Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) ... are they crooks?
Jan 9, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #16 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received an ipod dock mini replacing an ipod mini to mini sent in error just last week. The only problem is he has my K701s and the check to recable them.
frown.gif

eek.gif

hopefully he will have the decency to return your headphones. and if the check hasn't been cashed, cancel right away, and even if it has been cashed, ask your bank if they can do a cash back for services not performed.

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #17 of 159
I ordered HD650 cable in the end of April 2007, additional ordered "Mini to Mini" cable is June.
It is end of October that I received them. I again order "Dock to Mini" cable in November, and arrived in December.
The delivery date of the HD650 cable was oft-delayed.

hmm, I regret. because RAL's cable is really excellent.

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #19 of 159
Ken36 is probably right. His cash flow is diminished or stretched and he cannot purchase raw material to make his cables. It is a downward spiral, putting off paid for orders trying to pay invoices to get cable to satisfy his orders. He may have sunk too low to keep all the balls in the air.

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #20 of 159
Yeah, it's sad, as others have said, Brad seems like a great guy personally, and his products sound great.

We've seen these types of "disappearing acts" with folks like Carlo, Drew @ Shellbrook, Ken @ Storm, and now Brad @ RAL...I'm sadly sure there are others I've missed.

I obviously can't recommend RAL new products any more (and feel bad if someone has potentially lost money on my recommendation), but anyone who finds something on the used market would still be good to go, I'd say. Even if something goes wrong, a decent DIY'er could likely fix it.

I wish the customers and Brad all the best on this. Hope he's not another audio casualty, with customers left out of $ or product.....but it's not looking super hopeful right now....

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #21 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is always money. Probably went bankrupt.

i doubt it. if that was really the case, then why take orders anymore?

he probably stacked a good deal of orders and then just hit the road.

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #23 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i doubt it. if that was really the case, then why take orders anymore?

he probably stacked a good deal of orders and then just hit the road.

I honestly don't believe this. I had some delay difficulties with my order form him, due to high demand for his product. He quoted me a certain time, and ended up about doubling it. he was VERY apologetic, and I thought he was pretty sincere. But, as others have said, he delivered.

I do believe he isn't taking the money and running, but instead hiding from trouble more than anything else right now.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #24 of 159
I ordered Sennheiser cables and Walker Audio Extreme-SST from Brad Vojtech/Revelation Audio Labs on March 22, 2007. I also pre-paid for the order with my credit card. I have yet to receive any of my order. I have become increasingly concerned after reading this thread and similar threads on Audiogon and Audio Asylum.

Here is what my research has turned up: Revelation Audio Labs is an attendee at CES 2008 right now in the same room as tmh audio, Revelation Audio Labs - Audio,High Performance Audio

The phone number listed on Revelation Audio Labs website, 386.983.5576, connected me to Brad's voice-mail, as of 5 minutes ago.

The Modwright website and tmh audio website both have links to the Revelations Audio Labs website, stating that RAL makes fine silver cables.

Also, all the threads on Audiogon concerning Revelation Audio Labs seem to have mysteriously disappeared in the last 12 hours.

I am not sure what this all adds up to, but I do know that I would like my cables and Walker Audio E-SST or a refund. I hope that threads concerning this issue do not continue to disappear. If I was in Las Vegas at CES 2008 right now, I would definitely like to stop by Booth 30-231 at the Venetian and ask a few questions.

I hope this all has a happy ending. I do not want to "pile on" Brad, but I do think it is good to see current information re: the status his cable business. I relied on the positive feedback on Audiogon, and am very disappointed to see all threads concerning Revelation Audio Labs disappear soon after Vtech2000/Brad Vojtech/Revelation Audio Labs, Inc. suddenly becomes "no longer a registered user."

I would like to see this thread stay alive.

Jan 10, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #25 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because he needed more money to pay for previous orders.

you get money for every order and that includes your profit as well as cost. why do you need more money to pay for previous orders? unless you are running a loss, i just dont buy it. and if you are running a loss, why continue taking orders and piling on the losses? simple business.

so i really dont buy that.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #26 of 159
you continue to take in orders/revenue to pay for unpaid invoices. his creditors are potentially banging down his door for raw material he may have ordered and received months ago. very common practice to take in new orders to pay old invoices even if there is no hope of filling the new orders.

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #27 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, all the threads on Audiogon concerning Revelation Audio Labs seem to have mysteriously disappeared in the last 12 hours.

i noticed that as well. i submitted a response to one of those threads a day or two ago and it was not approved by the mods. also, i don't really trust the feedback on audiogon. brad is a perfect example. he went from perfect 100% positive feedback to being suspended from the site, even though people were having problems with him for some time. i would be very reluctant buy a high priced item there that i could not pick up locally.

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #28 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif

hopefully he will have the decency to return your headphones. and if the check hasn't been cashed, cancel right away, and even if it has been cashed, ask your bank if they can do a cash back for services not performed.

I just heard from Brad this morning and he indicated my order should be completed within 7 days. Hopefully this is a sign things are turning around for him.

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #30 of 159
I am shock at this turn of events. I purchased few cables from Brad in the past and he was always polite and few times called me to ask me how I like the cables I purchased and apologized for being (2days) late. I hope all this gets resolved and Brad can get back to business and us listening to music happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back