Rafe's Inner Fidelity
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #226 of 323
Well Innerfidelity appears to have passed on - it's no longer a link at the bottom of the AVTech website conglomerate of audio magazines, although it's still accessible through https://www.innerfidelity.com/.

However given it's been a month and a half since the last article was published (and the article before that was already a whole month after the previous article) it appears to have come to an end. Even if you consider worldwide COVID pandemic as a possible cause for the dearth of new content, it still seems very bad for innerfidelity's existence, especially as other headphone sites are finding enough to talk about.

It's a shame as innerfidelity was a real part of my journey through the headphone world, although for me it did die a little (maybe more) when Tyll retired.

Edit: as @jaaron53 states below the innerfidelity link is now dead :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #228 of 323
Well Innerfidelity appears to have passed on - it's no longer a link at the bottom of the AVTech website conglomerate of audio magazines, although it's still accessible through https://www.innerfidelity.com/.

However given it's been a month and a half since the last article was published (and the article before that was already a whole month after the previous article) it appears to have come to an end. Even if you consider worldwide COVID pandemic as a possible cause for the dearth of new content, it still seems very bad for innerfidelity's existence, especially as other headphone sites are finding enough to talk about.

It's a shame as innerfidelity was a real part of my journey through the headphone world, although for me it did die a little (maybe more) when Tyll retired.

Everything in this world takes it’s course more or less. Yet it would be cool if Tyll made short abstract paragraphs on Head-Fi. The truth is behind the curtains there are actual factual concepts which are not time sensitive. These concepts don’t rely on some new technology but have to do with human perception of music with headphones.

We have threads like that, with no absolute concept other than random thoughts on headphones. It could even be that only Tyll has permission to post and he doesn’t answer questions. He can ramble about any headphone related thing to his freedom. That would be great!

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #229 of 323
There are a lot of questions I wish I had thought to ask Tyll when he was still running the ship at IF, but I guess the one that sticks out to me now seeing that video link is where he gets those magnificent Hawaiian shirts. I genuinely, unironically like them, and it makes me miss the closet full of similar shirts I used to have.

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #231 of 323
Innerfidelity.com now just leads to stereophile. Looks like it's really gone. Hated where the site went but I don't think I'm in this hobby without Tyll, sad to see it gone.

Yeah, even my saved links are all broken now.

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #232 of 323
This, however, still exists.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs5A6Gg74iPHyTFJh69w-RA and hopefully AVTech Media don't have the keys to it.

Honestly if AVTech Media didn't see the point of continuing with it then they should have just parked it rather then obliterating it - there was a hell of a lot of still relevant info there that people could have used, and it's not like server space costs anything these days.

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #233 of 323
This, however, still exists.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs5A6Gg74iPHyTFJh69w-RA and hopefully AVTech Media don't have the keys to it.

Honestly if AVTech Media didn't see the point of continuing with it then they should have just parked it rather then obliterating it - there was a hell of a lot of still relevant info there that people could have used, and it's not like server space costs anything these days.

Yeah this is really crap. There were tons of great reviews from Tyll and useful info that is kind of part of the history of headphones now. We need a way to archive that site.

I call B.S. on this!

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #235 of 323
That's better than nothing :frowning2:

The site is horribly slow.

Aug 1, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #236 of 323
Not surprising I guess considering online ad revenue for publishers is apparently waaaay down lately.

Also, it turns out that it might not be a great business decision to take a topical, informative, personality driven, community engaged blog and replace the personality with someone who has almost zero experience in the topic, reduce the informative topical writing to an erratic dribble of mostly diaristic audiophilia and press release copy pasta, then assume a posture of borderline hostility toward the formerly engaged community.

Such a great resource still. I hope Stereophile/AVMedia get their heads right and bring it back online as an archive.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #238 of 323
nvm

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #240 of 323
innerfidelity was one of my goto websites when looking to see what’s new. i probably glanced at it most weeks. Less so post tyl

recently (say last few months) i had forgotten all about it. Then i restumbled on this thread and realised I had forgotten about it.

fair enough they’ve decided to no longer run with it

but it’s disappointing previous reviews (and wall of fame) can no longer be accessed. As some are definitely still relevant
You can still watch videos on youtube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back