Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #2,253 of 6,972

Quote:
Limbo 9/10.
Scary, lonely, yet simple and cunning.

Played the demo and liked it but it feels like well over a year ago, release date says aug 2011
blink.gif
. For some reason never gave it more thought, thanks for mentioning it :)
I really like those simple indie games. Tiny bang story and so far all 3 games i played from Amanita desgin; Machinarium, Samorost 1 and 2. Have to give the newer ones a try too.

Any thoughts on Serious Sam 3:BFE? I mean the promo sentence alone is a winner
cool.gif
:
Serious Sam 3: BFE is a glorious throwback to the golden age of first-person shooters where men were men, cover was for amateurs and pulling the trigger made things go boom

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #2,254 of 6,972

Sapphire HD6870
AMD Fx6100 3.3ghz Hex Core with N520 running around 3.7 possibly up to 4.0
16gb 1333mHz Corsair
64gb Samsung SSD
750w Cooler Master PSU

I HAVE NO GAMES! Will be.... buying..... a lot though! I'm pumped. It's actually mostly for CAD. I know the GPU isn't right but it will do for now. It's going to be so much better than my laptop. (2.53ghz i5 540m. 8gb DDR3. Radeon 4550m) 

I have na Xbox, but I'm really looking forward to PC gaming. Skyrim and BF3 specifically. Both essentially made for PC imho. My only problem is I'm awful with a mouse and keyboard, except Minecraft.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #2,255 of 6,972
Im buying "Elder scrolls: skyrim" next week. Most of my friends say its awesome. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #2,256 of 6,972
OK ill bite again:)

MW3:9/10
very good tbh and keep me enrtained with my clan on TS.better and quiet different than Blops.
the downside:no servers which i find bullcrap.also the maps are a bit too diffuse and some are not too coherent.snipers are bad on mw3.
thats about it tbh.

World of Warcraft(WOW):6.5/10. my rating went down from my previous one 3-4 months ago because the game is now crap and i quit it after 7 months of playing(and sometimes addicting it).
too much grinding,quests are crap and basically the same,the community is hostile,bliizard take over 100 million euro per months and doesnt make any changes or problems that the community want.
rehashing old content over and over and over.the new panda xpac and time consuming/boring grinding of reputations,pet system..etc..
overall,not worth it and i found myself very happy in the first 1.5 months of playing it because i was questing with my friend and chatting together.
but them i got caught in the grinding loop to maximize my toon and finally knew it wasnt worth it since i didnt have anymore fun:))

currently playing with the idea of getting skyrim and will most definatly get Guildwars2 when it launches.looks epic tbh and worthwhile.

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #2,257 of 6,972

Quote:

MW3:9/10
very good tbh and keep me enrtained with my clan on TS.better and quiet different than Blops.
the downside:no servers which i find bullcrap.also the maps are a bit too diffuse and some are not too coherent.snipers are bad on mw3.
thats about it tbh.

IMO maps are the hardest thing to get right in a game.  If you're on PC there are no dedicated servers which is annoying as you need to find new server each round and there is more lag.  IMO the modelling, sound effects and soundtrack is for the most part not up to MW2 standard either.  Give BF3 or BC2 a try (I prefer BC2) - IMO much better games than recent COD, just learning curve is a little steep.  They have nerfed the puck out of snipers in BF3, which annoys me as anyone that closes you is guaranteed a kill, but probably pleases most casual gamers/non snipers, but I still prefer BC2 but there are no servers now, sigh
triportsad.gif

Anyway some scores:

BF3: 8.5 - needs more balancing and better maps
BC2: 9.5 - needs more servers...

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #2,258 of 6,972
I might be alittle late on this but here's my review on BF3 and Skyrim;

BF3 - I'm giving it a 9/10 only based on it's single player campaign. The visuals when playing on ultra are fantastic, and the audio is so immersive especially if your listening with a pair of RS1i headphones. Too bad it was short and the story a little bit on the cliche side, but the eye and ear candy really won me over. Multiplayer is good, but a pain in the ass for me, it's just way to chaotic and fast. For me to enjoy multiplayer I have to be gaming with a friend, otherwise it can be real tough and unforgiving.

Skyrim - I'd give it a 9/10 only because there's so much to do and see ! But I'm not impressed visually. It kinda feels like a step backward in visuals from Oblivion (kinda). Oblivion looked really clean, neat and solid, but Skyrim looks like a rough port to pc, and the fact that it's using the fallout engine kinda threw me off. I'm running the game on ultra settings but the texture's up close look pretty bad, so that sucks. Also, don't get me started on all the bugs (glitches). Anyways, if it wasn't for all the variety and quantity this game has, it would definitely have gotten a 7.5/10 from me.

Oh, if anyone's into indie games , you should check out something called "The Polynomial" , it's so damn trippy !

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #2,259 of 6,972
SKYRIM. Everything i ever wanted in a game and then some. Great visuals, amazing interactive npc ai, fabulous music, excellent character creation and leveling system, a huge world where anything seems possible.

Probably will be the only game i'll be playing for the next year. Then again i just remembered theres also KINGDOMS OF ALAMUR and BORDERLANDS 2 on the horizon so its looking to be a great gaming year with at least three masterpiece titles to relax and immerse myself in.

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #2,260 of 6,972
I got Fallout New Vegas for the PS3 on a Black Friday sale for $8 bucks.

I have read that the game had some glitches and yes it does.

The game froze on me once and I have to restart the PS3 and play the game from my last save point.

Besides that one freeze, it has been running ok. I played Fallout 3 and I thought the game was incredibly addictive, so is Fallout New Vegas.

It's worth getting if you liked Fallout 3.

I don't think the game is worth $60 bucks, because of the glitches.

If you can find it for $20 bucks or so, then it is worth giving it a try.

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #2,261 of 6,972
Metal Gear Solid 4 -  Cover system is archaic and near useless, sneaking consists of crawling everywhere. But the story does seem interesting, so I'm gonna endure and hope for some hot cybernetic girl on girl action.

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #2,262 of 6,972
Metal Gear Solid 4 -  Cover system is archaic and near useless, sneaking consists of crawling everywhere. But the story does seem interesting, so I'm gonna endure and hope for some hot cybernetic girl on girl action.

MGS 4 is one of the very few games I have actually finished. First time playing I shelved if after the long opening cinematics; after coming back I couldn't put it down until the end, simply unforgettable.

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #2,263 of 6,972
Skyrim. 8/10 for being generally fun in a year of crap PC releases, although Bethesda fails so hard with the recent patch.

In the end, I give it about a 12/10 after watching how much fun my wife is having with the game, and she's not a gamer (although she's at least as excited as I am about GW2...weird).

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #2,264 of 6,972
I like MW3 but would rate it 7/10.  If they fix problems and such it will go up 1-2 points.  <3 me some MOABS though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back