R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Nov 14, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #1,307 of 4,421
Does anyone know if the R6 or the R6 pro had similar issues when it was 1st released?
I do not know for the r6, personally, just read about it and quit thinking about buying one from the experiences. But r6 was an early device.. Yow have to keep In mind that hiby was a software company before.
I then opted in with the r3 and this one had lots of Issues in the beginning. But after some replacements and software updates the r3 got a very , nice and decent working dap.
I still prefer the r3 over the R5 or the fiio ones.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #1,308 of 4,421
Well, yesterday it seems the screen of my R5 has quit functioning. I had it on my backpack and the player doesn't seem to have any sort of exterior damage. I wonder if something got disconnected inside with movement. Or maybe I left it unlocked and with some random random button presses inside my backpack the software permanently disabled it?
Anyway, it seems to be way more fragile than it appears to, so be careful.
Hi. Was your unit still on or shut down while carrying in your pack? I’ve been transporting mine in my backpack, tucked inside a soft cloth zipper sack, turned off, no issues yet.

Nov 15, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #1,309 of 4,421
Hi. Was your unit still on or shut down while carrying in your pack? I’ve been transporting mine in my backpack, tucked inside a soft cloth zipper sack, turned off, no issues yet.
It was on. Actually it was still on when got it out and it can still play music. It seems it's just that the screen simply went dead. I always have it on the silicon case that came with it, and never got any issues with the player until now.

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #1,310 of 4,421
The display seems to be quite fragile to me also, yes. Got some issues like the touch point is a bit off the point where I really touch the screen.. So I need to touch next to a button except from onto the button. This started today, I have it for a couple of weeks now. But I am not sure if it is a new issue or if it occurs because of the smearing effect I described before.
After all I start to be quite disappointed

Have you taken the screen protector off?

Nov 15, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #1,312 of 4,421
I do not know for the r6, personally, just read about it and quit thinking about buying one from the experiences. But r6 was an early device.. Yow have to keep In mind that hiby was a software company before.
I then opted in with the r3 and this one had lots of Issues in the beginning. But after some replacements and software updates the r3 got a very , nice and decent working dap.
I still prefer the r3 over the R5 or the fiio ones.
I've had r3 last year and there is no reason to prefer it over r5, not even a single one.

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #1,315 of 4,421
Can anyone tell me how to stop music that I've transferred from PC also going to Amazon Music library on the R5.
I've got a large collection on PC - Hardrives and its really easy to sort into folders etc with the Hiby music app but Amazon Music library isn't as user friendly as Hiby and messes it all up.
I'd also like to keep my stored/personal collection separate from Amazon music purchases, touch of OCD.:L3000:
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #1,316 of 4,421
OK, Finally got my R5 and I'm impressed. However, the Hiby App needs a little bit of work.
First and foremost I wish i could sort by Album artist instead of Artist. Or maybe the option is there but i cant find it?

Also the Hiby app needs a redesign. Black theme would be nice to start with but the worst part is the now playing screen. You either have to crop your album art or you get some weird border for no reason. Then there are those polygons in the background look dated and out of place.
But these things are obviously only UI and don't affect the sound but it would be nice to have a refreshed UI for the HIby Music app.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #1,319 of 4,421
7DF6DE75-A429-4A73-9403-D3C7725DD7B6.jpeg During prolonged Bluetooth operation Hiby music app suddenly shuts down and restarts when I push the power button to access menus to change songs/albums.

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #1,320 of 4,421
Using hiby app, aptx Bluetooth volume does not appear to be adjustable from R5. Is this the case?
Can you try enabling developer options and then enabling the "Disable absolute volume" feature inside relating to Bluetooth?
Instructions for enabling developer options:
1. Go to Settings->System->About Device
2. Tap on "Build Number" numerous times until it tells you "You are now a developer!"
3. Go back up a menu level to System and you'll now see Developer Options, tap into that.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back