Rank the IEM's you've heard
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #5,086 of 5,134
Kiwi Ears Quintet and TFZ No.3 are both are on the mark and both can be had without going in debt. Each have been consistently highly rated by reviewers since their debts. I would also add the Ikea OH10 to this too.
Yeah, I was surprised by both on first listen. I EQ and with EQ the Quintet sounds amazing to me. The tuning of the No. 3 feels dated nowadays, but it still holds that old school bass charm. I haven't tried the OH10 but I've heard great things about it.

Apr 11, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #5,087 of 5,134
If we’re going the OH10 route, everyone should own a QKCxHBB and a CCZ coffee bean. I keep a couple of them in cars and suitcases in case I forgot a better pair. And if they’re stolen, I’m out a whopping $18.

Apr 13, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #5,088 of 5,134
... while their ba bass is good it can't match a DD. It depends on what type of music you mainly listen to.

Slightly out of context Imho it's somehow complicated to say DD bass is always better then BA bass.

Coming from the Vision Ears Phönix, a fabulous IEM that might lacking in rare situations the dynamic punch in the bass region - moving on to the Vision Ears 10 that can fix it but in these days I prefer the bass of the Phönix overall instead of VE X.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #5,089 of 5,134
Slightly out of context Imho it's somehow complicated to say DD bass is always better then BA bass.

Coming from the Vision Ears Phönix, a fabulous IEM that might lacking in rare situations the dynamic punch in the bass region - moving on to the Vision Ears 10 that can fix it but in these days I prefer the bass of the Phönix overall instead of VE X.

Fair point, my all ba sets as good as they are for bass can't touch my hybrid sets with a dd, should've made that clearer.

Apr 13, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #5,090 of 5,134
Fair point, my all ba sets as good as they are for bass can't touch my hybrid sets with a dd, should've made that clearer.
Not a very experienced opinion, but I also feel that the 18 BA drivers of the U18S don’t pay justice in the bass region to many songs. Thus why I’m thinking of another type of DD-IEM that may complement the U18S.

Apr 13, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #5,091 of 5,134
Not a very experienced opinion, but I also feel that the 18 BA drivers of the U18S don’t pay justice in the bass region to many songs. Thus why I’m thinking of another type of DD-IEM that may complement the U18S.

Tia Trio or Volur

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #5,092 of 5,134
Haven't heard many IEM's. But I'll rank what I've heard and owned.

1. Thieaudio Monarch MKIII
2. Sennheiser IE800
3. Mee Audio Pinnacle P1 - (own and still love)
4. Sennheiser IE80 - (own but needs a new cable)
5. Shure SE215 - (owned years ago, lost them but they were pretty good).
6. Brainwavz S1 - (own but never use. They're not horrible but the bass is quite muddy. Got them on Drop back when it was Massdrop and they were selling those mystery manufacturer boxes or whatever it was called).

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #5,093 of 5,134
Recent listening at Canjam
1. Noble Onyx
2. Aroma Audio Fei Wan
2. Subtonic Storm
4. VE10
5. 64 Audio U12T tie Volur (It was slight more bass and didn't make much difference to me)
6. 7Hz Aurora tie Monarch Mk III ( I prefer III then II)

Im sensitive to sibilance so almost anything that has it gets thrown out. I tried alot more but more are just not enjoyable to me due to the sibilance. The other 64 Audio stuff are pretty nice but U12T still took the cake for me from the tuning perspective.

Noble Onyx was really special one off. It has this atmosphere and feel to certain tracks that can't be match. It also has quite a elevated bass but balanced everything else that makes this tuning quite enjoyable to listen.

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #5,095 of 5,134
I have a very large list. But I'll put down the ones that stuck out to me most. I like an overall smooth highly balanced signature that keeps a nice low end, energetic yet smooth treble. Heaps of detail and a spacious soundstage. A slight U shape. But big bass is a welcome as long it keeps its technicalities. I rate these as best overall all rounder.

1. Letshuoer Cadenza 12
2. Thieaudio Prestige LTD
3. Fir Audio Xenon 6
4. Kinera Imperial Loki
5. Sweear SR11
6. 64 Audio Volur
7. Thieaudio Monarch Mkiii
8. Unique Melody Mest MKiii
9. Campfire Audio Trifecta
10. Campfire Audio Solaris Stellar Horizon
For the SWEEAR SR11, how did you find it? Not a lot of people have heard of it!

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #5,096 of 5,134
It's a very well balanced iem. Smooth and easy to listen for hours. Nothing really jumps out but it does have great dynamics and staging. The low end isn't huge, but it slams and has great texturing and detail, I felt there was a touch more mid bass over sub, but it's done very nicely. Mids are clear, smooth and detailed. Nothing jumps out and no sibilance to be heard, slightly forward though sounding a touch thin. Same with the treble, has great energy and good amount of detail but never felt like there was too much. Overall a very coherent, yet energetic and smooth listen, balanced and neutral. I enjoyed them a lot. But I did feel staging could be better and overall resolution could be a touch better especially for the price and tech. But overall, a very good all rounder iem.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #5,097 of 5,134
There’s been one available in classifieds for like two months if your interested. Unopened, significantly discounted.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #5,098 of 5,134

well the correct way to say it is good DD bass is always better than good BA bass, and if you don't care about bass and mostly just treble, then don't worry about it.

for example the Anni '23 has DD bass but it's anemic and poor. I heard a couple BA bass sets with better bass than the Anni '23 including a set from Canpur.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #5,099 of 5,134
well the correct way to say it is good DD bass is always better than good BA bass, and if you don't care about bass and mostly just treble, then don't worry about it.

for example the Anni '23 has DD bass but it's anemic and poor. I heard a couple BA bass sets with better bass than the Anni '23 including a set from Canpur.
Yaaa, completely disagree with this 🤣

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #5,100 of 5,134
Yaaa, completely disagree with this 🤣

fair point, I can't say it's poor because I couldn't hear much of it. My bad. It's just anemic then. High quality anemic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back