Received my balanced Grado HP-2
Apr 2, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #16 of 61
It's "My Favorite Martian" !
biggrin.gif

dsc0547yi1.jpg

I too, have found that the HP-2's have totally changed my position on not really liking Grados.

Barring any natural (or unnatural) disasters, I am a lifetime "cord carrying" HP-1000 owner
cool.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #17 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's "My Favorite Martian" !
biggrin.gif

Yep, that's why Peter (Iron Dreamer) took this shot at MOA. He thought it was pretty funny. At least nobody can accuse me of having a big head.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

dsc0547yi1.jpg

I too, have found that the HP-2's have totally changed my position on not really liking Grados.

Barring any natural (or unnatural) disasters, I am a lifetime "cord carrying" HP-1000 owner
cool.gif

Me too. It's now my favorite headphone pushing out the K340. Of course, I'm not selling any of my headphones.
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #21 of 61
The HP-2 is rockin' my world like no Grado has before! Definitely my favorite Grado to date! Well maybe after the PS-1, because that one was fantastically awesome. In some ways, it's what I wish the AD2000 sometimes was...
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you identified which post was your 5,555th post?
biggrin.gif

Er...I don't really keep track of my post count anymore...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what balanced amp are you using with them. did you consider getting different XLR connectors.

I briefly considered the Furutech FP-701 XLR connectors but then I realized that my XLR interconnects had Neutrik connectors. Wouldn't really have gotten much benefit without replacing them, and it's much too late (and expensive) to go hunting for a pair of Furutech XLR interconnects that I'd like.

My two balanced amps are still on order but I should be getting one of them by CanJam '08!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #23 of 61
Sigh...I wants....but can't possibly put down 2+ grand required right now...

Apr 2, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #24 of 61
HOLY CRAP ON A STICK!

The AD2000 sounds surprisingly close to the HP-2! I'd go so far as to say that the AD2000 is like the poor man's HP-2! Obviously there are several key differences but overall tonality and presentation is very similar between the two.

The HP-2 sounds great no doubt but it's creating a fit of indecision. It's somewhat like an AD2000 with K701-like qualities, almost like a merge of the two. Do I want just one headphone, the HP-2? Or all three?
tongue.gif

Edit: this was with the flat pads. The HP-2 sounds different on the bowl pads.
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #26 of 61
You guys are making me sad that Blutarsky now has my HP-1000/HP-2 and I don't.

I thought my HF-1 with flats and APS v3 cable was close enough that I could part with them. Oh Well, for the price of one HP-1000 I can play with my RS-1, RS-2, HF-1 all with APS v3 cables (and I had to pick up an HHF-1 and ALO woodied re-cabled SR-60 on top of those)...

Apr 2, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #27 of 61
Congrats, looks very nice. Also cool to see some of the folks who do not like Grado sound sig saying that they do like it anyway, however HP1000/2 arent Grado at all, well in general lines.
cool.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #28 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dsc0547yi1.jpg

Is that flats or bowls? Cause I remember liking the sound of that very much, so if ASR's claim that AD2000 is alot like that holds true, I am all over the AT xD

Apr 2, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #29 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I felt the same way about Grados until I heard both an HP-1 and HP-2 at MOA. I now am an HP-2 owner. Unlike modern Grados (IMO), they are balanced and neutral. Even better, their rendition of high frequencies doesn't make my earls bleed!

Here's mine on my head:

dsc0547yi1.jpg

hehehehe, you look very cute in that pic Guzziguy, congratulations for your cans too. I've never listened to any HP-1000, but for all the descriptions of their SQ I think they would be of my liking way more than other models, but for the PS which I haven't listened either.
The second of my problems with Grado cans is their fit, I don't find them any comfortable for anything more than 30 minutes listening.

HeadphoneAddict, IMHO no wire change, not even balancing a pair of cans, is magic. There are differences, improvements and things that worsen, but the flesh is at the driver and how it's mounted on the cups. I can understand you miss the HP-2, a RS-1 no matter which cable you drop at it will make it sound really different. I can't speak for the HF-1, is it really that close to HP-2's sound signature?

Rgrds

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #30 of 61
I'm really interested to know how close to the HP2 the AD2000 really sound... if its close, then like MaloS, i'll be all over them...

I'm actually looking for a pair of headphones that has the magical mids of the K340 with more bass impact and some have suggested the HP2, but i really can't afford them... so if the AD2000 is that good, then I'm off to get one for meself..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back