R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Nov 28, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #1,381 of 4,421
Just looking at the Black Friday deals on Amazon and just seen the Hifiman HE400i (35 ohms and 93dB). I have no idea when it comes to working out the figures, so could anyone comment on whether the R5 will be able to drive these headphones directly? Thanks.

Also, just for a bit of information. I managed to try out an iBasso DX160 the other day to compare with the R5.... The £50 extra that the R5 costs is so worth it! The DX160 feels and acts like a budget basement player compared to the R5. From the feel of the player to the stripped version of Android that they use, the Hiby is so much better.
These are relatively power hungry low impedance headphones which means they will require more current than voltage. Thankfully the R5 supplies plenty of that so it will be fine. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 28, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #1,382 of 4,421
Nov 29, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #1,384 of 4,421
Re system wide mseb:
I installed FiiO music app which, of course, plays gapless music faultlessly, but how do I access mseb? FiiO EQ options don’t present this option. Thanks
It's in the system settings,under audio. Just remember to turn off the individual app's EQ settings, or you're going to get some interesting sounds (I speak from experience).

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #1,385 of 4,421
Is there any major issues with Hiby r5, i wanted to buy Ibasso DX160 but all those bluetooth conectivity issues and wifi scratching noises when touching screen. I want upgraid from mu Ibasso DX90 and this upgrade will be for 5 years. I dont want to buy DAP witch kinda have bluetooth... if it's there it must work...

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #1,386 of 4,421
Is there any major issues with Hiby r5, i wanted to buy Ibasso DX160 but all those bluetooth conectivity issues and wifi scratching noises when touching screen. I want upgraid from mu Ibasso DX90 and this upgrade will be for 5 years. I dont want to buy DAP witch kinda have bluetooth... if it's there it must work...
No major issues. Bluetooth works fine although I’m not wandering with it on. I came from FiiO M9, Sony A45, AR M20. I prefer R5 over all three, for sound and interface. DX160 looks tempting and I’ve followed the thread but WiFi/Bluetooth issues are worrisome.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #1,387 of 4,421
Seems like screen’s been getting less responsive. Multiple taps required although real estate is scarce. Took the factory screen protector off. Left behind a bunch of sticky residue. Used vinegar and soft cloth. Removed. Wish I could say this made an improvement.

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #1,388 of 4,421
Seems like screen’s been getting less responsive. Multiple taps required although real estate is scarce. Took the factory screen protector off. Left behind a bunch of sticky residue. Used vinegar and soft cloth. Removed. Wish I could say this made an improvement.
Send it in for repair?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 1, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #1,390 of 4,421
It happened to me quite a few times yesterday when I was setting it up. I think this is software, not screen. I have few Hibys and I have learned that you need to disable the lock screen, enable all permissions to google play services and store and never judge the sound, battery and UI performance first few days as it drastically changes.

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #1,391 of 4,421
I also have a screen that sometimes requires multiple taps and sometime just off center to what you want to tap.

Also has anyone noticed that volume increases very slightly and smooth until about 59-60 where that volume increase or decrease is more than other steps. Just 59-60 I think and then all others are back to normal.

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #1,392 of 4,421
I also have a screen that sometimes requires multiple taps and sometime just off center to what you want to tap.

Also has anyone noticed that volume increases very slightly and smooth until about 59-60 where that volume increase or decrease is more than other steps. Just 59-60 I think and then all others are back to normal.
I Have the same, yes. but It does not bother me a lot.

But mine is gpoing to be sent back and refunded, because of the mentioned touch display issue.

Dec 2, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #1,393 of 4,421
It happened to me quite a few times yesterday when I was setting it up. I think this is software, not screen. I have few Hibys and I have learned that you need to disable the lock screen, enable all permissions to google play services and store and never judge the sound, battery and UI performance first few days as it drastically changes.
Unless I misunderstand, I don’t think screen sensitivity is software issue as I installed FiiO music app and touch screen behavior is the same, or maybe you mean a level beneath apps that’s present regardless of apps? I’ve been using mine for a few months now. I listen to all my music offline, and haven’t once accessed Google play. In developer options I’ve force stopped as much google play stuff as seemed prudent. Maybe this is a factor? The google play thing bothers me as all these background processes always running even when you’re offline not using the darn service. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #1,394 of 4,421
Hello.
Does R5 permit remote control via something like FiiO link? Does Hiby music app have anything comparable? Is anyone using a music app that allows remote control of R5 via Bluetooth or WiFi? I can’t seem to get FiiO link to work with R5 via installed FiiO music app. Thanks

Dec 2, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #1,395 of 4,421
Hello.
Does R5 permit remote control via something like FiiO link? Does Hiby music app have anything comparable? Is anyone using a music app that allows remote control of R5 via Bluetooth or WiFi? I can’t seem to get FiiO link to work with R5 via installed FiiO music app. Thanks
Yes, HiBy Link (it's in the app) allows you to control the player with your phone through the HiBy Music app. I haven't used it with the R5 since the buttons are very tactile, but I used it with the R3 a lot (I had one of the first versions where it was all one button). It works pretty well, and does so over BT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back