Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jun 27, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #1,563 of 24,668
Atonement 7.5/10

Good plot, acting, but the pacing bothered me a bit.

Fear Itself 5/10

I know it's a series, but it's infinitely worse than it's predecessor Masters of Horror (which really wasn't that great either). The stories are cliche and predictable, the direction makes no sense sometimes. I had more chills watching the Tales from the Darkside/Twilight Zone re-runs on the Sci-fi channel.

Jun 29, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #1,565 of 24,668
Subway - 9/10
I didn't know of the existence of this movie before today. I just saw Christopher Lambert with spiky hair, carrying a big work light, read Luc Besson and Jean Reno on the cover, and saw that it was the same price as a gallon of milk...well, it turns out there are multiple releases, and I lucked up on the good one.

How this passed under my radar I certainly do know: it's in French, and the dub sucks. But, it's subtitled goodness. Every character that gets more depth than a single word's description is made of nothing but flaws, and a few of them are seriously in need of mental help; the plot is silly, irreverent, and schizophrenic; and the ambiance is perfect (and especially made for music lovers). If you want a movie with morals, structure, or a plot where the outcome makes a real difference, this ain't it.

Head in the Clouds - 7/10
I'd been meaning to watch this for awhile. It's a sad movie, pretty good. The pacing was haphazard enough to be annoying, though. The ending is spectacular.

Reefer Madness the movie musical - 5/10
It suffers most from being a play recorded as a movie. Overly dramatic acting, over-the-top motions and facial expressions, etc., really detract from enjoying it as a movie. Not terrible, though, and a nice way to get Reefer Madness on DVD, too (included as an extra feature).

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians -
confused.gif

There is no way to do this feature justice, positive or negative. Also, I watched it completely sober; and, in hindsight, that was wrong.

Burn Up Excess - 4/10 (not a movie)
I'm generally not a fan of fan service. This series has some silly jokes aimed at the fan service genre. If you've ever had to roll your eyes from someone you know trying to pawn off, say, NBT, as having meaningful elements of any kind, the first disc is probably worth a rental for a few cheap laughs.

Jun 29, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #1,570 of 24,668
9/10

This is an epic supposedly based upon the early to mid life of Gengis Khan. It is subtitled (which usually puts me off) but it was easy to follow and did not get in the way. Wonderful scemes of a very different landscape and culture.

I enjoyed this movie very much and highly recommend it.

Jun 29, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #1,574 of 24,668
Day Watch - 1/10 - Horrible... (you need know nothing else)
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull - 2/10 - Fun movie but overall a terrible addition to the Indiana Jones series. Did NOT feel like an Indy movie. It felt more like a National Treasure movie. If "Indiana Jones" wasn't in the title I would have easily rated this higher.
28 Weeks Later - 8/10 - Great zombie movie. Seemed like it was a lot more graphic and a lot more creepy than the first, thus the reason for 8 out of 10. (Yeah I know..."zombie flic and you didn't expect graphic and creepy!?"...Yeah I did, it was just a little TOO over the top for my taste. The whole 'husband turned zombie after kissing his wife' murder scene just...got to me. PS - If you haven't seen it...sorry for the spoiler and please ignore the previous sentence.)

Soooooo many more I want to see right now but don't have the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back