Reqest/suggestion to all Head-Fiers who have a user signature (font size 1/2)
Feb 28, 2009 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

paara

500+ Head-Fier
Dear Head-Fi'er

Due to the new forum design I am wondering if it is possible to set some rules regarding signatures.
Some Head-Fi'ers has a lot of information in their signature, which is just fine.
But I wonder if would be possible to reduce the default font size from the standard “size 2” to “size 1” in signatures?

This will improve the ease of browsing. Many people are already doing this and I personally think its better, especially in the case where there is a lot of information/text in the signature

I still like to see what equipment the poster has, thus I do not want to disable the signatures.

Pros:
- Better contrast between posts and signature
- Less scrolling is needed when reading posts
- Easier to spot the signature (again due to the post:signature contrast)
- Looks cleaner
- Less messy

Cons:
- Harder to read the signature? (if someone has sight impairment, but for them the posts will be easier to read since they don't have to read the signatures as well.)

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 49
Yes, a fine suggestion. I believe it's possible at the server level so it would be forced. There are other ways to highlight things. Like colours, bold...

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 49
Just disable them. No signatures is best!

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just disable them. No signatures is best!

I still like to see what equipment the poster has, thus I do not want to disable the signature.

I think this is an easy way of improving the site
regular_smile .gif

It takes only 30 seconds to change the letter size form 2 to 1

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #6 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ironic that you have a sig...

I kept it up for those who choose to still see them, but from my perspective there is no signature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still like to see what equipment the poster has, thus I do not want to disable the signature

I felt the same way, but once I got rid of them I realized how little I actually looked at them and thus how little I missed them. And I can still go to their profiles if I am interested in their gear.

But that is me. You could very well miss them more than I do, so I do support your request for reducing the text size.

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by paara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still like to see what equipment the poster has, thus I do not want to disable the signature.

I think this is an easy way of improving the site
regular_smile .gif

It takes only 30 seconds to change the letter size form 2 to 1

I agree. Sometimes posters include the tubes that they are using in their respective pieces of equipment and I find this quite helpful. In fact, this has often led to a number of PM's for information/clarification. Do not delete signatures but do make them smaller!

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #10 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by applevalleyjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. Sometimes posters include the tubes that they are using in their respective pieces of equipment and I find this quite helpful. In fact, this has often led to a number of PM's for information/clarification. Do not delete signatures but do make them smaller!

If you agree you could change the font size of your signature to 1
regular_smile .gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #11 of 49
Well, my signature have been on size 1 for several years now...
wink.gif

Would be nice if others follow and in the same time consider if they could cut it down.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #12 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my signature have been on size 1 for several years now...
wink.gif

Would be nice if others follow and in the same time consider if they could cut it down.

I'm with you on that. If you use the smallest font and a dull color (like you and I have done), then it's there in case anyone wants to read it or check out the links, but is otherwise unannoying. (For example, in case someone wanted to know, it's 83.5 degress in Grand Cayman today. They're unannoying links unless you click on them and you're in the middle of winter!)

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #13 of 49
Yes alot of people have had it for years, which I think is great.

And I hope that the once that have not resized their signature will see this thred and do so.

Just giving the issue some attention.

I resized my signature after seeing that other people had don it. So I am not trying to pawn the idea off as my own
wink.gif

I am a happy camper when I see smal font in signatures
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe someone could tip Jude or anyone who have the authority to change the default signature font size, that this might be a good idea?? (or maybe not?)
Especially since the posts got vertically bigger after the latest design update.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #15 of 49
how come non contributors see fit to initiate and dictate proposed rules for all and contys?

y'all non conty's see adverts that contribs dont, you would have thought if you were so keen on having a better browsing experience you would stump up and get rid of those first, not members own personal touches.

i dont know of any forum i frequent where one would be disallowed signatures, it allows a small bit of personalization in an otherwise un-personal environment, fluff it up a bit and makes it more fun!

relax and enjoy the community with all the different peeps, flavours and flamboyances!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back