Receiving emails for subs set with site-only notification
Oct 27, 2012 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

jgray91

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been receiving email notification for subscribed threads that I chose for site-only notification. Been having this for a few days now. Kind of annoying to change and specify not to send email notifications.

The problem described further by ianmedium:
It is usually random. Sometimes I may get a few emails from one thread I am subscribed to, another time from another thread, there is no rhyme nor reason, it is very erratic. Some days I will get four or five, some days none but I have my settings so that I get no emails from the forum. Thanks for looking in to it for us!

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 42
Hey, I have been too, checked my settings and it was as I set it but I still keep getting them, please fix, I get enough emails without spam ones like this!

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 42
Just got another that I made sure I would not get, please sort this out!

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #6 of 42
Are you getting summary emails showing a few threads or something different?

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #7 of 42
It is usually random. Sometimes I may get a few emails from one thread I am subscribed to, another time from another thread, there is no rhyme nor reason, it is very erratic. Some days I will get four or five, some days none but I have my settings so that I get no emails from the forum. Thanks for looking in to it for us!

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 42

ianmedium sums it up pretty accurately. Should've put that in the OP. [done] It's not some summary too, it's the whole post whenever I get the emails. Not every post though, so that's a slight relief.

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 42
Are you getting summary emails showing a few threads or something different?

I'll occasionally get emails to a thread as if I'm subscribed for instant notifications when in fact I'm not. Also, when I go back to the thread, it shows me as subscribed for instant notifications until I change it back to daily or unsubscribe..
I also get the daily digest, but that's separate.

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #10 of 42
I think I stumbled upon the reason:

[click to enlarge]

It seems that the frequency is set to "immediate" that by its own when I quote somebody to reply, but not when I quick reply and preview.

EDIT: Tried to do this again with various other threads I subscribed to. Can't really do it consistently, but I did notice this happening 3 out of several times I tried.

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #11 of 42
jgray91: Could be a bug, but I tried setting your default subscription to Site Only again.  There's a button on your Edit Subscriptions page to set all of them to site only. Try clicking on that if you haven't already. The confusing thing about subscriptions is that you can subscribe to a person, thread or forum, which could give you emails from any one of those things changing.

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #12 of 42
jgray91: Could be a bug, but I tried setting your default subscription to Site Only again.  There's a button on your Edit Subscriptions page to set all of them to site only. Try clicking on that if you haven't already. The confusing thing about subscriptions is that you can subscribe to a person, thread or forum, which could give you emails from any one of those things changing.

Thank you for your constant vigilance on this issue, Currawong. I looked again in my Edit Subscriptions page, and this time I see that three most recent threads I replied in is set in Immediate frequency. Checked the whole list of my subs, and that seems to be the only ones that have changed by its own without my input. For what it's worth, It's this thread itself, the official anime thread and the themed monthly avatar discussion thread.

I've since set the frequency back to Site Only.

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #13 of 42
Hi Churrawong, still getting them and I have checked my subscription is for site only. It is the randomness that is the odd thing! Thanks for taking time to look into it, I get a great many business emails each day so I try to filter out the non business ones when I join sites as it eats into so much time deleting. Thanks again.

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #14 of 42
This is a issue for me too. The site seems to randomly change subscriptions from "Site Only" to "Immediate". I have to go change them back manually. Not rhyme or reason for which threads or why that I can detect. All my defaults are "Site Only", and threads that have been "site only" for a LONG time are being randomly changed to "immediate".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back