Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 17, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #14,806 of 24,680
 I think you will like this!
Ah thanks man looks interesting, I'm a sucker for anything remotely psychedelic haha, will definitely watch some time this weekend! :D

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #14,807 of 24,680
August: Osage County (2013) 7/10

Talk about an A-list cast portraying cringe inducing family dysfunction.
Certainly well represented here with strong dialogue in a class of its own.
Most provocative.

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #14,808 of 24,680
There is a lot to say about Rush. Best sound effects ever glad I didn´t watch this with headphones but in cinema. And racing scenes that is not to corny or poopy :).

Captain Phillips and a Hijacking

Okay movies all. A Hijacking is a bit hamstrung by limited budget but I did preferr it over Captain Phillips.

Nice with a movie where the money making corporates aren´t all corrupted for a change.

In both these movies at some point I was expecting a typical hero action scene...you know...death defying action and the protagonist survives unscathed. Talk about conditioning!
What I saw was real. If there's action there's a 70-80% chance someone will die. Thats how it is in real life.

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #14,810 of 24,680
  All is Lost - 10/10

Loved every minute of it and didn't want it to end.
BTW it has two lines of dialogue in the entire movie.

Sadly, "Wilson" does not make an appearance.

One of the most impressive feats I've ever come across in film was the way the directors/actors/writers elicited such an emotional response in me during the last Wilson scenes. Those images have stayed with me since I first saw the film. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #14,811 of 24,680
Fast And Furious 2009 ............................. 9 out of 10
Fast And Furious 5 "Fast Five" ................................ 9 out of 10
Fast And Furious 6 ............................ 9 out of 10

Seeing these again in high definition was truly amazing. The atention to detail was great.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #14,812 of 24,680
The Frogmen - 8/10

Really enjoyed this movie. It's about the US Navy underwater demolition team during WWII. What they'd do is sneak in near the shore of an island before a major marine/army landing and get rid of all the obstructions with bombs after mapping it out. I believe they didn't start doing this until after Tarawa (need to check into this). Some of it's themes reminded me of "12 O'Clock High". Lots of the men wanted a reassignment because they didn't like the new commander.

What's interesting to me is that this is one of the first earlier WWII movies i've seen with less than one usage of the word "Japs". I think back then it was just an abbreviation and nothing more, but I still don't like it. They used it much more in movies from the 40s. This one was made in 1951.

Another good one is "Away all Boats" which is unlike most every other Hollywood WWII movie.

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #14,813 of 24,680

A concert with a movie and a movie with in a concert.
6 out of 10
Don't want to give anything away but not as original as I thought. Much like an early Cunning Stunts DVD. Great high quality sound and concert footage. Comes out on Bluray the 24th.

Cunning Stunts came out in 1998. Basically they are playing the same old songs.

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #14,814 of 24,680
Will probably get the 3d version of Metallica

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #14,815 of 24,680
Will probably get the 3d version of Metallica

A lot of people are talking about the quality if the newest digital cameras. How even the new Sin City movie will look different because of these new age cameras. All I can say is Metallica does look clear. I don 't think I have ever seen a more clear concert. Ever. Everything is in perfect focus. It is like these cameras have super light gathering so they can stop down the lens and maybe even see stuff you would not see in person. Super high contrast levels and no light lens flair at all. Just the clearest thing you have ever seen.

You can see every little detail of the fans watching and the musicians playing. The sound is perfect and evey angle seems to have exactly the correct exposure. IMO.

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #14,816 of 24,680
A lot of people are talking about the quality if the newest digital cameras. How even the new Sin City movie will look different because of these new age cameras. All I can say is Metallica does look clear. I don 't think I have ever seen a more clear concert. Ever. Everything is in perfect focus. It is like these cameras have super light gathering so they can stop down the lens and maybe even see stuff you would not see in person. Super high contrast levels and no light lens flair at all. Just the clearest thing you have ever seen.

You can see every little detail of the fans watching and the musicians playing. The sound is perfect and evey angle seems to have exactly the correct exposure. IMO.

Are you a salesman for a living. Sounds like you need an OLED to fully appreciate it then. I got to see one in action this friday and from that short view I got the impression we finally got a display technology to surpass CRT. To bad it cost accordingly to image quality so it´s not like I can afford one :frowning2:

The place beyond the pines or what it´s called was my last movie. Felt similar to drive wonder if not Ryan is a fan of Clint Eastwood he love to let silence talk :wink:
I enjoyed it a lot the first half I liked the sonic atmosphere. Dragged a bit second half but it´s a good movie, 7,234/10

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #14,817 of 24,680
I'm considering putting Sherlock's episodes' review as well.

At about 1hr 30 minutes each, they're almost a movie.

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #14,820 of 24,680

Are you a salesman for a living. Sounds like you need an OLED to fully appreciate it then. I got to see one in action this friday and from that short view I got the impression we finally got a display technology to surpass CRT. To bad it cost accordingly to image quality so it´s not like I can afford one :frowning2:

The place beyond the pines or what it´s called was my last movie. Felt similar to drive wonder if not Ryan is a fan of Clint Eastwood he love to let silence talk :wink:

I enjoyed it a lot the first half I liked the sonic atmosphere. Dragged a bit second half but it´s a good movie, 7,234/10

Ha , I was a salesman for 20 years, though now retired. Amazingly I read a ton of magazines about TVs. My TVs now are really no big deal but suite my needs fine. I have a 2013, Samsung (over two million pixel)1080p 40 inch LED running at 60hz-120hz most of the time. I have no streaking problem nor flashlight problems, though do not see true black like a plasma TV. I also have a 41 inch (2010)1080p Samsung Plasma that I watch at night. I love plasma and have had em for a number of years buying when the prices started to drop in 2003. In retrospect I have had a number of technologies in the past, DVD in 97 also DVHS with 1080p but nothing to play it on. Laser disk too!

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/panasonic-will-stop-producing-plasma-tvs-december-8C11505322

I think 4K OLED will be they way to go in a couple years when there is content out. For gaming you also now have one 4K monitor( who would pay over 3K for a 31 inch computer monitor?). Still a little edgy to get a card, or two cards, to put out the over 8 million pixel 60 frames a second. That equals over 250 million pixels of information out-put per second.
The information processing is getting hard to even fathom.

Sony had a 4K video camera making 4K content in 1997, so it is nice to see the monitor community finally coming around. Though I would guess most content now being shot in 8K digital video.

Panasonic has left the plasma TV production market this year in contrast to their plasma TVs getting best of the year awards in most areas. Plasma technology has light producing single cells as does OLED which is the main contrast making technology trumping the LED/LCD TV market. I feel Panasonic left Plasma due to OLED being able to take 4K content into the future of TVs. I guess Plasma TV can't evolve any more?

I like watching my LED during the day, also I'm glad I waited for awhile before going LED, I think the price went down, just like we will see in 4K in 4 years.

Still though being able to buy a big-e-nuff high-def monitor for USD $450 is a godsend. If you are closer than 1.5 feet you can see small lines in 1080p but who views that close? For me optimum is 4 feet.

ASUS PQ321Q Black 31.5" 8ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 4K 350 cd/m2

This is also the biggest pure PC monitor ever made.

Reviews state that seeing 4K content on a 31.5 inch monitor, which Sony has streaming on You-Tube now, is like viewing an alternate reality!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/02/youtube-presenting-4k-video-streaming-at-ces

3840 x 2160 While just a couple lines short of 4K, it is still called a 4K. They say the human eye can not tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back