Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #3,526 of 6,937
Quote:
Are you looking for a game that has some story to it, or just purely gun-play? I'll throw a few options your way depending on what you're looking for exactly.

Never played a shooter with story so that would be cool.  I like fine artwork and characters so the challenge of the game itself isn't that important.

May 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #3,527 of 6,937
Quote:
Are you looking for a game that has some story to it, or just purely gun-play? I'll throw a few options your way depending on what you're looking for exactly.

Never played a shooter with story so that would be cool.  I like fine artwork and characters so the challenge of the game itself isn't that important.

May 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #3,528 of 6,937
Quote:

If you're looking for shooters with a story, then I would look into some of these. And you should be able to download them.

BioShock Series - Incredible story throughout and stellar graphics.

Bulletstorm - Good game to feel like a total bad-***

Portal 1 & 2 - It's first-person, but you only have a portal gun. Although, both games feature some of the funniest and most original dialogue of any game in existence. And the story in # 2 is much more lengthy. My time trial in Portal 1 is 58 minutes. Portal 2 took much longer, something like 10 - 12 hours.

And FYI, the Portal games are straight up puzzle games, where you're a test subject with a portal gun. The boss of the game named GlaDOS is an evil super-computer that designs the puzzles to kill you, It might sound a little lame, but it's a very highly acclaimed game and very, very funny. Both of them.

May 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #3,530 of 6,937
If you want to get into 3rd person shooters (which usually have much better stories in my opinion) then try these games.

Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 - This is my favorite video game series of all time, hands down. I cannot say enough good things about the Mass Effect series. The story is PHENOMENAL. Please play these games.

Fallout 3/Fallout: New Vegas - A HUGE 3rd person shooter/RPG. Both games were both well received and you can easily sink 200+ hours into each of them. There are countless quests to do and the levels are gigantic, which Bethesda is known for.

Gears of War - A brutal 3rd person shooter with hordes of enemies and awesome weapons. Good voice-acting and a good story.

Dead Space 1, 2, 3 - If you want to crap your pants, these games are for you. They're beautiful looking games with a story reminiscent to "Alien" mixed with Doom 3. The story unfolds much better than Alien or Doom 3 in my opinion, and there's plenty of cool guns to dismember the freaks you have to fight.

May 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #3,535 of 6,937
Injustice: Gods Among Us. 8.5/10.

Lots of fun, and better than MK9. It still feels clunky next to the Capcom fighters, but less so than MK9. Balance is questionable but I'm sure that will be sorted out in time. The visual style is terrific, and what's more interesting, the playstyle of each character mirrors their character lore and background - i.e. Doomsday just goes in without caring and has a trait that helps him overcome zoning, Sinestro is technical and stylish and has an evil keepaway style, Green Lantern is solid if unimaginative, Lex Luthor is full of gadgets and tricky setups that you need to know how to get out of, Superman is good at everything and the Joker is crazy and dangerous as all hell. Though he still needs a buff.

My biggest complaint is the netcode, but I suppose I should just play more offline. I'm reasonably close to Next Level and 8 on the Break, so no reason not to.

May 29, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #3,536 of 6,937
Dungeons of Dredmore

I love rogue games! After spending too much time with Binding of Isaac, it's time for something different.
So far, I'm really really happy with my purchase :)

8,5/10

May 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #3,537 of 6,937
Picked up the sequel to Red Orchestra 2, Rising Storm. Still technically in beta, but I don't see it changing too much.

Pits Japan vs America in WWII battles. I like the feeling of history in fighting those battles from both sides. Graphics will leave you wanting but it runs smooth as silk in 64 person battles.

I'm not really the camping type in FPS, but since this game relies on actual strategy, especially the realism servers, it's pretty much required on defense maps.

Snipers feel OP, but their numbers are limited. The other classes can be fun. I like the light mortar on Japan's side and flamethrower is a blast on the Americans on the right maps.

Going to rate this one a 7/10 , rounded up.
Good enough for a 30 minute session here and there.

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #3,538 of 6,937
Call of Juarez: gunslinger

Shooting gallery shooter incredibly fast paced (as I play it) and superb fun. the sound effects, music scores are just right. Visuals are perhaps nothing spectacular. I don´t know because it´s so fast. hardest difficulty is perfect for me. I could never do this with gamepad though I believe.
Some things don´t work though because it´s a lazy console port. QTE events where they referr to gamepad buttons???? Other then that I have no problems with the controls. 

Story wise it may be good. Again it´s to fast paced for me to be able to totally keep up :wink:

10/10 fun factor but due to the console port issues it´s hard to score it a 10. 7/10 and it´s incredible high for a super lazy port.

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #3,539 of 6,937
Just finished Hitman: Absolution. For anyone that appreciates a good set of cans, PLAY this game. Amazing detail with the sampling, OST, and the binaural environments of the game.

Really awesome. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #3,540 of 6,937
Bioshock Infinite - 6/10

I'm one of those rare people I guess that doesn't seem to like this. I tried hard, but it's just a painful and tedious bore for me. I feel like i'm just an errand boy the whole time. First go here, then there, then here. It usually alternates between action scenes and then a whole lot of nothing (along with overacting and dramatic non-sense). It seems like everything in the game was designed to bombard my senses and annoy me. The shooting parts feels like just button smashing with no skill required. In Dishonored, Bioshock 2 and Uncharted 2 there was sometimes at least strategy involved.

There was only one part so far that made me stop and stare at the amazing scenery. It was on the boardwalk earlier in the game. It almost looked like a painting. Too bad all this artsy non-sense wore out it's welcome and it just got annoying. The constant voiceovers also got old fast. It's also possibly the most pretentious games ever made.

I'm a huge fan of Bioshock 2. I know that game isn't loved by many, but it's a favorite. I even prefer it to part 1.

My problem with this one is that it feels rather dumbed down and much easier. There's really no incentive so far to upgrade my character.

The only games that disappointed me this much were Final Fantasy X and Fable III.

Dishonored 2 I beat twice just through rentals and is much better and more original and creative. Ended up buying it. Bioshock Infinite doesn't feel like anything new.

I guess I will try Tombraider and Far Cry 3 next.

#1 reason I don't like this is that it's just not any fun for me to play. Can't get into the story to begin with and it's constantly annoying me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back