Quick take: HD-600 vs. K501 vs. V-6
Apr 19, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #31 of 54
For those of you unaware of this, ai0tron is drinking coffee intravenously by the gallon these days. Please pardon his spastic rants and remember to duck under the rain of spittle. Thank you.

By the way, by K1000's have great bass! No sub required.

Apr 19, 2002 at 12:53 AM Post #32 of 54
What's up with you ai0tron? I dont remember you being this obnoxious and irrational before...

kwkarth is entitled to his opinions, and I've never seen anyone advocating AKG headphones "cross" the line whereas they ever fit the way you describe them in your post below.

And whats with the pointless insults?

frown.gif

Apr 19, 2002 at 1:40 AM Post #34 of 54
Man, some of you really crack me up.

AKG's lack bass compared to the Senn's (or at least my 580's).

However, the bass on the senn's can sometimes be a little too "oversaturated" on some recordings (maybe a better word would be "distracting"). On the other hand, the "soundstage" on the akg's seems a bit...fake? I dunno, i cant place my finger on it, some cd's have a plasticky sound to them.

The seens are great headphones because they can handle every genre. The akg's are known to work with certain genre's, like kwkarths tastes, so he loves them, hes a satisfied akg owner.
Plus, i've been on these boards long enough to know the few that run to the akg's defense everytime (how u doin fellas?
wink.gif
)
Same goes for the Senn's and every other "favorite."

I happened to love both cans (580's and 501's), they have their faults, but not one is clearly better than the other just for the sake of arguing. Now, i'm gonna go listen to some Megadeth on my senn's and a little keb mo on my akg's....

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2002 at 3:30 AM Post #36 of 54
Hi folks,
I made one post, and some went postal. I think it strange. I do not dislike the 600's. I own a pair for goodness sake.

I really am quite surprised at some of you! I am as entitled to my opinion as the next guy I guess, but aparently some don't think so. Yes, strange...

I have been practicing audio art for longer than many of my naysayers have been on the planet. I am an audio professional and am completely comfortable with my opinion, as least as much as I am with that of others. At least my opinions are educated and based upon many years of experience as a professional rather than some irrational and emotional outburst. With that said, for the purposes of this board, they're still just another man's opinion.
Happy Listening!

Apr 19, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #37 of 54
All for science and measurements and objectivity today hey ai0tron?
wink.gif

Joe
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 19, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #39 of 54
Personally, I found some of Ai0tron's remarks to be pretty damn funny -- bordering on psycho-craziness and perhaps the effects of a bad day -- but nonetheless, funny.
tongue.gif

But seriously, everyone, please, please just lighten up a bit! And considering freedom of expression is evidently so important here, why can't some of us accept the fact that when Ai0tron expresses himself he goes all out (rampaging and pillaging everything in sight in the form of swears and funny, politically incorrect comments) and if you take it the right way then it is FUNNY STUFF! Ha ha! He he! Ho ho ho!
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #40 of 54
I think whether we can see it that way depends on whether he's trodding on something you feel strongly about...

I sure don't feel strongly about the 600 vs K501 debate as I only own the 580 and don't even like them that much (but it has its uses
wink.gif
)... thought I'd try a cheap little pot shot waaay up there... oops! Just set the house on fire
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 19, 2002 at 4:11 AM Post #42 of 54
People don't have to try to be funny in order to be funny
biggrin.gif

Joe
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2002 at 6:41 AM Post #44 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by Nosferatu
You can only imagine the impact a thread like this has on newcomers or visitors. Sounds like a bunch of immature kids (maybe that is the reality).

My concerns, exactly. Guys, let's relax here. There is no "win" or "lose" on a forum based on opinions and preferences!!! We can disagree, and provide arguments why we have our own particular views, but it should STOP at insulting others and getting emotionally involved in the debate. Geesh.

Quote:

Originally posted by Xander
kwkarth was only stating his opinion, which for the most part I tend to agree with. I think the AKG's superb midrange allows them to shine with just the specific types of music that kwkarth mentioned, which is clearly superior in comparison with the Senns on this same type of reproduction material. I agree, no matter what you power the AKGs with, although the low end respone does improve with better amplification, the bottom end does indeed roll of quite quickly. Faster then the Senns, obviously.

I'm in no way bias, though. I like the Senns as well as the AKGs, clearly each phone has something over the other -- theres no real direct comparison over which is better.

VERY well put, Xander
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
I apologize for Kwkarth and the ensemble of psycho-fanatic AKG lovers who incessantly butt in with their uniquely wrong opinon that the AKG even competes on the same level as the HD600.

aiOtron, I have to disagree with you here. I personally prefer the HD600, but I feel that the K501 do compete with the HD600. They are both very good headphones, but headphones with quite different sounds. The K501 have a bit more clarity and better detail; however, TO ME they sound a bit thin. Overall, I prefer the HD600, but I have no illusions that the K501 are completely inferior.

Quote:

You know what drives me up the wall, the incessent stupidity and recurrence of this argument. In which KWkarth continually reasserts his wrongly held opinion that the AKG K501 does something even remotley close to what the HD600 does. IF he considers this his preference then I consider his opinion invalid.

HOW CAN SOMEONE'S OPINION AND/OR PREFERENCE BE "INVALID?"

Note to new members -- this is not the way the forum usually works
frown.gif

Quote:

Thank you have a nice day and go to hell.

Which should I do first?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 19, 2002 at 6:43 AM Post #45 of 54
Hi everyone!

I know HD-600 well and they are really sometimes bass-heavy (only a bit) with some recordings. But, they are fine cans for almost every genre of music! Not so Stax earspeakers, for example.

I have yet to hear the AKG 401/501/1000
frown.gif
maybe next month
smily_headphones1.gif

THIS IS JUST MY FINDING about HD-600!

P.S.: PLEASE, this is too nice board to be spoiled by personal attacks and flames of war.
frown.gif
I love peaceful discussion. Just think the other people share your passion and love for the same thing: HEADPHONE LISTENING!
smily_headphones1.gif

Peace with you..
Your
Moonwalker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back