QQ/Complain thread. Complain about anything!!!
May 30, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #1,292 of 5,627
^ Kenny G in FLAC is bad enough if they played Kenny G in midi in an elevator I was riding the doors would open revealing everyone hanging upside down with their heads cut off, Kenneth G (his classical handle) is alright though...

Quote:
I did...for a while ): 

No not an actual ban, it will just SAY your banned, yet they will rig it so you can still post, I think I've seen that done on another board, but when it was active their post count wouldn't increase, weird...

May 30, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #1,293 of 5,627
i just stubbed my toe on the metal frame of my bed. i hate stubbing my toes on hard things.
mad.gif

May 30, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #1,296 of 5,627

Quote:

I also jammed my finger into a girl's skull while playing tetherball. So much blood.

A tetherball injury. That's really metal.

May 30, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #1,298 of 5,627
The fun part is....most Americans will fight tooth-and-nail to uphold the American "standards" of measurement. 

But the vast majority don't even know:
How many feet are in a yard?
How many yards are in a mile?
How many cups are in a gallon?
How many ounces in a cup?
Etc.

Quote:
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

At work I have to make everyhting in both systems because my boss is from the US...

May 30, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #1,299 of 5,627

Quote:
The fun part is....most Americans will fight tooth-and-nail to uphold the American "standards" of measurement. 

But the vast majority don't even know:
How many feet are in a yard?
How many yards are in a mile?
How many cups are in a gallon?
How many ounces in a cup?
Etc.

How can someone even defend the imperial system.  I've honestly never spoken to any americans who actually feel it's "better" than the metric system, but maybe I haven't spoken to enough americans. :p

May 30, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #1,300 of 5,627

Well I work in a field were measurements are a part of the job, to be honest many prefer the metric system because its simple but still do not want to change the American system because they say it will only add confusion.  Otherwise I don't know how the topic of Metric vs American measurements will come up in a conversation.  Bad part is when you have to convert, because some portion of the original is always lost during the conversion.

Quote:
How can someone even defend the imperial system.  I've honestly never spoken to any americans who actually feel it's "better" than the metric system, but maybe I haven't spoken to enough americans. :p

May 30, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #1,301 of 5,627

Quote:
Well I work in a field were measurements are a part of the job, to be honest many prefer the metric system because its simple but still do not want to change the American system because they say it will only add confusion.  Otherwise I don't know how the topic of Metric vs American measurements will come up in a conversation.  Bad part is when you have to convert, because some portion of the original is always lost during the conversion.

Well, Canada and the rest of the world has already converted...I don't see how it's that much of a problem.  Most products sold in Canada (like food, I mean) tend to have weird American measurements so it translates over to Metric strangely, whereas it's perfectly normal with the American measurements...but seeing as how the Metric system is better than the American system in every conceivable way I see little reason not to switch over.  I say screw the people who say they'll be confused, they just have to deal with it - it's called progress.

But it's not that the Metric system is "simple" as much as that the American system is overly complicated.  The Metric system is logical and base 10, just like our number system and is pretty much the way people thing (due to the fact we have 10 fingers).  On the other hand, the American system...has no basis in reality, really, and makes no sense unless you're accustomed to it.  I mean, the Metric system actually relates to the world (one cubic centimeter of water weighs one gram, which equals one milliliter, for example).

I just find it endlessly confusing and infuriating that Americans insist that they keep with the old and archaic systems...it'd be as bad as someone insisting they want to keep their version of Windows DOS around because they're used to it and they find Windows 7 confusing and therefore not as good.

May 30, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #1,302 of 5,627
I agree completely!!

Quote:
Well, Canada and the rest of the world has already converted...I don't see how it's that much of a problem.  Most products sold in Canada (like food, I mean) tend to have weird American measurements so it translates over to Metric strangely, whereas it's perfectly normal with the American measurements...but seeing as how the Metric system is better than the American system in every conceivable way I see little reason not to switch over.  I say screw the people who say they'll be confused, they just have to deal with it - it's called progress.

But it's not that the Metric system is "simple" as much as that the American system is overly complicated.  The Metric system is logical and base 10, just like our number system and is pretty much the way people thing (due to the fact we have 10 fingers).  On the other hand, the American system...has no basis in reality, really, and makes no sense unless you're accustomed to it.  I mean, the Metric system actually relates to the world (one cubic centimeter of water weighs one gram, which equals one milliliter, for example).

I just find it endlessly confusing and infuriating that Americans insist that they keep with the old and archaic systems...it'd be as bad as someone insisting they want to keep their version of Windows DOS around because they're used to it and they find Windows 7 confusing and therefore not as good.

May 30, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #1,303 of 5,627
Quote:
i just stubbed my toe on the metal frame of my bed. i hate stubbing my toes on hard things.
mad.gif

When I was five I thought I was a "karate master"and tried to "kick" my wood chair in half... landed right split between my toes on the chair leg, blood everywhere.    

Permagrin: I had forgotten that scene, actually. Not to mention his drifting up the mountain was pretty cool. Actually, take any rant posts from me with a grain of salt. That was a late night -think 12:30AM- post, and I had run around 7 miles that day. =/

Edit: Ignore the post time there, for some reason its 3 hours off for me.

May 30, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #1,305 of 5,627
I have a lot of complaints today... I'm in a bad mood.

Fedora was slow and choppy so I put Ubuntu on, only to find out my computer is too slow to run the latest version of Unity... how lame. And I can't get both my monitors to work on Ubuntu either.

Plus, I lost one of the ear clips on my KSC75's, which I've had for all of 2 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back