Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Feb 5, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #406 of 2,156
My two-month Qobuz trial period ended a couple of weeks ago. I assumed Qobuz would just delete the trial account but that didn't happen. I can still log in. My account appears to be limited to 320k playback. I'm not able to upgrade until Qobuz officially launches, which makes sense. I've tried listening at 320k and have found that the Windows 10 desktop client is not stable, at least on my machine. Playback sometimes just stops. Other times a track will stop playing before finishing and the next track will start. I'm only mentioning it because it's gotten worse recently. I've gone back to Tidal and will probably stay with them. Still, I'm sure Qobuz will eventually launch in the US and provide a great product. For those of you in the beta, enjoy Qobuz. I still think the sound quality bettered that of Tidal.

Now that your trial has expired you may have only sample tracks available in the app, at 320k and with a (30 second?) time limitation. But it seems to me you ought to be able to get into the beta now, and I wonder if you can do that by contacting customer service rather than getting in line via the normal beta sign-up page.

For most other issues with the Windows app, the Qobuz USA product manager has promised that the next update will improve performance. I take it that means an update numbered higher than the version 5.0.2 we currently have, and not the small build update I received today.

Feb 6, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #407 of 2,156
Many Windows 10 users are having problems with the Qobuz app, usually stuttering, ticks and pops or dropouts. Often after playing for ten minutes or so sound becomes distorted requiring a restart of the app. My solution was to buy Audirvana+ ($75) and use that player to stream Qobuz. In comparison the Tidal app is stable, but on my system Qobuz sound quality is better. Since Audirvana+ plays Qobuz without problems there are still bugs in the app.

I use Qobuz via Audirvana w Mac and Qobuz app for iPhone.

Both run thru Hugo 2.

Fabulous sound quality.

+1 for Audirvana+ (Windows) and Qobuz (beta), sounds fantastic! Currently a Tidal subscriber so it’s easy and fun in A+ to flip between both services and compare. For the A+ and Qobuz app users, do you prefer Wasapi or Asio?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #408 of 2,156
Just dropped tidal for qobuz. Happy so far. My musical tastes overlap better with the qobuz library and hopefully this only improves with the U.S. launch once beta is finished. Also I stream using and iPad and can get hi-res vs tidal doesn’t output mqa is my understanding using an app. And even if it did my dac won’t unfold mqa.

Feb 6, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #409 of 2,156
Just dropped tidal for qobuz. Happy so far. My musical tastes overlap better with the qobuz library and hopefully this only improves with the U.S. launch once beta is finished. Also I stream using and iPad and can get hi-res vs tidal doesn’t output mqa is my understanding using an app. And even if it did my dac won’t unfold mqa.

Agree, thats one of the best advantages of Qobuz - the ability to stream full hi res thru your apple or android device and use the DAC of your choice.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #411 of 2,156
I am looking forward to Qubuz becoming available to all ROON users.

Have you tried signing up for the beta via Roon? If that doesn't work, sign up for the beta with one free month here: http://on.qobuz.com/RH I received a welcome message in about 10 days

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #412 of 2,156
Have you tried signing up for the beta via Roon? If that doesn't work, sign up for the beta with one free month here: http://on.qobuz.com/RH I received a welcome message in about 10 days
Yes, Qobuz tells me they are accepting names to the Beta waiting list and I am on that, but that they are not accepting any new sign ups beyond the waiting list.

Feb 6, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #413 of 2,156
Yes, Qobuz tells me they are accepting names to the Beta waiting list and I am on that, but that they are not accepting any new sign ups beyond the waiting list.

Too bad, as someone here said Roon might be a way in. But they seem to be admitting people in large batches, so you may not have much longer to wait. Like I said, I was in after 10 days.

Feb 6, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #414 of 2,156
Can I just say after a little over a week of experiencing Qobuz via Roon, i can't begin to describe how much better the experience is specially for hi-res material. I thought the overal considerably more stable behaviour of Qobuz was initially because we have a new router in the flat but after trying Qobuz outside of Roon , I now know it is the Roon interface that improves everything. Not just sonically but most importantly in terms of stability. Via Qobuz as it is and while playing 96Khz hires I sometimes might get 2-3 drop outs per minute , via Roon with same material I get none at all. Not cancelling my Tidal subscription just yet though...

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #415 of 2,156
I am really enjoying Qobuz. Sign-up was seamless. Much better iOS interface, works perfectly on my Mac as well. Wonderful quality sound quality, and real high res - no MQA. Selection is great, haven't missed anything yet. And now Roon integrated, which is also seamless. There is no longer any reason for me to retain my Tidal subscription, so I just cancelled it.

Feb 6, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #416 of 2,156
Now that your trial has expired you may have only sample tracks available in the app, at 320k and with a (30 second?) time limitation. But it seems to me you ought to be able to get into the beta now, and I wonder if you can do that by contacting customer service rather than getting in line via the normal beta sign-up page.

For most other issues with the Windows app, the Qobuz USA product manager has promised that the next update will improve performance. I take it that means an update numbered higher than the version 5.0.2 we currently have, and not the small build update I received today.

Understood. Thanks very much for the response.

Feb 6, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #417 of 2,156
Well I've finally got Qobuz and now I can compare it to Deezer which I like a lot but for a month I get to see if they have the content I enjoy vs Deezer content they both are lossless but Qobuz has some very high resolution tracks maybe I'll keep both lol

Feb 6, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #418 of 2,156
I got the beta but 25$ a month is too steep for me

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #419 of 2,156
My two-month Qobuz trial period ended a couple of weeks ago. I assumed Qobuz would just delete the trial account but that didn't happen. I can still log in. My account appears to be limited to 320k playback. I'm not able to upgrade until Qobuz officially launches, which makes sense. I've tried listening at 320k and have found that the Windows 10 desktop client is not stable, at least on my machine. Playback sometimes just stops. Other times a track will stop playing before finishing and the next track will start. I'm only mentioning it because it's gotten worse recently. I've gone back to Tidal and will probably stay with them. Still, I'm sure Qobuz will eventually launch in the US and provide a great product. For those of you in the beta, enjoy Qobuz. I still think the sound quality bettered that of Tidal.
I guess you had (like me) one of the two-month preview trials that Qobuz was giving away at audio shows last year. You can join the US beta if you'd like — sign up for the waitlist on their website and it takes 1-2 weeks to receive an invitation. If you want to use the same e-mail as on your previous trial, you can use the trick described here, or else contact their customer service and ask them to convert your previous trial (UK) account to a US account — I did this and they resolved it within a day.

Feb 7, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #420 of 2,156
I guess you had (like me) one of the two-month preview trials that Qobuz was giving away at audio shows last year. You can join the US beta if you'd like — sign up for the waitlist on their website and it takes 1-2 weeks to receive an invitation. If you want to use the same e-mail as on your previous trial, you can use the trick described here, or else contact their customer service and ask them to convert your previous trial (UK) account to a US account — I did this and they resolved it within a day.
I have had a free account for years but I just signed into it with Facebook and started my one month free trial after they emailed me the beta link .
The interface is not as good as my Deezer nor do they have as much content as Deezer and Deezer has flac at a pretty good quality but I've been wanting Qobuz for the ability to buy high Resolution Albums that I will definitely keep but Deezer has things like Lyrics that atleast on the beta Qobuz does not have gapless playback which I hope it is in the full version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back