PSA: Ultrasone PRO 2500 @Overstock for $200 shipped
Jul 8, 2010 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
Jul 8, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 38
I'm not really sure if it's new. I got burned by overstock in the past. The description in the link says it comes with 1 year warranty. I thought only refurbished headphones come with 1 year warranty.

Edit: I did a quick search and found refurbished 2500s sell for $199 on ebay/amazon/and etc. This could be refurbished.

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 38
Just had a long conversation w/ Overstock.  They swear they are new in box and that I could return them w/o hassle if they are not new.

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 38

Quote:
Just had a long conversation w/ Overstock.  They swear they are new in box and that I could return them w/o hassle if they are not new.

Great deal, I'd wished these were for sale before I bought my HFI-780's,.....................

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 38
I am really quite interested in hearing the Ultrasone signature.  I read they make you question your perceptions of sonic quality and are extremely revealing of everything in the source/cable/amp chain.  They include a demo CD to help recalibrate your hearing/thinking of sound?  We shall see.

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 38

Quote:
I am really quite interested in hearing the Ultrasone signature.  I read they make you question your perceptions of sonic quality and are extremely revealing of everything in the source/cable/amp chain.  They include a demo CD to help recalibrate your hearing/thinking of sound?  We shall see.

Um,.............they just sound good. The CD is just a marketing thing, sounds good w/any HP's of better quality. Made all my cans shine, even my super-dooper cheapo's.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #9 of 38
Funny, there was a 6 page thread about how the 2500's need to be understood.  I guess I'm hearing they are just another set of cans then?  Lol.  
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #10 of 38

Quote:
Funny, there was a 6 page thread about how the 2500's need to be understood.  I guess I'm hearing they are just another set of cans then?  Lol.  
tongue.gif

I guess I said that? Really? I made a comment about how the HP's sound good (as in high end) and how the CD is marketing spiel - any HP's will show their quality w/it (or lack thereof).

As for the thread in question, I wouldn't doubt that - but you're in the mood to take my comment and use it out of context, enjoy.

As for me, I wish I could take advantage of the sale,......................... bummer!!!

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #11 of 38
Today: [size=15px !important]AUD 318.07[/size]

lol that'd be right 
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #13 of 38

Quote:
I guess I said that? Really? I made a comment about how the HP's sound good (as in high end) and how the CD is marketing spiel - any HP's will show their quality w/it (or lack thereof).

As for the thread in question, I wouldn't doubt that - but you're in the mood to take my comment and use it out of context, enjoy.

As for me, I wish I could take advantage of the sale,......................... bummer!!!

Wow, sensitive.  Didn't mean they were nothing special, I did order them after all.  I really don't get how my comment about your comment about my comment caused you so much distress.  
blink.gif
  Oh well....

My impressions were based on this review:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/220025/ultrasone-proline-2500-a-formal-review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back