing special at all.

but apart from that im very impressed and pleased you took the time to write it up

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #268 of 335
Hi Jonathon...

Agreed, even with a public vote, there is still a moderator vote as to whether posts / threads are good enough to sticky...

We'll see how the poll goes
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #269 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...they can be had for the same price as the triple fi these days and they do offer more in the way of comfort,design and sound quality.

I think I should offer a bit of explanation on how I rated the value of these IEM. There are two factors that I consider: The price I paid for and the price offered by online official dealers (who carry both), like Amazon, Buy.com, and a few of our sponsors. eBay and unofficial dealer are not in consideration. From all the price I gathered, SE530 is still more expensive than TF10, although in varying degrees across different sites. SE530's earpiece is more comfortable to wear, but the heavy cable (w/ no memory wire) is a downside. TF10's cable is stiffer in comparison, but at least the memory wire holds it behind the ear effortlessly. Because of the different in weight and memory wire, I often find myself in need of adjusting SE530 earpiece to give the best fit, and that reduce the overall comfort. If SE530 comes with UM2's cable (which is light enough not to drag and soft enough to confirm to ear w/o memory wire), than perhaps I will rate it higher than TF10. As for SQ, I have given my explanation of why I rated SE530 down in my review. Personal musical preference has a big role in determine why sounds the best, and as I said before, I did not deny that I prefer TF10 over SE530 because SE530 often sounds duller in comparison.

Quote:

i also think the ER6i is overrated and are poorly built and sound is nothing special at all.

My ER6i has seen active duty for a period of two years w/o giving me any problem, thus I didn't give it a poor rating on build quality.

Hope these explanation help.

Nov 2, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #270 of 335
Quote:

I honestly have NO IDEA how you people destroy ER-6i so fast! I had a pair for four years that were totally abused--they were left out where cats could grab them and play with them, they were stuffed in pockets, in purses, wrapped around MP3 players, used without filters for most of those four years and "worst" of all every time I pulled them out of my ears I grabbed the wires instead of the earphones.

And they still worked when I gave them away to a friend after buying ER-4P, and they still work for him even now, six months later.

So really I do not at all understand how people can go through ER-6i so fast unless you guys are just unbelievably hard on your equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back