Questyle CMA18 Portable DAC with Headphone Amplifier
Oct 2, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #19 of 388
Tried the M15 at CanJam SoCal yesterday, I would spend the $$ on the CMA18 portable myself.

That’s great news! Was the cma 18 portable open to listen?

I never clicked with the M15, found it lifeless and bright. But more importantly…very noisy. The CMA18 has my interest though. Curious to learn if they indeed reduced noise by 80%
I guess it’s also about the synergy. With my pairing I found it relatively neutral, holographic, and robust in bass and lower mid.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #23 of 388
Generating a lot of noise is inexcusable, and has nothing to do with synergy. Most reviewers "forgot" to mention this, only to come back to in other/later reviews.
I had mine for a good couple of months. Listened to many iems and headphones with it. Never got noise (PC, iPhone, Android all combined). In fact it was the most dead silent background on a dongle for me so far.

Oct 3, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #27 of 388
"Hiss is slightly stronger than the dongles we tested it against including the RU6 and the LP W2. Of the three, the M15 background hiss levels were the highest when paired with a Campfire Audio 2020 though by no means an invasive level of hiss in its own right. It is still relatively low-key and manageable."

https://headfonics.com/questyle-m15-review/2/
Depends on the IEM cable, I heard phone interferences a few times, but not the hiss described here. I had a pair of Yanyins which was sensitive, but I don’t recall a background hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back