PS2 game...where to buy?
Feb 3, 2006 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

cazoo

100+ Head-Fier
Where do you guys buy your PS2 games? Online?

I live in NYC, are there any good stores that are inexpensive that I should go to?

I looked at Tower and Virgin and their prices seem to be kinda high. Thanks.

Feb 4, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 10
Used games at ebgames, some what good prices for older game. I also use the ebgames card (card is around $5, 10% off for used games) = just like not having to pay tax.

Feb 4, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #5 of 10
Like Illah said, games are pretty much price locked unless you're buying them used or from a bargain bin. Just pick whatever store you like best (eb games, gamestop, best buy, etc.) and buy what you want.

Sometimes certain stores have game sales, but they only come along every so often. Toys 'r' Us does a buy 2 get the 3rd free deal once or twice a year which is awesome.

Feb 4, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #6 of 10
You consider just renting them? I'm using gamefly and fairly satisfied with their service.

Feb 4, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9kRPM
Sometimes certain stores have game sales, but they only come along every so often. Toys 'r' Us does a buy 2 get the 3rd free deal once or twice a year which is awesome.

Last time I remember they did that was last December '04. Did they do it again recently? I know there is one somewhat close to me going out of business so they have 20% off everything.

Also keep an eye out for coupons, Best Buy had a few good ones recently for $10 off any $30+ game and $5 off any greatest hits game that came in an Xbox360 preview DVD. Unfortunately the selection at Best Buy isn't what it used to be for video games. I've found they generally have the most popular titles but they don't bother with most RPGs, and you usually have to wait a few more days before best buy gets the new titles on the shelves. You will find, however, that Best Buys prices normal prices are sometimes a little better than Gamestop/Ebgames, for example the new remake of Final Fantasy for GBA is $34.99 at my local Gamestop and is $29.99 at Best Buy. Sometimes the prices vary as much as $10, but it is usually for handheld titles as other platforms are usually released at $49.99.

Feb 4, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
Last time I remember they did that was last December '04. Did they do it again recently? I know there is one somewhat close to me going out of business so they have 20% off everything.

They just did it again this past December... I guess it's a yearly thing for around that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back