Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 8, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #15,031 of 24,680

He's nominated for an Academy Award, and won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor. 

I still laugh every time I see Jared Leto getting his face smashed in Fight Club, because I always seem to forget that he's it that movie.

He was really good in Lord of War. I much prefer Leto as an actor rather than the lead singer of 30 Seconds to Mars.

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #15,034 of 24,680
  Guys I hate the Twilight series. It is terrible ass cliched dumb **** hideous ****. Bella is terribly blank. BLANK! Even a white paper has more emotion. Edward is stupid, annoying, creepy and scary. He stalks Bella and try to kill her, and Bella likes him. ......... ASSSSSSSSSgydihfsvwio7 rnoshgsdiu bijkgehigu dbrcyu sgbsydivdgb ctudvig cfdbsndyu bufgkjr hgydsb gduhgcnmcnuitcxg bwknydbgu jygxbdisfbgz os. **** ME. Jacob is cool nice kid, but the film always want to make him bad. And as a women fantasy, Bella love bad looking vampires that shines under the sun (though 90% of the shots are in daylight, so the film is very very GOOD at having consistence). The vampires have goofy action (slapstick speed running) and the werewolves have mediocre CGI. Werewolves hate clothes. Side characters are What. Everything is wrong. CG baby is creepy. **** YOU STEVENIE MEYERS!!!! FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Btw, Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic) watched all of them, and so does Roger Elbert.

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #15,035 of 24,680
Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt 1

0.00000000000001/10

Everything sucks ass except trying to kill Bella. Which, I hope it happens. ****.

Pt 2

-100000/10
Worst use of climax. BOO!!!!

After all, what do you expect? THEY SUCK. SIMPLE. 
Code:
 ....................../´¯/) ....................,/¯../ .................../..../ ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') .........\.................'...../ ..........''...\.......... _.·´ ............\..............( ..............\.............\...
Now I need to watch something decent. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #15,037 of 24,680

tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #15,038 of 24,680
Feb 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #15,039 of 24,680
Alien (1979) - 9,5

Yep, indeed...
I haven't been this much humiliated by a movie in a long time.
And it's not just great scify horror, in my opinion it's one of the best films ever made.
To me there's just no comparison between Alien and Aliens, the first is a masterpiece and the second an unnecessary sequel.
I like Aliens but I can't leave anymore without Alien.
I'm too lazy to be wordy about a movie that compels me to write pages of dissertation, and I probably wouldn't add anything new to what has already been said.
I just say this: if you love good cinema and you have never seen Alien, or you haven't seen it in a long time and almost forgot it, and you hate/neglect the horror genre because most movies are crap, do yourself a favor and re/watch Alien alone with all your attention.
This classic doesn't get old and is a mandatory watch to any cinephile regardless of being a Scify Horror fan or not.
I'm not a fan but I see Alien itself as the definition.
I love it!

It does what good movies are suppose to do, tell a story. We are lucky too in that the movie has aged well, and looks better than ever in it's blu ray condition.

Feb 8, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #15,040 of 24,680
Rush...
I'm an F1 fan.
Produced by Ron Howard
I loved it!

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #15,041 of 24,680
It does what good movies are suppose to do, tell a story. We are lucky too in that the movie has aged well, and looks better than ever in it's blu ray condition.

I wouldn't say that a movie has necessarily to tell a story, there are many different cinematic languages with different aims.
That's not the reason why I think Alien is great.
Alien does tell a story but that's not what it's really about, the movie is about atmosphere and suspense and does it with great technical competence and aesthetical beauty (noticeable influence from 2001: A Space Odyssey).
It's simply accomplished for what it aims to be.
In today's general mindset the movie has much less novelty factor and power of persuasion than when it premiered in theaters, some scenes can look a bit corny today, but I see pretty well how it might have made quite an impact back at 1979.
It's beautiful to watch and the amazing quality of the acting (really, all the actors here should be awarded, brilliant work), the sober and intelligent directing, the technical competence applied in all the scenarios, visual effects, sound and the sensible camera work really makes it believable and transports me to it's own universe making me feel like I'm watching a real and thrilling drama rather than watching a mere horror movie. It's rather difficult to put into words how it works for me, I can easily live it if I want to.
Basically it has great power of persuasion because it's so well crafted at all aspects, at least for those who have never seen it before or forgot it like me.
Even if it's just a simple "haunted house" formula applied to scify.
It works with me and even if it didn't it's an amazing piece of fine filmmaking, one of the best I've ever seen.
Alien also features some deliciously hilarious moments although they're not supposed to be, lol.
But I admit that I find it difficult to be imparcial towards this film because I like it so much.
I feel awkward and stupefied for praising an horror movie like this but yeah it's great stuff.

I watched the Bluray version, beautiful cinematography and great picture quality.
Alien ages very well, it still looks very realistic today.

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #15,042 of 24,680
alien is a great movie but Riddley Scott did an even better film , a true Masterpiece imho

Blade Runner.

Btw , the movie is great , but the book is even better/deeper/smarter  - Philip K Dick is one of the few true geniuses of the 20th century.

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #15,043 of 24,680
if you liked the movie so much, you should read the books of Chuck Palahniuk , the movie is his book adaptation

i suggest you check out the following books by him

Survivor
Diary
Lullaby
Choke
Invisible Monsters

Quote:
  Awesome movie. I can't believe I didn't watch it before this! It came out in 1999. The twist at the end was awesome too. Must see.

8.5/10

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #15,045 of 24,680

I wouldn't say that a movie has necessarily to tell a story, there are many different cinematic languages with different aims.
That's not the reason why I think Alien is great.
Alien does tell a story but that's not what it's really about, the movie is about atmosphere and suspense and does it with great technical competence and aesthetical beauty (noticeable influence from 2001: A Space Odyssey).
It's simply accomplished for what it aims to be.
In today's general mindset the movie has much less novelty factor and power of persuasion than when it premiered in theaters, some scenes can look a bit corny today, but I see pretty well how it might have made quite an impact back at 1979.
It's beautiful to watch and the amazing quality of the acting (really, all the actors here should be awarded, brilliant work), the sober and intelligent directing, the technical competence applied in all the scenarios, visual effects, sound and the sensible camera work really makes it believable and transports me to it's own universe making me feel like I'm watching a real and thrilling drama rather than watching a mere horror movie. It's rather difficult to put into words how it works for me, I can easily live it if I want to.
Basically it has great power of persuasion because it's so well crafted at all aspects, at least for those who have never seen it before or forgot it like me.
Even if it's just a simple "haunted house" formula applied to scify.
It works with me and even if it didn't it's an amazing piece of fine filmmaking, one of the best I've ever seen.
Alien also features some deliciously hilarious moments although they're not supposed to be, lol.
But I admit that I find it difficult to be imparcial towards this film because I like it so much.
I feel awkward and stupefied for praising an horror movie like this but yeah it's great stuff.

I watched the Bluray version, beautiful cinematography and great picture quality.
Alien ages very well, it still looks very realistic today.

When I think of atmosphere, I think of story telling around the campfire. Maybe the 20 thousand year old predecessor to the moving picture show?

I think there were many effect firsts with Alien. The use of chicken insides for alien parts, the use of water and bright light in slo-mo for rocket engine exhausts. The visuals were and are striking to say the least.

I could not agree more with you on the actors, simple camera-work and it being a drama. I have always thought that about Alien but have failed to put it in words like you.

Another thing not touched on here is the soundtrack which is separated into a single music track without dialog in the DVD box set. The music is classic and fits the movie perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back