Raidho XT-1 - New Version of the Award Winning X-1
Nov 1, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #92 of 132
Ditto, Sean hooked me up as well.

A couple comments:

1. The screws shipped to me were a fair bit shorter than the stock Gaia screws. They still work, but there is not much room for adjustment and the thread doesn't seat into the hole very deep, so take care not to over-tighten because they could strip easily. When they first start screwing in, it almost seemed like the screws might be too narrow as there is some initial play but as the screw seats further into the hole it eventually snugs up.

2. The results I posted above may be unique to my listening room and my type of flooring and floor construction. The room has a somewhat "lively" floor as it is a loft area (took some effort to get my turntable isolated). But the Gaia's worked wonders for me. YMMV but if the seller has a money back guaranty, you are golden.

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #94 of 132
Unfortunately, it isn't the XT1 for this tempting offer, it's the X1. :beyersmile: Speaking of which, have you compared the X1 to XT1 before?

I thought the X1 (and the XT1) needed lots of space on the side and back. How close can you get to the front and side wall (basically the front 2 corners) before the sounds starts to deteriorate? I'm usually listening near to mid field.
The Audience Ones definitely sounds better with more space from the front wall.

You probably already saw this review, but if not, it compares the X-1 to XT-1.

http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2017/3/13/raidho-acoustics-xt-1-loudspeaker

Nov 4, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #95 of 132
Sean is the Man! Thanks for pointing me in his direction.

SO what's the general consensus on Sub pairing? 1, 2 or none at all? I have an old JL Audio E110, wondering if I should try to get a 2nd or maybe a pair of REL's instead?

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #97 of 132
I would go with two smaller subs like the RELs. Smaller subs tend to be quicker and two subs (vs one) usually fair better.

I agree with this. I used the REL Q-108 MKII for a short while.

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #98 of 132
Little update: Finally put everything together this weekend and the XT-1's are stunning. So stunning in fact that I've decided to sell them and move up to the C or D series. These speakers really need some nice subs to round out the bottom end and discovered over the weekend that I cannot use the 2 JL's I bought for them. I'm hoping that, with moving up the line, I can maintain that beautiful top end while add some weight down low.

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #99 of 132
@Wraith. glad to hear you liked them. I remain 100% happy with mine.

Let us know when you have the C or D in house and your thoughts vis-a-vis the XT-1. XT-2 could also be an option for you. An online seller The Music Room recently listed some 2 year old C 1.2's with factory packaging. I've bought and sold 4 or 5 items through them and have been very happy with the transactions (they sold my Revel Gems for me last week).

Out of curiosity, what was the issue with the JL subs you purchased?

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #100 of 132
Oh yes, I've had nothing but good experiences with TMR, looks like I just missed a couple of offers from them.

Currently I'm laboring over a C1.1 and whether or not it will offer a significant enough jump over the XT-1.

Nothing was wrong with the JL's, I was user deficient. I'm using the Lumin X1 as my source and I understood that I could use the RCA outs to feed the JL's. Turns out you can but not when you're already using the XLR out to feed the amp. Thus no subs for me = bigger speaker

Nov 26, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #101 of 132
I bought the floorstanding Raidho C2.2. I like my XT-1s with REL subs (speaker wire attached not interconnect attached) better. Easier to position subs for in room response and for some reason I felt the XT1 are more spacious and image better. But my comparison was two different rooms with different amps.

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #102 of 132
Hey Gang,

DId anyone ever run across instructions on how to assemble the XT-1 stands? I sold mine to an older fellow who is really struggling to put these together and is asking me for help. I remember it being a little tedious but nothing I had to seek help for, but it's been a while so I simply don't remember.

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #104 of 132
Greetings, all. I'm not sure how active this thread is but it's a good one. I've been researching the X-1 and XT-1 for a while, thinking they may be just the right speaker for me. This thread is the best I've found in my search.

I would very much appreciate hearing folks' thoughts about amps. I haven't used tubes in many years but I'm thinking I might try them out. I gather that the XT-1 is pretty inefficient (85db) and needs some oomph to drive them. Any recommendations for a tube amp that would be a good match? I've been looking at VAC and Audio Research. I'd say my budget is under $10k. (Okay, so in other words $10k.)

Edit: thank you!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #105 of 132
I have the XT1 speakers which I am keeping and won’t sell after having Maggie 20.7, Magico S5, etc. I think 100 wpc tube or solid state or class A is way to go. I think tube or class A is way to get the most of these holographic wonders. Something that has high current and doubles down from 8 to 4 ohms. To honor the nice small footprint I would opt for an integrated like the new NAD or a Luxman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back