Prototype Pictures of New Ray Samuels Tube Amp ** Caution modem users **
Aug 17, 2003 at 5:20 PM Post #31 of 41
Hi Nightfall...

The price will be available as soon as the Chassis Manufacturing will release his cost to me.

The only up grade that will be offered to the Emmeline II "THE STEALTH" would be a noble POT or The attenuator, which this design can accomadate.

Aug 17, 2003 at 5:42 PM Post #32 of 41
Anyone have pics of the guts (both amp and power supply)?
biggrin.gif
Would be fun to drool over in the meantime.
cool.gif

Aug 18, 2003 at 4:50 AM Post #33 of 41
Originally posted by Ray Samuels
Hi Nightfall...

The price will be available as soon as the Chassis Manufacturing will release his cost to me.

Thank you, Ray. I hope you realize that I wasnt trying to pressure you to release a price before you were ready. At most, I was hoping for a "general" pricing comment, say $1000-1500.00, $1500-2000.00 etc.
My comments were based on the fact that because of the immense respect so many of us regard your products with, this is indeed an amp that a LOT of people might be looking at as their next purchase "dependent" on the price range it falls into.
Given the superb build quality and outstanding sound that your solid state Emmeline HR2 provides, a tube amp of your design is something that I am sure nearly everyone here is extremely eager to know more about. Most especially as to price, and whether they could afford one.

JC

Aug 19, 2003 at 5:48 PM Post #34 of 41
I received a quote today for the production version of the tube amp that is pictured above and wanted to share it.

"The Emmeline II "THE STEALTH" with the Noble Pot will have an introductory price of $1,150. This includes both the amp/pre-amp & a separate power supply. The Noble Pots are hand selected & matched for the left & right channels. The only optional component for this amp will be a stepped attenuator and it will add $200.00 more. There will be a waiting period until the chassis have been manufactured, anodized & silk screened. Each amp will be burned in and fully tested before shipping."

Aug 20, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #37 of 41
Looks intresting, i certantly wouldn't mind taking this thing for a spin. Also, mind telling us which stepped intentuator you plan to use in this?

Edit: what tubes did you end up using in this thing? I remember you talking about building a tube amp in chicago, and you seemed frusterated with the lack of quality NOS tubes avaible in the marketplace for cheap prices. Find anything current production worth while?

Aug 21, 2003 at 6:11 PM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
Looks intresting, i certantly wouldn't mind taking this thing for a spin. Also, mind telling us which stepped intentuator you plan to use in this?..............

The attenuator in the quote I have is a DACT stereo.

Sep 1, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Any news?

Hi lextek....
We are really working very hard on "The Stealth" to meet hopfully the 60 days dead line to release the Emmeline II, The Brds have been given to the Gurber file programmer to prepare the program then they will be send to the Brds manufacturers. Ones that is done then they will be housed into their chassis. We will keep you updated. Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back