PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread
Dec 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #61 of 734
Come again?  I didn't quite catch that...
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #64 of 734
Y'all are seriously making me want to get one of these now...
redface.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #66 of 734
I tried once, the experience didn't work out too well as I (and Katun) got faked out.  But maybe I should heed Katun's long standing advice and try again?

jump3r, have you heard the HD 238?  If so, how does the PX 100-ii compare to the HD 238?

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #67 of 734
So I decided to try one of these headphones out, and WOW, they sounded amazing. If I could come to as close as how the sound was, I'd compare them to the Sennheiser Orpheus. Yes, the godly Orpheus. I will tell you why.

After amazed about how well these monsters sounded, destroying every aspect of the HD 598, I went to my local hi-fi store and shelled out $2500 on an HD 800 and an amp. I turned on my FLAC collection of classical music. The HD 800s were really nice and all, but the PX100-II... Oh god. The HD 800s sounded like utter garbage; I could not believe this.

I gave other genres a test, I went out to buy the Audeze LCD-3 since they were supposedly good with rock music. Rather than giving the LCD-3s a try first, I went with the PX100-IIs. Automatically, I was attracted to the amazing separation and clarity of the vocals and drums and guitars. I proceeded to listen to the LCD-3s, didn't impress me for one second. The PX100-IIs DESTROYED the Audeze headphones.

I could not believe this, how could it be? Thousand dollar headphones failing to compete against such a simple and small headphone? I could not tolerate this. I searched far and wide for the best pair of headphones money could buy, something... Just something that could destroy the PX100-IIs. Alas, the well renowned Sennheiser Orpheus. The pain in my wallet it took to finally obtain these, it was time... Long story short, I compared them both. Without any shock and awe, I knew who the victor was going to be. My guess was correct, and perhaps it was true. Perhaps the PX100-IIs are not only great bangs for the buck, it was the GREATEST HEADPHONE OF ALL TIME.

Coming back to this thread, I was disgusted by the title. HD625? Blah! Such a shame to call it the HD625, and an even bigger shame to call these headphones the PX100-II. I got a better name: HD 9001.

Back to seriousness, the review sounded almost too sarcastic to be serious.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #68 of 734
Its good that people here r praising px100 ii after all.
i beg to differ sycho px100 ii can not match the sound stade of hd800. and the clarity they offer is amazing man. i can say px 100 ii fights good against hd800 but they r not better(not going for the value only the sound).value of px100 ii is godly. hope ceo of sennheiser doesnt read this page... he will surely re name the product to hd625 or hd9001 as u guys said and they will increase the price 10 times.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #69 of 734
as far as i remember hd238 are for bassheads.  mids r way to shy against lows. so u tend to miss some important music... as kutan said that u can always adjust px100 ii for higher bass. so u can set up ur device in respect to the genres u r listening to.. and if u r listening to hip hop to can always tweak ur setup to get more bass as hip hop songs doesnt contain mids..(some lower bass songs do). if u like metal and rock hd238 can satisfy for 10 days or so. but i am with px 100 ii for about 2 yrs. never missed a beat.. u would not believe that i am using it for gaming(that requires 3d surround sound i believe they r better than most gaming headsets around. i think it is due to its open back design).well different ppl different perception.
PX100-II_05.jpg

by these pads to get good bass that hd238 offer. this mod will make px100ii better for hardcore bassheads. i can say i hv tried many things on my dear px100 ii.the pads used above is Plantronics foam pads
u can also increase soundstage by hd414's ear pads.
794c85c6_IMG00053-20110126-1456.jpg
well it will decrease bass. it will sound neutral with such an economical modification, u can change the sound of these.
BUY IT AND FELL THE BEST HEADPHONE AROUND IN THE MARKET.

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #73 of 734
Quote:
So I decided to try one of these headphones out, and WOW, they sounded amazing. If I could come to as close as how the sound was, I'd compare them to the Sennheiser Orpheus. Yes, the godly Orpheus. I will tell you why.

After amazed about how well these monsters sounded, destroying every aspect of the HD 598, I went to my local hi-fi store and shelled out $2500 on an HD 800 and an amp. I turned on my FLAC collection of classical music. The HD 800s were really nice and all, but the PX100-II... Oh god. The HD 800s sounded like utter garbage; I could not believe this.

I gave other genres a test, I went out to buy the Audeze LCD-3 since they were supposedly good with rock music. Rather than giving the LCD-3s a try first, I went with the PX100-IIs. Automatically, I was attracted to the amazing separation and clarity of the vocals and drums and guitars. I proceeded to listen to the LCD-3s, didn't impress me for one second. The PX100-IIs DESTROYED the Audeze headphones.

I could not believe this, how could it be? Thousand dollar headphones failing to compete against such a simple and small headphone? I could not tolerate this. I searched far and wide for the best pair of headphones money could buy, something... Just something that could destroy the PX100-IIs. Alas, the well renowned Sennheiser Orpheus. The pain in my wallet it took to finally obtain these, it was time... Long story short, I compared them both. Without any shock and awe, I knew who the victor was going to be. My guess was correct, and perhaps it was true. Perhaps the PX100-IIs are not only great bangs for the buck, it was the GREATEST HEADPHONE OF ALL TIME.

Coming back to this thread, I was disgusted by the title. HD625? Blah! Such a shame to call it the HD625, and an even bigger shame to call these headphones the PX100-II. I got a better name: HD 9001.

Back to seriousness, the review sounded almost too sarcastic to be serious.

I still don't understand is the OP joking or not? 

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #74 of 734
Deleted (incorrect comment due to reading comprehension issues!)

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #75 of 734
Quote:
I still don't understand is the OP joking or not? 

he is not joking.. px100 ii is perfect headphone. which can easily stand against the greats..(i can assure u that they sound better than hd598(amp included). against hd700 and hd800 all these hps were comparable. i will not say px100 ii is better but they compete with these giants. i would buy px 100 ii even if sennheiser increase its rate to $800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back