Reinforce UE700 - Heatshrink
Aug 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lessblue

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys and gals. I received some UE700s today and am looking forward to breaking them in.

I do worry about the straight mini-plug on the UE700 and wanted to reinforce it using heat shrink tubing.

I have a Milwaukee heat gun but I'm not sure which kind/size of heat shrink I should buy. And should I put a little electrical tape first and then add the heat shrink or use adhesive lined heat shrink?

Would be my first attempt at doing this kind of project.

Aug 6, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 8
Well since I've already bought a heat gun, might as well put it to some use:)

Thanks, 1/8" adhesive heat shrink. Should it just about cover the length that I circled in the picture? Probably need 3:1 polyolefin?

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 8
Hmmm, I have a question about the tubing. 1/8" doesn't seem to fit over the plug. I have 3/16" 3:1 as well but I don't think it will shrink well where the wire meets the plug.

How to get the 1/8" tubing over the plug? just force it?

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #6 of 8
Use some needle nose pliers and stretch it gently until it fits, then when you heat it, it'll shrink down to a real tight fit

cheers
FRED

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #8 of 8
Well, after trying and trying I gave up. Could not get the 1/8 tube to go over the plug. Will have to be careful with the plug or i may buy a right angle adapter at least. The Replug seems a little too obtrusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back