Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) ... are they crooks?
Jan 14, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #31 of 159
I am saddened to read this thread and I wish everyone waiting for their product a speedy resolution. I sent my ED9's to Brad right after Thanksgiving 07. He was in constant communication with me through the whole process. The turn around took only 5 business days! I could not be happier with the outcome. I really don't want to be the first and last Edition 9 he does as it is an awesome combination.

Jan 15, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #32 of 159
I worked for an audio company that was running deep in the red for a while. They were great people, and they ran a good shop, but it was hard.

Most likely, if it's a cash flow problem, he's propping the business up with outside income. Likely he has past-due inoices, and he's accpeting orders and pouring his profits into old invoices. Theoretically, enough orders could right the ship, but it's unlikely and extremely stressful. However, when you're the one in debt and your only source of income is your business, there's little else to do than keep on accepting orders and apologize on all sides.

My prayers are with Brad. My money is not.

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #33 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullguise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I honestly don't believe this. I had some delay difficulties with my order form him, due to high demand for his product. He quoted me a certain time, and ended up about doubling it. he was VERY apologetic, and I thought he was pretty sincere. But, as others have said, he delivered.

I do believe he isn't taking the money and running, but instead hiding from trouble more than anything else right now.

This is Shellbrook Audio all over again. The worst part of these kinds of things, is that as long as they can satisfy some of the people some of the time, they'll have enough support to keep this crap going for months.

Jan 15, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #34 of 159
I report in this 3D too my sad experience....

Quote:

He stole thousands of $ from me and a friend of mine. About nearly $5.500!!

We made a first order on December 31 2006 (yes....you understood right...december 2006.. and he told us that it would have taken 20 days to get all the cables shipped via FedEx!!) and a second one (he told us that it was just a strange issue with the cable cooker and that he would have shipped all the cables just after a week) on February the 7th.

We never received the most part of the order...and 2 of the few ones received (after more then 6 months) were defective cables too (never replaced). At least...the huge lost amount i reported is correct.

He invented ******** for all this time...personal and professional ******** to take time and time and pull us. He didn't reply to our mails for months and months too. Today i noticed the advert of the Audiogon ban on AudioAsylum...too late i suppose.

Such a thief....i'm hopeless.

Forgot to add...i do really apologize for my bad english...i'm from italy.

Regards,
Luciano

ps: obviously i have all the documentation relates to the facts reported. And i sent it to Audiogon today.

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #35 of 159
Revelation Audio Labs is just one guy, Brad Vojtech, and he is a liar and a crook. He's ripped off dozens of trusting audiophiles, myself included. At one time, he may have run a clean business, but no longer. He is continually defrauding folks, failing to deliver or taking months and months to finally make good (after PayPal or credit card companies clamp down on him). Refunding your money is farce. Once he gets your bucks, you're screwed. He is no longer allowed to advertise on Audiogon because of so many complaints. Avoid! avoid! avoid!

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #36 of 159
I don't want to intentionally play devil's advocate....and no names mentioned.....but there is a particular high-end headphone amp manufacturer, very well known on the forum, for which there are numerous reports of delivery dates never being met; continual delays; bad communication; and empty promises. Yet, they are hardly looked upon in as bad a light.

Could it be that their market ($1000+ headphone amp buyers) is a niche one, far smaller than cables? Is it the fact that almost their entire market reside here on these forums and rarely outside of it?
redface.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #37 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by output555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Revelation Audio Labs is just one guy, Brad Vojtech, and he is a liar and a crook. He's ripped off dozens of trusting audiophiles, myself included. At one time, he may have run a clean business, but no longer. He is continually defrauding folks, failing to deliver or taking months and months to finally make good (after PayPal or credit card companies clamp down on him). Refunding your money is farce. Once he gets your bucks, you're screwed. He is no longer allowed to advertise on Audiogon because of so many complaints. Avoid! avoid! avoid!

Are you planning to make something to try to get your money back and/or just to try to have a little bit of Justice? If so please let me know.

Here i reported my sad experience in full...

Cable Asylum - RE: Hooray: Revelation Audio Labs banned from Audiogon! - ACROBAT - January 15, 2008 at 19:04:45

They suggested to me to try to go through that possibility...

Cable Asylum - RE: Hooray: Revelation Audio Labs banned from Audiogon! - nostatic - January 16, 2008 at 12:30:01

What do you think about that?

Thanks,
Luciano

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #38 of 159
Personally I think its kind of strange that we have several new members who seem to have joined merely to bash this company. Yes, RAL might be defrauding people of their money, but its equally possible that it's what some of our more established members have been saying: a cash flow problem on Brad's part. I don't know, I just find it suspicious when someone joins merely to chime in on a subject like this...

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #39 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I think its kind of strange that we have several new members who seem to have joined merely to bash this company. Yes, RAL might be defrauding people of their money, but its equally possible that it's what some of our more established members have been saying: a cash flow problem on Brad's part. I don't know, I just find it suspicious when someone joins merely to chime in on a subject like this...

I would give them the benefit of the doubt for now. It may be they did a search about RAL, and found this forum. Joined, in order to post their experience and warn others. Maybe even get some advice on how to deal with it and maybe get $ back.

I'm hoping everything gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction, but I'm doubtful that will happen, or at least not anytime soon....

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #40 of 159
Quote:

It may be they did a search about RAL, and found this forum. Joined, in order to post their experience and warn others. Maybe even get some advice on how to deal with it and maybe get $ back.

So it is. And i thought it was so obvious considering that i personally lost about $4.500 and a total of $5.500 together with my friend.

And i found a little bit unrespectful toward me and our huge lost the post of Zarathustra.

I'm italian and obviously i do not write on US forums usually (Audiogon, AusioAsylum or Headfi)....but, always looking for other informations about that guy, i came across the posts about the bann of Mr. Vojtech from Audiogon and that i was not the only one who he ripped off. So i decide to report my experience too.

Do you - dear Zarathustra - prefer me not to report anything? What did you want to say with your post? that am i (or the other new member wich i doesn't know) supposed to be a liar? Or maybe do you think that i simply want to put Mr. Vojtech in a bad light?

He was the only one, with his dreadful behaviour, who put him in a bad light!!

I'm just looking for a bit of justice dear Zarathustra...and i thought that was my duty to report my sad experience.

Do you know what does it mean to wait 13 months for some cables you paid in full in advance?? Do you know that??

Anyway you could easily see that i'm a well known member (my nick is ACROBAT even there) on the forum of VIDEOHIFI.COM ....the most important audio forum of Italy. But obviously i do not usually write on foreign forums....i simply read them every now and then.

Regards,
Luciano Siciliani
(name and surname)
Genova - Italy

ps: i want to underline that i always put my "face" (with my name and surname) on what i report.

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #41 of 159
i never doubted your veracity and am sorry about your substantial monetary loss. i also think the above post by zarathustra was in poor taste.

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #42 of 159
IMHO, the reason the company that you are referring to is not looked upon in as bad a light as RAL is because they do eventually deliver a quality product. This high-end amp maker is not a crook and, IMHO, it is not a fair comparison. Missing delivery dates and bad communication is hardly cause to put them in the same boat as RAL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to intentionally play devil's advocate....and no names mentioned.....but there is a particular high-end headphone amp manufacturer, very well known on the forum, for which there are numerous reports of delivery dates never being met; continual delays; bad communication; and empty promises. Yet, they are hardly looked upon in as bad a light.

Happy Listening!

Jan 17, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #43 of 159
Has brad of RAL ever spoken or ever responding to this matter?

Jan 17, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #44 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i never doubted your veracity and am sorry about your substantial monetary loss. i also think the above post by zarathustra was in poor taste.

I wouldn't be SO hard on him. Head-Fi has, in the past, has some bashing going on to various manufacturers, and some were probably from newer members. So some get cynical and think it's a "shill bashing" going on.

This is a different type of matter, but some of those cynical thoughts may still apply.

I have e-chatted with Brad and done business with him before (nothing recent, so I can't add anything of value to the conversation other than my opinion). I truly get the sense he's a great guy. But the best intentions fall on their face when the feces is applied to the fan blades. I still don't think Brad is a scam artist - his past service and products have spoken for themselves - but he has definitely hit a point where he's in way over his head. And it's common to hide while you're trying to sort things out.

My PERSONAL opinion/wish is that he does need to come public with some kind of statement to explain things and maybe state a course of action, but that also opens up the floodgates of hateful replies.

As I said, I hope that everything gets resolved in the end. But I can't see that happening very quickly if at all, and people like Luciano have been without their money or product for a long time already....

Jan 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #45 of 159
Quote:

My PERSONAL opinion/wish is that he does need to come public with some kind of statement to explain things [...]

It's my personal wish too obviously. But, honestly speaking, instead of more funny excuses (i have an endless list of them), i wish i could simply have comunications from him.

Considering that he simply doesn't reply to any mail i sent!

Anyway i want to state that i'm not here to "lynch" Mr. Vojtech or to "abuse" him...it's not my way. I'm simply here to report my sad experience....and hoping to find a way, together with other persons (considering that i'm in Italy and not in the US), to get a bit of justice.

To me it's clear that a person could simply got involved in business or personal problems...and it's not a blame indeed.

But if you are in economic trouble or if you are simply not able to ship the cables in a reasonable time because of an extremely over committed condition....if you are an honest person you do not accept other money telling that you will ship all the cables in 2 weeks.

Once again...i don't want the "head" of Mr.Vojtech (and i didn't even ever insult him by mails despite of all the funny excuses i heard in these 13 months...and the months of no comunications) or to blame him....i simply want him to take his responsabilities.

To me he is acting as a thief...no other possible way to intend what he is doing. It's simply a fact.

Regards,
Luciano

Users who are viewing this thread

Back