PS Audio Stellar Powerplant 3
Jul 20, 2021 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

Tubewin

1000+ Head-Fier
Just curious, but are there not enough people in the headphone hobby interested in the Stellar pp3 or power plants in general? There aren't any reviews of power plants on the forums. I have just got mine and can say that it makes a positive and noticeable difference. Does anyone else have similar experiences with ac regenerators and specifically power plants?

Aug 5, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 61
I own a P12 PowerPlant and it has made a huge difference for my system.

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #5 of 61
PXL_20210811_104040625.jpg

Aug 19, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #6 of 61
I own a stellar pp3 since last November.
It made a very big difference.

Back then I also opened a thread for it, but it didn't get much traction. (It's still on thr bottom of the first Page here though)

The multiwave Feature is noticeable and I use it all the time.

Not cheap but imo a great investment to mske high end Setups even better

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #8 of 61
I wonder if upgrading to something like a p15 or a p20 would make a big difference in a headphone system. I currently have the stellar pp3.
I have a P12 and it has more than enough capacity for my headphone system. Unless you're running monoblock tube amps in your headphone system, I don't think you'd need a P15 or a P20. Those things are huge!

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #9 of 61
Anyone else prefer hooking up amplifiers directly into the wall over the powerplant? The High Current outlet is good on the pp3, but it feels like there is a slight reduction in dynamics. I don't know if it's from the filtering, but I do hear a difference. I definitely prefer hooking up my source gear into the power plant in the regen outlets over the wall outlet.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #10 of 61
I have gone back and forth with that. The iFi SupaNova active cables you’re using don’t play well with PS Audio Power Plants — they didn’t with my P5 and they don’t with my P12. If you’re using one, it’s best to plug it directly into the wall.

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #11 of 61
Yeah daisy chaining active filters doesn't work well on the power plant. It's also written in the manual tho.

The wall wart from a Schiit Loki also doesn't play nice and sounds better from the wall directly

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #13 of 61
It’s listed on the back of the PP3 (and in the manual), but it’s all clumped together. You might do well to post your question on the PS Audio users forum, or reach out to PS Audio support directly. I actually called them in Colorado to verify the stats for the fuse in my P12.

Jan 13, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #14 of 61
I use P12 and love the effect it makes.

PS Audio regenerators (especially bigger models) might look too expensive at first, but it’s a thing that will be with you for a long time. And what’s even better, it improves all gear in your system. At some point this became more cost effective than upgrading individual components.

Jan 14, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #15 of 61
I’ve got a P3 for my primary desktop rig (currently whittled down to Focal Stellia on a dCS Bartok). It’s working well for me. I heard positive differences with my previous gear, but frankly didn’t try the Bartok without it as it rolled into duty. I will probably get one of the larger units for my 2 channel system eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back