Question for people who use the acss connection with their audio gd amps and dac
Sep 28, 2010 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

angelo898

100+ Head-Fier
hi everyone, i have been a long time lurker but now i dont think i can see any point in searching and finding stuff when there is nobody who seems to have the same situation as me heh.

im currently using a relatively crappy setup, so i plan to upgrade. i have some weird things i want to keep tho

i plan to do

computer to audio gd dac19 nfb3 via usb (upgrade to halide bridge hopefully soon)

dac19 nfb3 to speaker amp via rca

speaker amp to speakers

at the same time

dac19 nfb3 to audio gd c2 headamp via acss connection

c2 headamp to JH 13 or 16 pros (still have not decided, will get all of these at 1 go)

now with the acss connection going on the c2 headamp, there is only high gain. 

so here comes the problem, qinghua has never actually tested his amps with any iems. i am worried about how they will fare with low impedence stuff like the custom iems i plan to listen from. also will it be too loud since i tend to listen to music rather softly.

or is there another dac/headamp combo you guys would like to reccomend that has dual rca outs, or has a switcher for rcas since i do not really want to unplug stuff whenever i wish to change sound.

Sep 28, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 6
Hello Angelo,

Welcome....Your proposed setup is fine and can work in that fashion.  In reference to the iems and C-2, well that's a good one.  The C-2 has some nice power, however, volume can be controlled in hi or lo gain, no prob.  Now, will it have a black backround with iems or some noise?  My lowest impedance cans are Denons and they are quiet with the C-2.  Yes, the JH Pros fwir are in a class of their own and might be fine.  Also, FWIR, owners of JH Pros seem to be plugging them into home amps with great results.  I received the NFB-3 a week ago and also own the DAC-19DF & C-2 and can definitely recommend that combo.  I have not connected the NFB-3 to the C-2 yet as my time has been very limited, though.

What would your budget be for amp/dac excluding headphones, if you don't go this route?

Oct 8, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 6
IMO, you are a bit crazy to spend as much on the Halide Bridge as you are on your DAC.  For that money, I'd buy one of the better DACs.  If you want good USB input, get the Digital Interface with it, which is a fifth of the price of the Halide when bundled from what gather.

If you're going to use IEMs, you can ask for the amp to be built with lower gain.  

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #6 of 6
well, the digital interface has its own power supply unit. i have no more space for a connector. thanks for the information, but halide bridge may not be what i want to buy, but i will get something that will convert usb to something else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back