Questyle QP1
Sep 22, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #1,576 of 4,272

New toy syndrome (normally last for a week). I paste 4 dots to aid my thumb spinning the wheel all day long. It helps a lot.. will remove if future firmware gets better. For now I will spin spin spin all 400gb of music and thousands of folders.

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #1,577 of 4,272
  I have got 200gb x2 Mico SD cards and I hope Questyle will fix this in the following updates in the play by category.

The current firmware goes like this

1) Genre > Tracks
2) Artist > Tracks

So for Jazz genre, I have to search through thousands of tracks as all the albums are lump together. My thumb has been spinning all day long and it got burnt out pretty fast.

Please add

1) Genre -> Album > tracks
2) Artist > Album > Tracks

seems the UI is a really weak point so far. Also absolute essentials like sorting by "album artist" and folder playthrough have been neglected.

Sep 22, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #1,579 of 4,272
thanks ! I needed to know it looked like brass... the gold will be my choice.

The Golden color has that brass/slight rose gold color to it, and looks thoroughly luxurious. The hue and sheen of the Golden color makes it my favorite device color that deviates from the endless sea of devices that use a tried and true color (usually black).

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #1,581 of 4,272
  I have got 200gb x2 Mico SD cards and I hope Questyle will fix this in the following updates in the play by category.

The current firmware goes like this

1) Genre > Tracks
2) Artist > Tracks

So for Jazz genre, I have to search through thousands of tracks as all the albums are lump together. My thumb has been spinning all day long and it got burnt out pretty fast.

Please add

1) Genre -> Album > tracks
2) Artist > Album > Tracks

This is what the old Ipod and AK models is at. Its pretty fast. So if I look for Diana Krall, I will get 8 of her albums and I can pick one to play. Right now, when I click Diana Krall, I saw 200 tracks of list. I have to spin my thumb many many rounds to get to halfway. I just stick a rubber pad on the wheel as my finger keep slipping.

Hopefully the next firmware will address this, as it makes the experience really good - like the old Ipod models. - Thanks

Seems its an exact copy (software wise) of the fiio x5ii. Why oh why cant they give us Genre>Album>Tracks and Composer fields? Not going to go for this untill they fix it.

Sep 23, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #1,582 of 4,272
I listened to the damn thing today and it is in simple words the best thing I ever listened to.

Great soundstage, airy, clear and crisp. Amazing clarity. Totally matching my preferences!

But the scrollwheel drove me nuts, it is very inaccurate to use. Maybe I just would need some more time
getting used to it. Otherwise the feeling of this thing is just great. Feels solid.

UI has some serious shortcomings, but hopefully can be fixed
with a firmware update.

And do I see it correctly that it does not adjust automatically the size of covers?

Do I want it? Probably, but not before I have seen a DX80.

P.S.: No noticeable hiss!

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #1,584 of 4,272

New toy syndrome (normally last for a week). I paste 4 dots to aid my thumb spinning the wheel all day long. It helps a lot.. will remove if future firmware gets better. For now I will spin spin spin all 400gb of music and thousands of folders.

Very nice pic...your dots reminded me a bit of an old phone dial pad
biggrin.gif

The (amazing looking) iems are your UE18 PRO?
And 400gb...WOW, must be quite a library...

thanks ! I needed to know it looked like brass... the gold will be my choice.

The Golden color has that brass/slight rose gold color to it, and looks thoroughly luxurious. The hue and sheen of the Golden color makes it my favorite device color that deviates from the endless sea of devices that use a tried and true color (usually black).

Following this fantastic dap since the start (post #9) of this thread and I'm sure I will get it at some point...it's great to read so many positive comments on the sq now it's out there
smily_headphones1.gif

At first I was sure I would go for the silver / grey one...but after I bought a golden P1 some weeks ago...

...I think I will also go for the golden QP1R later on....

Btw...I'm a bit scared there will not appear a lot of reviews on it in the near future. You raised the bar simply too high (although it's not a conquest) with your epic one
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #1,585 of 4,272
Had the pleasure of trying the QP1R at the recent CanJam UK event & was very impressed. Although I had my X5/E12 with me I was only able to make a brief comparison - anyone been able to make a lengthier one?

My thought was it's time to ditch the stack in favour of upgrading to the the QP1R, but recall also thinking the elevated detail on offer from it erred on the overly clinical side.

Any observations welcome.

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #1,590 of 4,272

What IEMs are those in the picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back