RCA under $150
Jul 4, 2011 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

BrucYSN

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of RCA IC to use between transport and DAC, and it might have other use later, so I wonder what would people recommand for a pair of IC that's 1 - 1.5m and under $150.

Ps: i d rather get a pair of used one for better value 

Cheers

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 14
bump

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #3 of 14
I brought a pair of Blue Jean's interconnects recently. I thought their price was for one interconnect, so I ordered two, and they sent me two pairs! Very good value. Their interconnects seem very good quality; weighty with high quality jacks.

I'm not a beliver in cables but they did provide a noticable improvement over the previous £3 interconnects I brought from ebay.

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 14
what do you mean by noticeable improvement?

Quote:
I brought a pair of Blue Jean's interconnects recently. I thought their price was for one interconnect, so I ordered two, and they sent me two pairs! Very good value. Their interconnects seem very good quality; weighty with high quality jacks.

I'm not a beliver in cables but they did provide a noticable improvement over the previous £3 interconnects I brought from ebay.

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 14
like to know tha too lol

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #6 of 14
As in the sound quality was improved. Namely bass had more punch and there was an increase in detail. A subtle improvement but still noticeable (not that I did any blind testing or anything like that).

I'm sceptical of the notion that cables can always provide a significant or even subtle increase in sound quality, and I wouldn't spend a lot of money on them. In this case I guess it's less surprising that the Blue Jeans cables did provide an observable improvement simply because my previous interconnects were probably of low quality.

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #7 of 14
Jul 6, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #9 of 14
Thanks for the info guys~

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #10 of 14
I'd recommend trying out some Zu Audio interconnects, they sell a lot of promo items on eBay and I'm very pleased with the couple sets of Mission line cables I have. I have up to ~$300 interconnects that I don't like quite as much.

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #11 of 14
Has anyone tried the the Yacco Whirly Wisps?  Seem like reasonable prices for a silver interconnect ($50 for a 3' pair).

http://www.yaccocables.com/whirly_wisp.html

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:
Has anyone tried the the Yacco Whirly Wisps?  Seem like reasonable prices for a silver interconnect ($50 for a 3' pair).

http://www.yaccocables.com/whirly_wisp.html

I'm probably going to order one. That price is crazy low and they have a 30-day full refund policy and even pay the return shipping.

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #14 of 14
Just get Blue Jeans cables. The price is excellent for the quality.

If you have to have specialty cables, build them yourself. Most aftermarket cables have $10-$50 of parts in them. The rest is entirely profit. Why give someone $150 for something that costs $10 or $20 to make? Some will argue that some raw cables are expensive to purchase. That's because a manufacturer orders a roll of cable from China and then charges a huge markup for resale. The raw products are never that expensive.

There are tutorials here for building cables. Read those, get a $5 soldering iron and make your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back